ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Roche - Potential Transfer đź‘€

The tweet had multiple Citadel players responding to it calling them out. Appears Roche told that account and said to not release it and they decided to ignore that and post it anyway. Pretty scumbag move, must be a VCU fan who runs it

Reactions: SpiderK
I was wondering about the source, and thought it was strange. But, like was said, hopefully this is just so Roche can announce himself.

Love it. Hopefully Mooney's strategy of going after guys with multiple years left pays dividends. As much as I would have liked us to find a big body who could rebound and bang in the transfer market, I'm impressed we were able to pick up what appear to be three quality guys.
Agree. Personally, I've come around on this myself, PLUS getting a big time 4 NEXT year makes a ton of sense. Good job CM.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Let’s wait and see if any of them are good before extending Mooney another 10 years.

Reactions: Spiderwiz
Let’s wait and see if any of them are good before extending Mooney another 10 years.
I agree, but how much longer should we wait to see if Cline is any better than Abakah?

Or see where Mooney takes the team with 3 transfers, existing players, and incoming freshmen. Let the record moving forward speak for itself. Certainly looks promising on a forum. It needs to translate to performance.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
Particularly the exiting superior seniors,returning seniors and the undergrad ballers likely each had a distinct hand in convincing the transfers to come on board.The remaining UR assistant coaches appear to be good salesmen as well.Mooney will get the ultimate kudos but last season’s team had A+ tough ballers with a goal that very few thought to be achievable.

Starting to wonder if getting our asses handed to us by vcu at Costco this year will end up being the JMU loss during our national championship year in football -- a seminal moment that changed the course of the program for the better.

I think it became motivation to get payback on them, which we did, and then to go farther and do things we hadn't done in a long time or ever, which we also did. Now we appear to be operating in a way we never have before with transfers. It's like we have suddenly awakened and are acting like the high-level program we all knew we could become. We have a real opportunity now to string together multiple NCAA appearances in short order and take back the city in the process.

Starting to wonder if getting our asses handed to us by vcu at Costco this year will end up being the JMU loss during our national championship year in football -- a seminal moment that changed the course of the program for the better.

I think it became motivation to get payback on them, which we did, and then to go farther and do things we hadn't done in a long time or ever, which we also did. Now we appear to be operating in a way we never have before with transfers. It's like we have suddenly awakened and are acting like the high-level program we all knew we could become. We have a real opportunity now to string together multiple NCAA appearances in short order and take back the city in the process.
Oh yeah - perhaps the 'We run Richmond and wanted to make it known" by two VCU players was a "bridge too far" and proved that "Pride goeth before a fall"

Reactions: Eight Legger
As a longtime Mooney critic, give him major kudos for portal pick ups. Appear a solid team next year, if coached up properly. Lotta talent. Lotta weapons. Lotta hope. Go Spiders!
In the same boat! Not paying much attention of late but Roche coming here too wow. I believe 3 excellent prioritized pickups that Mooney deserves all the credit. Mooney might have joined the transfer party a few years late but sure picked up how to do it successfully.

Of course this is all paper but looking at what some other A10 schools have lost advantage Mooney. Maybe that player's coach culture Mooney has formed here is paying dividends. A coach won't throw you to the curb. Sal knew he had to go but thinking Mooney had a long talk with Wilson and in his best interests the kid knew change was necessary for playing time.

What I don't know, are the three allowed to play next season?

Wonder how much our A10 championship and NCAA appearance helped with these decisions.
Not so much the A10 championship but NCAA tournament is where the money and attention lies. If you’re not making the tournament no one cares. Kids want to play in March Madness, or the Final Four Tournament if you will.

I’m impressed with the actions Mooney took this off-season. He needs to guide us back to the promised land again. Expectations should rightfully be high.

That's his prep coach at Pomfret. Interesting tidbit I saw on Roche...he had no offers coming out of high school, so decided to prep at Pomfret, but never got to play a game for them after their season was canceled due to COVID.

He had already been offered, committed, and signed with The Citadel before the season would have been played, but still...

Citadel assistant knew the Pomfret coach, so they got a heads-up on him, liked his high school tape from back in Berkeley, and then had Pomfret set up a 3-on-3 workout on a tennis court with a basketball hoop to see him and confirm they wanted to offer.

For some reason, that high school always makes me think of french fries...
Expensive French Fries at an annual bucket of tuition only without ketchup going for $42,000

If you want that plus the filet mignon and eggs Benedict and a place to sleep the price
escalates slightly to $62,000

Relatively inexpensive compared to other prime time New England prep boarding schools(Hotchkiss,Taft,Choate,Avon Old Farms,Exeter,PhillipsAcademy,Groton)..

Expensive French Fries at an annual bucket of tuition only without ketchup going for $42,000

If you want that plus the filet mignon and eggs Benedict and a place to sleep the price
escalates slightly to $62,000

Relatively inexpensive compared to other prime time New England prep boarding schools(Hotchkiss,Taft,Choate,Avon Old Farms,Exeter,PhillipsAcademy,Groton)..
He’ll feel right at home at UR, with our tuition rates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT