ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Nelson - 2021 Commit

I think we should be pleased with this comment from Coach White. It speaks well of what an objective view of our program looks like to a top H.S. coach.

“By July, I would think,” said the Justices’ Coach Ty White of Nelson’s upcoming decision. “Jason can’t go wrong with either.”

It's an SEC program, I get that and Vandy is a heck of school, but I feel like we hold all of the basketball related cards in this one.

Reactions: plydogg
I suspect a by product of the pandemic will be kids staying closer to home when they pick a college. Let's hope it works this time.

Not much chatter. Really would like to add him to our backcourt for the future. Any one see anything new? Guessing we all will just have to wait it for a couple more days.
Dammit ! You weren’t posting his decision...

I am hopeful too. Went over to Vandy board, they seem disappointed in his size and offer list.. On the other hand I think Jason can be an impact player on a top 20 team.

I believe Gilly said it about as well as it can be said when he said something to the effect of "I became a better player when I realized I needed to make my teammates better"

I believe Gilly said it about as well as it can be said when he said something to the effect of "I became a better player when I realized I needed to make my teammates better"

I believe that this is how the good become great.

Reactions: nathanw19
man, this is setting up nicely. we have Dread. let's say we get the thumbs up from Nelson tomorrow. hopefully Hicks would be next. then another long wing like Taylor or Johnson or Thompson. and then find that elusive big man to round out an amazing class.

Don't expect 5 freshman signed. Mooney has said as much. At least 1 will be used for a transfer.

Things will likely open up a bit with transfers and the inevitable guys unwisely going pro early, but as of right now they only have a spot or two left for 2021, so I'd be surprised if they use two of them on PGs, even if Daniels is a combo.

Don't expect 5 freshman signed. Mooney has said as much. At least 1 will be used for a transfer.
if 5 good ones want to come I think we accept them.
but we don't seems to be "in" with many post players. if we can't land a post, we'll be in the market for a transfer post ... with everyone else looking at the same guys. decent big guy transfers are going to be tough to get.

Reactions: Spider2020
but we don't seems to be "in" with many post players. if we can't land a post, we'll be in the market for a transfer post ... with everyone else looking at the same guys. decent big guy transfers are going to be tough to get.
Transfer bigs are probably the most sought after athletes in college basketball. I hope we aren’t banking on finding one, because we’ve seen in the past we can end up with guys like Abakah and Madrid-Andrews who don’t contribute at all.

So you are saying we won't say "Sorry, Zion, we'll wait for a transfer..."? :)

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT