ADVERTISEMENT

Much higher probability of Mooney retiring than leaving from U of R.

After posting in the Net thread had to go here thinking if Spiders beat VCU possibly UR80s could be onto something. Though their record against VCU in totality would be like 8W and way greater than 8L. More spinning could take place. Unreal!

Wort case scenario honestly is to beat vcu and either lose in the next round or get to the title game and lose. You know they won’t be able to justify firing mooney with either of those two outcomes. Even if they do get hot and win the auto bid I’ll be happy to see them in the ncaas again but only for a short moment because that just means mooney really isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Reactions: Eight Legger
I wonder if Moonpie had a do-over if he would still vote VCU into the A10? In the old days he would only have to lose to them once a year not two or three.

I wonder if Moonpie had a do-over if he would still vote VCU into the A10? In the old days he would only have to lose to them once a year not two or three.
The A-10 is a league full of VCU’s

We still have one more A10 game to play and will hopefully win and make the NCAA, which many people count as 2 NCAAs quality teams in the last 3 years. If we lose, very high probability we go to the NIT. As things stand now, I think there is a 60% probability Mooney's contract is extended and 40% they let it run out over the next 2 years. The more we win the higher the probability of an extension.

I think it’s a near certainty he’ll be extended given this mini-run. If he makes tourney, I’m still not a fan because I think repetition is extremely unlikely but it’d be hard not to extend him.

if it’s NIT, maybe lower chance but I’d still expect it.

I think it’s a near certainty he’ll be extended given this mini-run. If he makes tourney, I’m still not a fan because I think repetition is extremely unlikely but it’d be hard not to extend him.

if it’s NIT, maybe lower chance but I’d still expect it.
Already at the point of competing for A10 championship since are in the final, so would think an extension is coming. The question is length and value. Hopefully only a modest change because this year’s advantage isn’t going to happen again. The A10 is going to continue to get better and as Mooney has said the transfer portal is going to be a factor. Change is required for future success.

Our guys seem to have plateaued. A coach has to get his players to go beyond themselves every game, no matter the circumstances. We saw that in the St. Joe's game.

No metrics required. The probability has everything to do with the administration and AD’s motto, “It’s OK to be OK”. Why be great when you can be mediocre?
I've been Triggered by having Mooney around. Fire him now. Oh and don't forget to send that $51 million check to the TC Williams decendents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT