ADVERTISEMENT

Annap you are totally out of bounds

I apologize to all of you. It was and is a wonderful thread, and that is why I felt that his continued disrespect by using that profile photo soiled the thread.
Each of you seem to be easily able to accept it. Why?
Again I will say that Beck was a great man, and I’m very sad
that he won’t be sitting at the announcers table this year. But even
more I am sad for his wonderful family. God bless Greg and everyone
that was close and dear to him.

Reactions: Dr. Spidey
Years ago, at the local pool/gym, I and all the masters swimmers followed the same routine. There was an old sign directing us to do or not do something which we all ignored as it was ridiculous.

A good friend VMI class of 62 or 63 looked at me one day and said can’t read the sign. Didn’t they teach you anything at Richmond? I smiled at him and said yes sir they taught us to question authority.

8L if you ever change your profile pic I may adopt it.
Keep questioning.

Years ago, at the local pool/gym, I and all the masters swimmers followed the same routine. There was an old sign directing us to do or not do something which we all ignored as it was ridiculous.

A good friend VMI class of 62 or 63 looked at me one day and said can’t read the sign. Didn’t they teach you anything at Richmond? I smiled at him and said yes sir they taught us to question authority.

8L if you ever change your profile pic I may adopt it.
Keep questioning.
But were your family, friends, players offended by the sign?
Not a good analogy.

I apologize to all of you. It was and is a wonderful thread, and that is why I felt that his continued disrespect by using that profile photo soiled the thread.
Each of you seem to be easily able to accept it. Why?
Again I will say that Beck was a great man, and I’m very sad
that he won’t be sitting at the announcers table this year. But even
more I am sad for his wonderful family. God bless Greg and everyone
that was close and dear to him.
You’re a child. That had nothing to do with Beck. You chose to make the post all about you. Mention that in a post about Mooney if you really must.

You’re a child. That had nothing to do with Beck. You chose to make the post all about you. Mention that in a post about Mooney if you really must.
Didn’t do well in English 101 did you?
What possibly could you have gotten from what I posted as being
about me?

When one's urges or ego can't be kept in check for a new player welcome thread or even a memorial thread for someone that was a huge part of Richmond basketball there are some serious problems.
And it has nothing to do with a damn postage stamp sized picture of a billboard :rolleyes:
I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but I agree with you.
So why keep it?

When one's urges or ego can't be kept in check for a new player welcome thread or even a memorial thread for someone that was a huge part of Richmond basketball there are some serious problems.
And it has nothing to do with a damn postage stamp sized picture of a billboard :rolleyes:
Keep up your posts and stay with your moniker and beliefs. You are a great fan of Spider Basketball. Your freedom of expression is as valuable as anyone who would criticize it. There are many on this site who agree with.

Keep up your posts and stay with your moniker and beliefs. You are a great fan of Spider Basketball. Your freedom of expression is as valuable as anyone who would criticize it. There are many on this site who agree with.
Why do they agree with it? Great fans of Spider Basketball don’t want
the constant reminder that several years ago we were where we where.
We have come a long way since then.

That’s not totally true.
I have been a Spider fan since we played downtown in
an old bus garage. Lew Mills was coach and considering
the facilities he had to work with, he did an admirable
job. Not good, but admirable.
But like any other job, demeaning posts don’t make things
better.

It is a show of discontent. That paying a guy millions of dollars with little results is not OK. I get it if you are doing this for a high school coach that basically pays to coach or a d3 coach making 100k to put in 80 hrs a week it is a bit unwarranted. But when you get in the realm of pro sports , yes we are in that realm, fans are going to expect results. I am at the point of just hoping Mooney can show he can start getting to the NCAAs. They have removed the academic handcuffs. There is evidence that we are very competitive on NIL. Now let's see u consistently get to NCAAs. If not there is going to be discontent.

It's their choice. Why do you care?

Are you a communist?

Put them on ignore then you won't see it.
A communist? Wow- I haven’t heard that used as a personal attack in
years.
I don’t want to ignore 8legs.. he offers interesting perspectives at times.

I care because it was besmirched on ESPN, and noted that Chris’s
children had to hear about it at school. It continues to remind all
of those that care where we were, and not how far we have come.

Okay, I’m tired of explaining myself.
I don’t understand why I seem to be the only one
it bothers. And it bothers me because I love our
school and our team and find anything that puts them
in a bad spotlight as offensive.

72Spider -what I am basically saying is that I’m giving up because of the lack of support and understanding by others on the site.
I have said why I think it’s wrong to post the billboard. I’m not going to explain it anymore.
BTW- I prefer Scotch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT