ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

Down to just 21 names on my list...I'm sure there are a decent amount of players we're recruiting that I'm not aware of, but seems like the names are starting to go quickly. I like that Neskovic, Turner, and Becht are still available, but hoping we can find out about some more visits soon.

According to Verbal Commits, there have been 1,826 players who have entered the portal so far - about 615 have commited to a new school, leaving just over 1,200 (around 66%) still available.

I’d hoped to get a quick commit from Becht following his visit. His list of contacts was pretty long, but I haven’t seen anything about additional visits.

Down to just 21 names on my list...I'm sure there are a decent amount of players we're recruiting that I'm not aware of, but seems like the names are starting to go quickly. I like that Neskovic, Turner, and Becht are still available, but hoping we can find out about some more visits soon.

According to Verbal Commits, there have been 1,826 players who have entered the portal so far - about 615 have commited to a new school, leaving just over 1,200 (around 66%) still available.
we're going to have to reach out to our 2nd group of 65 soon!

Jordan Nesbitt from Hampton. Spent 1 year at Memphis, 1 year at SLU, and the last 2 with the Pirates.

Last edited:
ted-lasso-afc-richmond.jpg

Here's some reckless speculation for you while we wait for some updates. I noticed Gipe has recently followed two transfers on Twitter, in addition to others who we know have visited/we've expressed interest in. Those players are:
  • Malachi Brown, 6'1 G, Seton Hall transfer. Only played in 18 games, averaging 4.2 MPG. Should have 3 years left.
  • Ricardo Wright, 6'4, G, SMU transfer. Averaged 6.7 PPG in 14.6 MPG off the bench for SMU this year. Began his career at Marist, where he put up solid numbers for two years. 1 year left.

I can assume we've at least been in contact with these guys in some way, but nothing more than that for now. Won't add them to my list unless I see info otherwise, but some names to monitor.

Now I'm really down the rabbit hole. Checked McGonigal's recent following and found a few more names there:

• Jarred Hyder, 6'3 G, Cal Poly transfer. Averaged 10 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 2.7 assists in 21 starts this season. Started way back in 2019-20 at Fresno State, then 3 years at Cal (free COVID year and medical redshirt), and this past year at Cal Poly, so must have 1 year left.
  • Ty Johnson, 6'3 G, UC Davis transfer. Averaged 17.8 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 3.3 assists this year. Spent his freshman year at Loyola-Chicago before spending the last 2 at UC Davis, so has 1 year left.
  • Julius Rollins, 6'7 G/F, Kent State transfer. Averaged 3.7 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 0.3 assits in 13.6 MPG off the bench this year. 2 years left.
  • Phillip Russell, 5'10 G, UT Arlington transfer. Averaged 14.9 points, 1.9 rebounds, and 4.4 assists in 22 games for UT Arlington (had to sit at the beginning of the season due to the multi-time transfer ruling). Walked on at SLU as a Freshman at SLU in 2020-2021, spent 2 years at SE Missouri and one year in Arlington. 1 year left.

Looks like my guy Duke Miles is set to visit Auburn and I saw a brief mention that possibly NCSU was possibly interested. Obvs does not look good for Richmond with no mention and rumblings of big schools in the mix.

Now I'm really down the rabbit hole. Checked McGonigal's recent following and found a few more names there:

• Jarred Hyder, 6'3 G, Cal Poly transfer. Averaged 10 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 2.7 assists in 21 starts this season. Started way back in 2019-20 at Fresno State, then 3 years at Cal (free COVID year and medical redshirt), and this past year at Cal Poly, so must have 1 year left.
  • Ty Johnson, 6'3 G, UC Davis transfer. Averaged 17.8 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 3.3 assists this year. Spent his freshman year at Loyola-Chicago before spending the last 2 at UC Davis, so has 1 year left.
  • Julius Rollins, 6'7 G/F, Kent State transfer. Averaged 3.7 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 0.3 assits in 13.6 MPG off the bench this year. 2 years left.
  • Phillip Russell, 5'10 G, UT Arlington transfer. Averaged 14.9 points, 1.9 rebounds, and 4.4 assists in 22 games for UT Arlington (had to sit at the beginning of the season due to the multi-time transfer ruling). Walked on at SLU as a Freshman at SLU in 2020-2021, spent 2 years at SE Missouri and one year in Arlington. 1 year left.
gotta put you on the staff, MD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT