ADVERTISEMENT

In Loving Memory Of Charles Hohl

Mar 7, 2014
My mom is a huge UR fan, and has been and will continue to be a season seat holder (if primary holder status can now be successfully transferred to her) with Charlie Hohl, a very close friend of over 40 years. Charlie, a former UR football player as well, passed away recently, so wanted to place this here as a memorial to him and his support of yall program over the years.. people like him have been keeping UR a strong program for many years (through support and participation)... the backbones of UR Athletics. Once it happened and I was made aware of it, I told her I was going to place this here in his honor, and sorry so late, I had been awaiting knowing the it was placed for me to be able to place it here. RIP Charlie.
http://www.richmond.com/obituaries/hohl-charles/article_5a0c7d0f-8c4d-5788-9e13-42fd71f234f6.html

5a67daaa00ada.image.jpg

HOHL, Charles "Charlie" Francis, passed away on January 21, 2018, in Richmond, Va. He was born on December 6, 1931, to Francis Jerome and Margaret (Huston) Hohl in Auburn, N.Y. Charlie is survived by his wife of 60 years, Mary Marcia; his brother, Donald and his wife, Alice, of Fremont, Calif.; his sons, Michael and his wife, Alicia, of Norfolk, Va. and Patrick and Marshall of Richmond, Va.; grandsons, Joshua and James. He was preceded in death by his daughter, Catherine. Charlie graduated from high school in Sylacauga, Ala. in 1949 and in 1951 he joined the Army and served until his honorable discharge in 1952 as an Artilleryman. Following his discharge, he attended the University of Richmond, where he earned both his bachelor's and master's degrees. While attending U of R, he played one year as a running back before getting injured. After graduation he worked for Liggett and Myers, Philip Morris and the Knights of Columbus, where he sold insurance for 25 years until his retirement. He was an active member of Council 395 and a member of the 4th degree. Upon his retirement from the Knights of Columbus, he began his second career working with the Henrico County Police Department as a school crossing guard. For 20 years he derived great pleasure providing safety for the children, who he often referred to as his "Charlie's Angels." Charlie remained an avid Spiders fan and as a season ticket holder, he and his buddies enjoyed tailgating parties and attending basketball and football games with great enthusiasm. He was a generous man who devoted many years serving as an emcee for the annual Little Sisters of the Poor Christmas party from which he derived great pleasure dancing with all the ladies and never leaving until he was sure everyone had laughed and had an enjoyable time. Charlie was a wanderlust, who never met a road not taken. Nothing gave him more pleasure than to be behind the wheel of his car going wherever the road took him. The family would like to thank the nursing staff (PSU) at Henrico Doctors' Hospital. A Celebration of Life will be held Saturday, January 27, 2018, 3 p.m., at Bliley's-Staples Mill, 8510 Staples Mill Rd. The family will receive friends one hour before the service. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Comments for his family can be left in his guestbook, located here:
http://www.blileys.com/obituary/Charles-Charlie-Francis-Hohl/Richmond-VA/1777483

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT