ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Castlin visit

If he's serious about getting his MA - and I'd think he would be, seeing as how he graduated from Columbia - I like our chances. Our academics are far superior to Xavier's.

Depends what the MA is in. The selection is extremely limited at Richmond, don't know about Xavier.

Reactions: KWeaver
Correct...Ivy League expects all students to complete their four years of eligibility with their first eight semesters on campus. Developmental redshirts are not allowed and medical redshirts require specific waivers to allow anything beyond the eighth semester on campus.

Grad students are not eligible unless they've completed their undergrad degree in less than four years and are still within the eight-semester period.

I guess they just don't want to give out a 5th year free.
I get their principal, but don't think they get the desired effect. they lose their best student athletes.

I know I come across as way too negative to a lot of people on this board but you have got to look at the facts as it pertains to us getting this guy. We're going against Xavier who was a #1 seed this year. The have an outstanding basketball tradition and are in a better league than us. One of y'all said that Mack being gone gives us and advantage and while I'm sure it helps a little I really don't think it will make that much of a difference. I have heard Travis Steele is a tremendous recruiter for them and I think he will have no problem getting this guy. I think we can all agree that Mooney is a horrible recruiter and that Steele even though he is a first time head coach is already a better recruiter than him. Also the biggest reason we are not getting a high level grad transfer is because WE'RE NOT THAT GOOD!!! A guy isn't going to spend his final year of eleigibilty at a school that just went 12 and 20. Just put yourself in his shoes for a second. He comes from Columbia and likely wants to win at a high level in his final year. So if that is what he wants to do he isn't coming to us.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
if it was as easy as simply choosing the better team, you wouldn't even need to take visits. there's a lot to it. playing time, location, relationship with players and coaches, the school. yes, the opportunity to hopefully play in the tournament is a consideration, but it's not the only one.

if it was as easy as simply choosing the better team, you wouldn't even need to take visits. there's a lot to it. playing time, location, relationship with players and coaches, the school. yes, the opportunity to hopefully play in the tournament is a consideration, but it's not the only one.
It would be interesting to know the correlation between “best offer”’and “offer selected”. I expect it is extremely high.

It would be interesting to know the correlation between “best offer”’and “offer selected”. I expect it is extremely high.
Agreed. Occasionally an RFP results in a contract going to the second-lowest bidder for some reason, but 95% of the time, the lowest bidder wins. Same is usually true in this situation, with the best program winning.

Reactions: plydogg
Mo, fair enough, Ulla your post was a personal attack, you need to rein it in. When you respond in this manner you start the cycle of negative posts.
Ulla has you on "ignore." You need to send him a DM.

If there is a silver lining to Khwan’s decision, it would be that one of these decent grad transfers would see there is a huge opportunity to be a starter. They would have their chance anyway.

Dropped by the RC Friday afternoon, both Kyle and Blake were visiting. Glad both arrived before the inclement weather. Would be great if both joined the Spiders as they would seem to fill very important slots for both the upcoming year (Kyle) and subsequent years (Blake).
(Will post on both Kyle and Blake threads.)

I know I come across as way too negative to a lot of people on this board but you have got to look at the facts as it pertains to us getting this guy. We're going against Xavier who was a #1 seed this year. The have an outstanding basketball tradition and are in a better league than us. One of y'all said that Mack being gone gives us and advantage and while I'm sure it helps a little I really don't think it will make that much of a difference. I have heard Travis Steele is a tremendous recruiter for them and I think he will have no problem getting this guy. I think we can all agree that Mooney is a horrible recruiter and that Steele even though he is a first time head coach is already a better recruiter than him. Also the biggest reason we are not getting a high level grad transfer is because WE'RE NOT THAT GOOD!!! A guy isn't going to spend his final year of eleigibilty at a school that just went 12 and 20. Just put yourself in his shoes for a second. He comes from Columbia and likely wants to win at a high level in his final year. So if that is what he wants to do he isn't coming to us.
You make your point in a rough way, but your logic is on target this time. Minus some intense personal connection, a 12-20 team is not going to be an attractive option for a high quality grad transfer.

Did someone sh!t in his oatmeal at D-Hall? Another one bites the dust. Stop me if you've seen this movie before.

Well if we want a grad transfer we all know where to get one. Take a trip over to Chicago state and find a bench player from there.

If any of y'all honestly think that the reason this guy didn't come here was because of negative posts on a message board than you have some real head cases. Players aren't that soft.

Guess that was the good thing of pre social media days and pre graduate transfer options - would have unlikely heard anything about it so would have been no occasion for angst of any kind. Life goes on...................

If any of y'all honestly think that the reason this guy didn't come here was because of negative posts on a message board than you have some real head cases. Players aren't that soft.

My post was sarcastic.

Surprised ulla doesn t have me on ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT