ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

Amazing coincidence at least that VT is in your name when u joined Rivals to only post on the VT board until u switched over to Spiders board for whatever reason. All evidence shows me as true Spider lifer. Your evidence is Mooney lifer. Yet I’m the vcu fan lol. Brook is right the irony is rich.
Creepy.

• Haha
Reactions: GKiller
it was Athlon, I believe. and we were originally on rivals before making that switch to Athlon. I think SpiderFan coordinated the move from initial rivals board to Athlon back then?

Anyone know or recall what the board before this one was called or hosted on?

I know my memory is not the best, but I feel like I am the longest tenured member of this fine institution. But I am probably wrong. An that is an accomplishment. It may not seem like much, but I would take it and wear it as a badge.
I didn't even know we had a board till I joined. I was on an A-10 board before this one.

Reactions: spider23

I know my memory is not the best, but I feel like I am the longest tenured member of this fine institution. But I am probably wrong. An that is an accomplishment. It may not seem like much, but I would take it and wear it as a badge.
I just vaguely remember the forum being our school colors and pure hatred of David West.

u make my all timer list spider23 but I don't think you quite make the longevity list. were you on the original rivals board? I was. Definitely late 90s Beilein era. 98 or 99 I believe. It ran into problems went down and we moved to this Atlantic 10 Community everyone.net board for a few years. Pretty primitive but got the job done. Think Brook means that not Athlon.

I was giantkiller on original Rivals, couldn't get it back when I had to reregister. That hurt. So everyone's join date would not reflect original Rivals but the next gen one.

I only remember our humble leader URFan1, the venerable spiderman, and SpiderFan from that era. But could be missing some. When I came across the board randomly back then it was a pleasant shock.

The passage of time has lost some great board members that were on that original Rivals board too such as WebSpinner, TAGspider, and Tarrantula. And others. All greatly missed.

I just vaguely remember the forum being our school colors and pure hatred of David West.

some unlicensed spider gear was actually sold off the board to help w funding. I bought a West is Soft mug. Still have that bad boy.

Not from board, but maybe my favorite Spiders hat was designed by a friend thru an unlicensed shop. Because it was just the Spiders logo. Kind of like players can wear. But no fan can buy, because the logo can't be on apparrel by itself. Has to be with the name Richmond or UR. Due to the Spyder or Marvel copyright suit, 1 of them can't remember. Hope we never used that lawyer again.

Reactions: urfan1
some unlicensed spider gear was actually sold off the board to help w funding. I bought a West is Soft mug. Still have that bad boy.

Not from board, but maybe my favorite Spiders hat was designed by a friend thru an unlicensed shop. Because it was just the Spiders logo. Kind of like players can wear. But no fan can buy, because the logo can't be on apparrel by itself. Has to be with the name Richmond or UR. Due to the Spyder or Marvel copyright suit, 1 of them can't remember. Hope we never used that lawyer again.
I may have that hat with just the logo. I’m sure I got it before the suit.

And no mention of the CAAZone?

Spider hats with just the Spider logo are worth their weight in gold these days...

I was on that old board too, probably in the '95-'96 era. Can't recall what it was called. 23andMe.com?

• Haha
Reactions: spider23

Spyder

Reactions: GKiller
We were Spiderfans on old Rivals, then NCAA dictated we remove fans, so went to SpiderNation, still with Rivals. Prior we were with an independent server (Spiderfans) controlled by a guy from UMass, many shutdowns (inadequate server space I think) lead to move to the old Rivals. That was run by bunch from Nashville. big Vandy and SEC fans. They sold out to current Rivals group.

I was definitely on the everyone.net board, but can't remember if I was on old Rivals. If the transition from Rivals to everyone.net happened prior to late 2000, I probably wouldn't have been.

Hmmm. I seem to remember an Athlon board. Gkiller remembers board during Beilein era. Hmmm. This memory thing is killing me :)
Spider hats with just the Spider logo are worth their weight in gold these days...

I was on that old board too, probably in the '95-'96 era. Can't recall what it was called. 23andMe.com?
I think it was 8leggerandme.com , as a bonus feature if you sent in some matter from your favorite pet Spider you could find out its origin.

We were Spiderfans on old Rivals, then NCAA dictated we remove fans, so went to SpiderNation, still with Rivals. Prior we were with an independent server (Spiderfans) controlled by a guy from UMass, many shutdowns (inadequate server space I think) lead to move to the old Rivals. That was run by bunch from Nashville. big Vandy and SEC fans. They sold out to current Rivals group.
Are you guys talking about only basketball or football as well?

It would be fun to be able to go back and see what people were saying on the boards through different eras. Some epic game threads I bet.

Back in end of JB & Ole Jer era I was local & had season tix. Guy I sat near and talked with occasionally at games asked me if I was GK from the boards. Because I was saying the exact same things at the game that I was posting! My guess is likely too loudly wondering why Ole Jer wasn't playing Jermaine Bucknor enough. Such a good call I was like yep that's me and we were buds thereafter. Great dude won't say who but he's around here every once in a while.

u make my all timer list spider23 but I don't think you quite make the longevity list. were you on the original rivals board? I was. Definitely late 90s Beilein era. 98 or 99 I believe. It ran into problems went down and we moved to this Atlantic 10 Community everyone.net board for a few years. Pretty primitive but got the job done. Think Brook means that not Athlon.

I was giantkiller on original Rivals, couldn't get it back when I had to reregister. That hurt. So everyone's join date would not reflect original Rivals but the next gen one.

I only remember our humble leader URFan1, the venerable spiderman, and SpiderFan from that era. But could be missing some. When I came across the board randomly back then it was a pleasant shock.

The passage of time has lost some great board members that were on that original Rivals board too such as WebSpinner, TAGspider, and Tarrantula. And others. All greatly missed.
Is WebSpinner no longer with us?

Have not seen him in some time, stayed on some after move to Texas.

I forgot Voy.com

And CAAHoops.com
the voy dot com was what hosted the old A10 league site. It was very active back when we joined the A10 with terrific Xavier/Dayton back and forth, and had tons of threads daily with lots of active users from across the various teams. They loved UR when we first arrived bc the A10 at that time had both east and a west divisions with discussions on which was best and UR, which was in the west, went unbeaten vs the east that first year IIRC.

Over the years, those dwindled to the point that I stopped going to the A10 general board (it had moved to a different server after awhile too - and I'm pretty sure one of those boards infected a computer I had with a virus.)

I'll wait on SpiderFan on what type of board we moved to from first Rivals, I really thought it was Athlon but who knows.

West is soft.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Is WebSpinner no longer with us?

Sorry wasn't specifically health related, I meant not with us on the board any longer for whatever reason. I do not know WebSpinner's status and pray his health is ok. spider fan may know. The other two did pass away. RIP. Tho don't confuse with SpiderTAG who is alive and well just no longer posting. Think I last saw that TAG at Boardwalk Hall on the little outdoor smoking/drinking deck they let u go to at halftime overlooking the AC boardwalk. AC is dumpy but was a blast.

But remember I'm really a VCU fan per VT4700 so everything I've said might all be clandestine or simply fake.

I do remember that. And West was a major the topic of our anger because he was good, but a bully on the court.

Reactions: urfan1
Sorry wasn't specifically health related, I meant not with us on the board any longer for whatever reason. I do not know WebSpinner's status and pray his health is ok. spider fan may know. The other two did pass away. RIP. Tho don't confuse with SpiderTAG who is alive and well just no longer posting. Think I last saw that TAG at Boardwalk Hall on the little outdoor smoking/drinking deck they let u go to at halftime overlooking the AC boardwalk. AC is dumpy but was a blast.

But remember I'm really a VCU fan per VT4700 so everything I've said might all be clandestine or simply fake.
Now you have me looking up usernames we don’t see often anymore…

And anyone remember Mr Roger’s aka Keefusb?

Now you have me looking up usernames we don’t see often anymore…

And anyone remember Mr Roger’s aka Keefusb?
Looks like his last post was to question the billboard in 2020.

Patriot Bill callback in that linked thread...classic. George Evans is like 50 years old, probably still trying to get in on a COVID year with the GooMoos.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
DaRon Holmes is indeed staying in the draft.

Edit: Welp, he deleted his Instagram post.

Last edited:
Looks like they're planning to shorten the transfer window to 30 days next year and it wouldn't start until after the first weekend of the dance.

Looks like they're planning to shorten the transfer window to 30 days next year and it wouldn't start until after the first weekend of the dance.
just in time for the slowdown in transfers.

if any of you are lucky enough, it would be an amazing time to be a parent of a rising high school senior basketball player this year!

the players who came in as freshmen in the fall of 2021 will be seniors. a high percentage of kids who came in as freshmen in the fall of 2020 are getting their covid grad year this year. so we've never had as many kids in their last year of eligibility. all of those spots have to be filled. college kids transferring for NIL money is a zero sum game.

more scholarships will go to high school seniors than ever before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT