ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Roche - Potential Transfer đź‘€

Did Mooney fall down a well or get kicked my a mule sometime in the past 6 weeks? Getting the team to gel during the A-10 tournament, making our sieve of a defense suddenly stout and impressive and now going out, identifying some really good talent to improve our team and then sealing the deal and landing them.

I surely don't recognize this version of Mooney, it hasn't been around much the past decade, but I surely do like this new and improved Mooney 2.0. we are seeing right now.

So that's a real question - who is our lead recruiter? Is MoJo making things like these transfers happen or is Moon closing these deals himself? I agree, this is a very good few weeks working the transfer portal, seems like we identified and got our top guys even when others were very interested as well. And at need positions - big man, shooter, versatile forward - to boot. Having the NCAA win and A10 title to build upon is great but as noted, those things didn't always seal the deal in the past. I'm interested to know the philosophy and results change all the sudden.

Did Mooney fall down a well or get kicked my a mule sometime in the past 6 weeks?
To keep this train of thought going which I laughed out loud and enjoyed very much because it is my kind of humor - I will "attempt" to keep it going...what happened was Hardt had a "heart to heart'/Hardt to Mooney's heart" right before the A-10 tournament that if things didn't change .......(you can make up the rest as well as I can)

So that's a real question - who is our lead recruiter? Is MoJo making things like these transfers happen or is Moon closing these deals himself? I agree, this is a very good few weeks working the transfer portal, seems like we identified and got our top guys even when others were very interested as well. And at need positions - big man, shooter, versatile forward - to boot. Having the NCAA win and A10 title to build upon is great but as noted, those things didn't always seal the deal in the past. I'm interested to know the philosophy and results change all the sudden.
I assume MoJo is the lead recruiter but I think Mooney is usually very involved too.

To keep this train of thought going which I laughed out loud and enjoyed very much because it is my kind of humor - I will "attempt" to keep it going...what happened was Hardt had a "heart to heart'/Hardt to Mooney's heart" right before the A-10 tournament that if things didn't change .......(you can make up the rest as well as I can)
Between MoJo, Hardt, and "Moon", I'm sure there is still at least one joke left in there somewhere...

• Haha
Reactions: spider fan
Dad can chime in here but staff is typically big in identifying talent and starting a relationship. the head coach always gets involved when it's serious. and he always offers/closes.

in the transfer portal, since it's such a condensed recruiting period, I believe the head coach is involved right from the start.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Of course, Mooney is intimately involved. I think Mojo has a lot more charimsa than Mooney (we know this is not a Mooney strong suit), so I would think Mojo is the big personality out engaging the sale and Mooney check in as the head guy and makes sure the buyer is happy.

I kind of think Mojo can sell Mooney better than Mooney can sell himself. And there is nothing wrong with that some people are naturally gifted in those areas and others are not. A good leader finds people who excel in areas that they lack.

Dad can chime in here but staff is typically big in identifying talent and starting a relationship. the head coach always gets involved when it's serious. and he always offers/closes.

in the transfer portal, since it's such a condensed recruiting period, I believe the head coach is involved right from the start.
Not sure about the portal but you’re prob correct. As far as the first part you are correct as well.

Of course, Mooney is intimately involved. I think Mojo has a lot more charimsa than Mooney (we know this is not a Mooney strong suit), so I would think Mojo is the big personality out engaging the sale and Mooney check in as the head guy and makes sure the buyer is happy.

I kind of think Mojo can sell Mooney better than Mooney can sell himself. And there is nothing wrong with that some people are naturally gifted in those areas and others are not. A good leader finds people who excel in areas that they lack.
Terrific post I agree with

Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT