ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Cosh - New Defensive Coordinator

72Spider

Team Manager
May 6, 2003
Former defensive coordinator for N. Texas State, Kansas State, Maryland. 56 yrs. old. DR says won't change the defense will "advance it."

Welcome Coach Cosh! Trott, Fisher, Woods, Garrett, Cosh. Rocco has definitely found a recipe of hiring seasoned guys as his top lieutenants. It has worked out as a great strategy so far - don't fix what ain't broke!

Things did not go well in his one year at North Texas last year (1-11, with the worst FBS loss to an FCS program in history), but obviously his career and experience is much bigger than that.

Do really like the amount of experience Danny has consistently been able to bring in.

Things did not go well in his one year at North Texas last year (1-11, with the worst FBS loss to an FCS program in history), but obviously his career and experience is much bigger than that.

Do really like the amount of experience Danny has consistently been able to bring in.
Usually when we have had a bad season in the past, it was more because the offense could not stay on the field and the defense had to spend too
much time and tire out. Usually Rocco does not bring anyone on unless he knows them or through contacts, knows a lot about them and they are endorsed.

Hey, if he just stops giving receivers an easy cushion of 10-15 yards and gets our secondary playing tough, that will be a huge improvement. Like the hire and expect there will be some adjustment for the better no matter what they say right now. Like bringing in a new voice and all the experience.

Reactions: SpiderRick
Totally agree B. I think DR is looking for more creativity and aggressiveness. He saw it in the semi-finals and now knows what it will take to get to a championship. How often have we been frustrated watching opposing receivers have plenty of room? CAA QBs are good and can pick that type defense apart, especially when there is limited pressure in the backfield. This recruiting class included some stout linemen and obviously aggressive LBs and DBs. I look for some good changes.

Watching his video (at Buffalo) is very interesting. He has been hired and re-hired by coach Snyder, at Kansas State, who is a true legend, so he has certainly been near the top of the heap in defensive college coaching. His most recent stops have clearly not be lateral moves, but this may signal a willingness to remain at UR for a few years, and some potential for defensive continuity for us. I like the hire, and DR just seems to have a very good eye for bringing in assistants who know their stuff. I do not see our defense taking a step backwards with this hire. And, as suggested by others, maybe we become more aggressive, especially in the secondary. .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT