ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Roche - Potential Transfer 👀

The+Rolling+Stones+-+Get+Yer+Ya-Yas+Out-Front.jpg
now you're talking...best live album ever...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: plydogg
He shot worse from 2 than 3 last season, not sure how often you see that from a player putting up as many attempts as Roche, haha. Definitely would be a great get, seems like he can get his shot off very quickly.

Interesting - very distinct choices here. Missouri - SEC school - a complete turnstile - no idea what you are walking into there. Rice, USD - nice cities to live in, but basketball wastelands - no attendance, small time hoops. Richmond - good conference, basketball school, as much as we bang on ourselves, good attendance, stable coach for life, values the 3 ball. I think we offer a ton vs the competition - unless wants to play in the SEC, that could be determining factor - but think we offer the best of all worlds compared to the other three.
Stable coach for life? Don’t depress me.

Stable coach for life? Don’t depress me.
Sir, my apologies. I too am trying to find peace in this idea. I am hoping you are in very good health and may out live his tenure. I am hoping he can step up the learning curve and we can be at the NCAA level we aspire to more years than not. Our activity this off season gives me hope. If we can recruit at a slightly better level that will go far to our success. We shall see. If we can land Roche I think a very good sign on top of Quinn and Bigelow.

interesting stat comparable to Andrew Funk's zero offensive rebounds on the year ...
in 31 games and 1,121 minutes, Jason Roche only took 32 two-pointers. he made 14.
he was 110-277 from 3.

He shot worse from 2 than 3 last season, not sure how often you see that from a player putting up as many attempts as Roche, haha. Definitely would be a great get, seems like he can get his shot off very quickly.
interesting stat comparable to Andrew Funk's zero offensive rebounds on the year ...
in 31 games and 1,121 minutes, Jason Roche only took 32 two-pointers. he made 14.
he was 110-277 from 3.

2 made2 attempt3 made3 attempt
2%​
3%​
NonD-1
4​
5​
14​
29​
80.0%​
48.3%​
D1
10​
26​
96​
248​
38.5%​
38.7%​
Total
14​
31​
110​
277​
45.2%​
39.7%​

And better OR% than Gilly, slightly less than Sherod...

he was 110-277 from 3.

we have room & need for pure shooter. I have less concern for rebounding after our Bigelow & Quinn portal adds & with our returning guys esp if that includes Burton.

he was 110-277 from 3.
If your that good from 3, why take two pointers. Do what you do best the most often. Same theory applies for our big men. Why is Grant Golden out at the 3 point line half of the time when he is the most efficient player in the country shooting around the bucket?

Send Gipe down to carry his books to class for the next 2 months, if need be, lets get this guy on board.

If your that good from 3, why take two pointers.
agreed. I just find it funny he took so few. you'd think by chance he'd find himself open inside the line a few more times, or have someone out on him and drive. he is 6'5" and he did get 23 offensive rebounds.

Ya, official visits can be up to 48 hours.

I was still wondering about that recruiting trip our staff took to Newport News on Tuesday...seemed odd to me that they would have completely left town with Roche potentially still around, but maybe Weingarten was mistaken and the visit started Wednesday, not Tuesday.

Ya, official visits can be up to 48 hours.

I was still wondering about that recruiting trip our staff took to Newport News on Tuesday...seemed odd to me that they would have completely left town with Roche potentially still around, but maybe Weingarten was mistaken and the visit started Wednesday, not Tuesday.
seems normal to me. coaches spend the day with a recruit. then they leave it to the team to spend time with him and bond at night. then they'll all get together again the next morning for breakfast.

Reactions: VT4700
seems normal to me. coaches spend the day with a recruit. then they leave it to the team to spend time with him and bond at night. then they'll all get together again the next morning for breakfast.
Certainly possible. McGonigal with his freshly minted recruiting responsibility would have been around to deal with any problems.

Probably just me, but it just feels a little off to be leaving town to look at a 2023 when you've got a key immediate target right on campus. You want to give every signal that he's your only focus at the moment.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Certainly possible. McGonigal with his freshly minted recruiting responsibility would have been around to deal with any problems.

Probably just me, but it just feels a little off to be leaving town to look at a 2023 when you've got a key immediate target right on campus. You want to give every signal that he's your only focus at the moment.
I hear you, buy everytime you get a guy on campus, you can't just forget about everyone else. You have plenty of opportunities to show him how badly you want him, while still looking into other guys. I would think plenty of guys would respect a coach who gets after it like that and is big time focused on making his team as good as possible just as much if not more than a coach who would just cater to them during the whole visit.

Love it. Hopefully Mooney's strategy of going after guys with multiple years left pays dividends. As much as I would have liked us to find a big body who could rebound and bang in the transfer market, I'm impressed we were able to pick up what appear to be three quality guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT