ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Moglia (OT)

TBSpyder

Graduate Assistant
Sep 24, 2011
I once had a brokerage account with Waterhouse Securities, a discount firm. They were bought by Toronto Dominion Bank, which later became TDAmeritrade. Then I established an account with Think or Swim, which was an innovative options brokerage. They were bought by TDAmeritrade.

So, I was blown away to read about Joe Moglia, former CEO of TDAmeritrade, and current Chairman of TDAmeritrade, being the head coach of Coastal Carolina football. Say what you will of Danny Rocco, nice guy, good coach, and all that, he was taken to the woodshed today, by Joe Moglia. He's 65, doing what he loves, and doesn't need a paycheck. It's a great story, and I hope it inspires our coaches, to improve their game.

Wig adn all, the guy put together a great team and a great season, my hats off to them.

Stop it.

Because hiring a business executive would have made so much sense in the wake of 4 coaches in 4 years... duh.

32, I can't believe any of us, would hold it against a school, to get a grant of money.

Moglia bought nothing, he's a proven deal. He started as a football coach, somehow, wound up in finance, and succeeded. Now he's back into coaching. For all of Rocco's merits, BIg South rich guy, Moglia, dominated Rocco.

Those are the facts. Deal with it. Probably the best year, the Big South ever had. We'll see if it continues. I don't begrudge any program getting financial assistance. I'm more interested in, how will the Spiders fare next year.

TB

I've known Moglia and his exploits at TD for years.Not sure you get it.He bought his way, in to,Coastal.I'm the one who let everyone know about Moglia in my earlier posts.Why do you use an excess of commas,when you write,to us?Clever way for market entry.Actually a cheap entry fee in the region.He uses CORPORATE funds to make 501(c) contributions NOT his personal funds.Let's not suffer from naïveté.

This post was edited on 12/6 11:41 PM by 32counter

Moglia bought his way into his job at Coastal Carolina? Does anyone else hear the irony here? Hey, how, did he do today? As for my commas, it's what I learned. I'm no English major, but at least, I can spell better than many posters on this board.

I have no problem with successful people, giving monies to Universities.

Agree with the spelling comment. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by some of atrocious spelling and grammar by UR grads. Must be alcohol fueled.

Yep, you know so much about Moglia. Clearly you also fully understand that TD Bank, who made the Green initiative contribution, and TD Ameritrade are different companies and TD Bank is just one of the owners of TD Ameritrade. Moglia made the introduction a year after he got the job and the University capitalized on it. In fact, it was the university president that approached Moglia about coaching for us and not the other way around. That has been proven by FOIA provided e-mails when the locals were pissed about the firing of David Bennett.

Sounds like a win-win for Coastal. They got the money AND a great coach

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT