ADVERTISEMENT

A10 2005 to Present

nathanw19

Star
Jan 3, 2009
I’ve compiled the W/L data for the Mooney era A10. I’m sure 2011 can do more with this than I can:

My biggest take away, which I think we all already knew, is that Richmond is firmly in the second tier of the A10. The first tier being Davidson, Dayton, and VCU. The second tier being URI, Richmond, Saint Louis, and St. Bonnies.

Other things that jumped out:

- Xavier and Temple owned this conference, and the conference misses the quality games they provided.
- Charlotte always sucked and that definitely wasn’t a shooting foul…

Hope the spreadsheet can bring some data to the discussion!

I’ve compiled the W/L data for the Mooney era A10. I’m sure 2011 can do more with this than I can:

My biggest take away, which I think we all already knew, is that Richmond is firmly in the second tier of the A10. The first tier being Davidson, Dayton, and VCU. The second tier being URI, Richmond, Saint Louis, and St. Bonnies.

Other things that jumped out:

- Xavier and Temple owned this conference, and the conference misses the quality games they provided.
- Charlotte always sucked and that definitely wasn’t a shooting foul…

Hope the spreadsheet can bring some data to the discussion!
Yep, the A-10 died when Xavier and Temple left.

The A10’s unbalanced scheduling is going to make this type of analysis futile I believe. For example, Fordham may be the most likely to finish 4th in the conference this year based on its remaining schedule. I don’t think anyone believes they are the fourth best team in the conference.

Regardless, UR is stuck in the 2nd tier and seems to be trending down while others (notably St B and STL) are trending up.

Dayton and VCU are the best programs in the league and surprisingly Davidson is right there with them. The question is whether Davidson will be able to maintain their spot with the coaching change. Easy to see that the best programs have been poached by the higher leagues and so you know who is next if dominos start to fall again.

It is interesting to see how “diverse” the regular season champions have been, but from the winning percentage there are rather clear tiers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT