ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
Kenpom has them at 63rd and beating us by 6 and NET has them at 77th. They are better than what their record indicates. As a matter of fact they have won for of their last 5 only losing by 2 to #24 Penn State. In order to win we need to shut down their 2 guards and and force turnover by pressing more than normal. They have been prone to turnovers. Hopefully Gilly has a field day.

BTW, Gilly needs 3 steels to be tied for second place all-time as a Spider and 7 to be tied for 1st. Not bad less than half way through junior year.

Last edited:
Kenpom has them at 63rd and beating us by 6 and NET has them at 77th. They are better than what their record indicates. In order to win we need to shut down their 2 guards and and force turnover by pressing more than normal. They have been prone to turnovers. Hopefully Gilly has a field day.

BTW, Gilly needs 3 steels to be tied for second place all-time as a Spider and 7 to be tied for 1st. Not bad less than half way through junior year.
If we play like we played the last two games, we will lose by 15+. Play the way we did against Wisconsin (which incidentally beat Tennessee by 20 today!) and we will win.

Our guys still feel the sting of the Radford loss. I think our guards come out ready to play. The Spiders have the best chance, if Gilyard scores more than 14.

Reactions: UR80sfan
Some bad easy misses and stupid turnovers so far, plus Bama got hot from three, but we're only down four somehow. I will take it.

Aren't we suppose to be a 3 point shooting team? We suck the last 3 games
things back to normal, 3 straight bad games against mediocre teams

Reactions: coach fezz
fortunate to be down only 4 pts at half, gave up way to many 2nd chance points. Where has Nick gone?

Aren't we suppose to be a 3 point shooting team? We suck the last 3 games
things back to normal, 3 straight bad games against mediocre teams
Our munchkin guards once again having difficulty with big guards.

This team has not folded. They will not give up.

Bama's Shackelford will not be as hot on threes second half and Gilyard will continue after that unconscious nothing but net three as shot clock was winding down..............and maybe announcers will try again to call Gustavson by his name - after butchering pronunciation went to Richmond defender or Richmond player in order not to pronounce his name.................

I have a great idea: Let's allow them to shoot as many uncontested threes as they want and then not try to rebound any of those misses.

looks to me as though we are not playing the pass but chancing the ball

It's time to start squeezing them. Mooney needs to turn up the pressure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT