ADVERTISEMENT

2021–22 NET Rankings

Ok How many teams have made it as an at large with a 50+ NET ranking. Not many I would assume. NET is a very flawed system… more flawed than RpI IMO. Now with NET when a teams ranking is skewed it has a double effect in the quad system and that goes both ways.
I can't tell if you are trying to troll me, or if you actually believe this.

Reactions: Zeeter and plydogg
If we beat NC State by 40, we might crack the top-100...

Also, only vcu could go on the road and beat the #237 team and move up SIX FREAKING SPOTS in the NET last night to 75. I swear to God.

• Angry
Reactions: 8legs1dream
If we beat NC State by 40, we might crack the top-100...

Also, only vcu could go on the road and beat the #237 team and move up SIX FREAKING SPOTS in the NET last night to 75. I swear to God.
That would require a complete game, and Mooney is incapable of playing at a high level for 40 minutes. Wins are Wins, and I'm glad for the win yesterday, but they have to play with intensity for more than 20-25 minutes a game. They might have gotten away with it in this game, but that might not play in conference play.

Spiders still sitting at 102 today. NC State moved up 8 spots to 132 in losing to Purdue in OT. Maryland jumped 20 spots to 137 by knocking off Florida. Both will need to move into the top 100 before they become Q2 games for us since they are neutral court contests.

Not really much quad movement over the week since they started publishing the rankings. Utah State and Mississippi State are bouncing back and forth a bit on the Q1/Q2 line. UNI has been sitting just below the Q3/Q4 line all week, as they haven't played a game.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
It's depressing looking at that 102 number. Just doesn't seem high enough? And seeing 7th in the A10? NCST and Maryland are at best middle of the pack conference teams. Hopefully Kenpom's numbers of what will be are more accurate presently. A loss against NCST and don't see any way an at-large bid is coming unless 1st place A10 regular season.

It's depressing looking at that 102 number. Just doesn't seem high enough? And seeing 7th in the A10? NCST and Maryland are at best middle of the pack conference teams. Hopefully Kenpom's numbers of what will be are more accurate presently. A loss against NCST and don't see any way an at-large bid is coming unless 1st place A10 regular season.
Agreed, We are toast for an at large if we lose anymore OOC games. Yeah, it wouldn't be zero because we could pull off some 15-3 or 16-2 in conference record, but why would anyone think we could do that when we have shown that we are basically a .500 ball club OOC.

Well, at least we can really skyrocket up the rankings when we beat ACC power NC State, which is ranked *checks notes* ... 132nd.

• Haha
Completely agree. Spiders could go undefeated from hear on out and be out of the Top 50. Obviously there must be a starting ranking for each team to be able to have comparisons right off the bat. Anyone know how that is determined?

There is no preseason data included. They use the first month's worth of results to get enough data to start ranking the teams.

Reactions: plydogg
Yeah, he has for a while now, just a day or two after you noted they were at 0.1%. I wasn't going to say anything. :)

Mooney has us exactly where he expected us to be. Don't worry, we have at least another 50 or 60 games this season to work out the kinks.

Right?

Yeah, he has for a while now, just a day or two after you noted they were at 0.1%. I wasn't going to say anything. :)

say anything John Cusack.

But hey if we beat NC State we'll be right back up to .1%. Maybe even .2%

Completely agree. Spiders could go undefeated from hear on out and be out of the Top 50. Obviously there must be a starting ranking for each team to be able to have comparisons right off the bat. Anyone know how that is determined?
We would definitely be in the top 50 if we went undefeated the rest of the season. Probably in the 20s.

Spiders slowly climbing…moved up five spots to 94 overnight. Maybe we should keep not playing games.

Utah State’s win over Weber jumped them 15 spots to 32, so yay for really good losses on the rèsumè?

NC State has drifted up to 128 over the past few days.

Opponent NET Rankings:

#42 Utah State
#47 Mississippi State
#48 Davidson
#69 Saint Louis
#76 VCU
#82 St. Bonaventure
#87 Rhode Island
#96 Dayton
#100 Wofford
#101 Toledo
#106 Drake