ADVERTISEMENT

A10 2022 Tourney in DC ...

What Mooney’s “finesse” teams have needed for too long is a big who opponents will fear driving right to the hoop. Transfer Priority #1 block shots #2 D rebound. If he scores at all with occasional O rebound than a bonus.

And after watching that HS tape of the kid from the Philly burbs .,.. Grace will eat him alive down low in practice.

What Mooney’s “finesse” teams have needed for too long is a big who opponents will fear driving right to the hoop. Transfer Priority #1 block shots #2 D rebound. If he scores at all with occasional O rebound than a bonus.

And after watching that HS tape of the kid from the Philly burbs .,.. Grace will eat him alive down low in practice.
Yes, thinking about it, our interior may be weakest it has been in the Mooney era. Hopefully it will not be the Mooney era, but if it is we may not de-emphasize rebounding, but just give up altogether.

there's an Ivy grad transfer that fits your description. doesn't seem like we've inquired, though SBU has.
6'9" 220 jumping jack, 24 mpg, 9 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 bpg, 11 assists all year, shot 70% from the field (apparently he dunks a lot), Ivy League defensive player of the year 2 years in a row.
watch the video in the article!

#23 where has this confidence been all season?? I love it!!

Btw, once again, if you find yourself wondering if you should cheer tonight for our spiders against our hated rival I kindly ask that you turn over your fan card to me immediately.

I’m all in tonight. I wish I was there with you Section9!

Reactions: plydogg
Hope you are right, just put $120k on Spiders -8.5...

Maybe I shouldn't have had those 12 bacon bourbons before noon?
Whoooaa. Easy there mite. My book only lets me take the Spiders to -5.5 which pays out +290. So you are going to be walking away with more than half a million. IF you win, please venmo me $50,000.00 finders fee. If you lose, I promise not to make any more predictions. I like the alt line play, you never do know. If you took Iowa -30 yesterday, you probably made a chunk.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Whoooaa. Easy there mite. My book only lets me take the Spiders to -5.5 which pays out +290. So you are going to be walking away with more than half a million. IF you win, please venmo me $50,000.00 finders fee. If you lose, I promise not to make any more predictions. I like the alt line play, you never do know. If you took Iowa -30 yesterday, you probably made a chunk.
If I win, this will be my greatest victory since giving Oakland +28 against the skins in the Super Bowl...

Wow, Bonnies down 1 in the closing seconds, Lofton gets an offensive board, gets fouled, and misses both. Ouch.
So won both regular season but not Tourney game? Has that ever happened before? ;)
Can it happen twice in one day?

Reactions: SpiderMJ
Wow, Bonnies down 1 in the closing seconds, Lofton gets an offensive board, gets fouled, and misses both. Ouch.
he's gonna be thinking about that one for a long time
The announcer stated they could all come back next year. With Schmidt's thin bench he might get on his hands and knees begging. Though we see how that worked out this year. My bad, only three wins and it was worth it.

Bona needed to have at least two legit bench players. They had zero. Tough for five guys to do everything themselves. I bet several of them come back.

They also missed a travel on Dayton. Umass should have been down 2 w ball & ended up down 4.

I am glad we won tonight. But the bigger goal is beating Dayton. With Mooney nothing is a guarantee.

Well … basically got to celebrate the comeback with Gilly’s mom and a collective hug for parents and us dedicated fans. imo any Spiders fan within driving distance should be in the car by 3pm tomorrow … go spiders
Its killing me as I 100% planned on attending this tournament but still not 100% from thumb surgery and to complicate things had my other hand ripped to bits breaking up two dogs fighting a week later requiring stitches making driving up for a day hard. Finally good enough to type but not go to games. Can't make tomorrow for the same reason, but if we somehow make it to Sunday I will drive to DC with my feet if we make it.

Quick question. After tonight I decided screw it Im driving to DC tomorrow. The email Richmond sent out about tickets has them listed at 65$. Ticketmaster has them at 25$ but you are sitting behind the basket and not in the Richmond section behind the bench. Was wondering how strict they are with seating and if I should just go 25$ and try to make my way into Richmond section.

Quick question. After tonight I decided screw it Im driving to DC tomorrow. The email Richmond sent out about tickets has them listed at 65$. Ticketmaster has them at 25$ but you are sitting behind the basket and not in the Richmond section behind the bench. Was wondering how strict they are with seating and if I should just go 25$ and try to make my way into Richmond section.
Yes. The place is about a 1/3 full. You can sit anywhere

Reactions: Section9.RowD
We are still the longshot to win this thing, but if we play like we have the last three halves, I don't see anyone we can't beat. We are still available at +600 to win the championship, so I took a flyer.

Working against us is that this is only the 3rd time Mooney has won more than one tourney game in his career. He's obviously never won 4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT