ADVERTISEMENT

A10 2022 Tourney in DC ...

Section9.RowD

Team Manager
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2021
All-in for at least the dream of a magical 4 days in DC and beyond. Sort of thinking the 6 seed might actually be better for us than the 5 seed at this point given how the potential bracket is lining up. Rooms booked and hope to not drive back down I-95 to Richmond until Sun night ..

(Side story - I already had airplane tix booked from DEN where I was at for the kid's spring break to LGA for the A10 tourney in Brooklyn in 2020. While the tourney got canceled, 4 of us ended including at least one lurker on this blog went ahead and still decided to come to Brooklyn. Flew east on Thursday 3/12 as the market continued to crash. Stayed at a lower end airbnb situation but Cards were played, my 45th birthday came and went, Maker's Mark was enjoyed, Peter Luger steak was consumed, and the KS/Richmond game from 2004 was watched a few times on youtube. Remember heading to LGA on that Sun morning when COVID was exploding renting a car to drive back south and hearing crazy news reports of the "hundreds of cases" - little did I know at the time)

Go Spiders ....

Last edited:
would be nice if the spiders played a game on the west coast in the coming years, I haven’t been to a game since a drubbing at George Washington in I believe 2018

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I can guarantee you the Hokies will be playing longer this year than the Spiders.
Ok … my comment was next week not the season - I expect VT will lose in quarters in Acc on Thursday and we will will make it to at least our quarters on Friday ..: but free country so fine if you guarantee I am wrong

Did anyone else get the survey about the tournament? More fine "work" by whoever created it.

One of the early questions, did you buy tickets for the tournament?
I clicked "no" but instead of being directed to a "why not" question or even "thank you for taking the survey" it took me to the next question.
"Where did you buy tickets" (it listed several options, one of them being the "Captial One Arena Ticket Office").

Needless to say, that was their misspelling, not mine.:rolleyes:

Or having no way to submit if you are not going without having to enter your communication preference and all contact info. Nailed it.

Did anyone else get the survey about the tournament? More fine "work" by whoever created it.

One of the early questions, did you buy tickets for the tournament?
I clicked "no" but instead of being directed to a "why not" question or even "thank you for taking the survey" it took me to the next question.
"Where did you buy tickets" (it listed several options, one of them being the "Captial One Arena Ticket Office").

Needless to say, that was their misspelling, not mine.:rolleyes:
The kids or Romanians that wrote the code never learned about “if-then” statements in their programming classes. 😊

Ok … my comment was next week not the season - I expect VT will lose in quarters in Acc on Thursday and we will will make it to at least our quarters on Friday ..: but free country so fine if you guarantee I am wrong
Well we are playing in the late game on Thursday night. So there is the chance that we could lose that game (hopefully not) and still manage to last longer next week than Virginia Tech. And like you I will be trekking up to see us play for as long as we do.

Also - ahhh Dr. Charlesworth. I always liked his classes. I miss seeing him from time to time at a basketball game here or there.

So next Friday night at 830, what are the odds I will be watching our Spiders in quarterfinals or in the poker room at Mgm National Harbor ? Sigh that was another rough game …

Reactions: SpiderK
There's a good chance we will be in the quarterfinals, considering that we do better against teams that are worse than us. And that's what we have in our Thursday matchup. But there are definitely some below us in the standings that match up much better against us than others.

UMass or Duquesne would be fine. URI led us almost the whole game until they couldn't make a bucket down the stretch. I'm a little nervous about a potential matchup with them, although they really seem to have given up on the season.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
UMass or Duquesne would be fine. URI led us almost the whole game until they couldn't make a bucket down the stretch. I'm a little nervous about a potential matchup with them, although they really seem to have given up on the season.
Might be a battle of who wants to get home the soonest.

Getting on the road late morning and will be DC bound. Still a kid at heart and I wake up this morning just like the start of any season or tourney. Anything can happen in 4 days .. Section9 will be loud and hopefully even with General Admission tix will be close to the court. Go Spiders

Last edited:
Getting on the road late morning and will be DC bound. Still a kid at heart and I wake up this morning just like the start of any season or tourney. Anything can happen in 4 days .. Section9 will be loud and hopefully even with General Admission tix for at least tonight's session will be close to the court. Go Spiders
We will be there…tomorrow 😥 Momma Dji couldn’t get off until late this afternoon…hopefully we will see you up there Fri night. 😀🕷🏀

Reactions: nathanw19
There's a good chance we will be in the quarterfinals, considering that we do better against teams that are worse than us. And that's what we have in our Thursday matchup. But there are definitely some below us in the standings that match up much better against us than others.
If VCU loses to Bye today, we could have a cakewalk into the semifinals, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT