ADVERTISEMENT

It is time for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only verification seems to be the URL address or an email address...my wife signed on at my daughter's house because when she tried at our house it kept going to my already having signed on. That would eliminate signing multiple times from the same URL. So guess someone could try signing the petition as Chris Mooney to find out if there is any verification.
Are we saying they need voter ID? 😊

• Haha
Reactions: spider fan
Yeah, there's no verification. And you could sign as many times as you want if you clear cookies or use private/incognito mode.

It's part of why I argued personal emails carry much more weight than petitions. They're low-effort and easily gamed.
Figured you would know any verification details - didn't cross my mind to clear cookies. Petition can't hurt but agree about personal emails. So now that you know how to "game" the system get the signings on the petition to a high number(Just kidding on that one!)

Same thing I thought - also had heard he was not a Mooney fan but didn't think your post meant he had signed the petition.

Reactions: Eight Legger
wait can the general public see who signed, or only the creator? I tried to look and could not see who liked it

Been going to games since the RC opened, season tickets since the Goetz era, even had season tix as a student so could have better seat. Remember when the first banners were hung, the ones that said;
"VCU, the Kmart of higher education" (readily acknowledge that Trani did a great job of elevating VCU academics and improving the overall profile of the school). Now UR bball program is VCU's doormat.
Will always root for the school, the players, the program....but apathy has set it. Without a change at the top, my financial support of the program comes to an end now. Sure, I am certainly not the biggest donor or the most connected. But I have been loyal, been present.
As for football, I have been similarly disappointed but Russ' hole isn't quite as deep. He has 2 seasons to win my continued support.
So, Bob and Matt, get busy finding replacement fans like me.

Been going to games since the RC opened, season tickets since the Goetz era, even had season tix as a student so could have better seat. Remember when the first banners were hung, the ones that said;
"VCU, the Kmart of higher education" (readily acknowledge that Trani did a great job of elevating VCU academics and improving the overall profile of the school). Now UR bball program is VCU's doormat.
Will always root for the school, the players, the program....but apathy has set it. Without a change at the top, my financial support of the program comes to an end now. Sure, I am certainly not the biggest donor or the most connected. But I have been loyal, been present.
As for football, I have been similarly disappointed but Russ' hole isn't quite as deep. He has 2 seasons to win my continued support.
Russ’ hole is pretty deep.

Reactions: SpiderGuy
I’ve lived this pain for over a decade. I don’t know how you do it, sir. Let’s hope change is on the horizon.

At least Russ made what I think is a great hire in Cosh. Durden was comfortable for RH, yet he still made the change. Too late, but he made it. When had CM ever made an uncomfortable decision? It goes back to no accountability in the program. It's a soft mentality that shows on the court.

I still do not understand why Mooney is still here. On the surface, I can appreciate being different from all the other schools that give a coach only a handful of years to get it done and fire him only to rinse and repeat over and over. But we are talking 17 years here. Opportunity after opportunity to build the program into one that consistently challenges for and makes the NCAA tournament. Personally I saw once every recruit cycle (4 years) is the bare minimum.

Then regarding the football team and Huesman, I like that the change was made that seemed to me to be needed in a painfully obvious way for a few years. But at this point, if it's me, we are on a put up or shut up year. Playoffs or bust.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Huesman was clearly frustrated with the strategy and execution on offense, I don’t think that was an uncomfortable decision at all for him to make with the noteworthy consideration that they’re long timers.

Huesman was clearly frustrated with the strategy and execution on offense, I don’t think that was an uncomfortable decision at all for him to make with the noteworthy consideration that they’re long timers.
I know a few changes happened in football. But you still have Huesman.

Question - Maybe someone addressed this elsewhere, but did Russ change OC on his own, or was he given ultimatum?

As I alluded to in another thread, remember Hardt kept his cards close to his chest when he let Shaffer go
and hired Roussell. I certainly think he’s been a good hire.

Started following college basketball in 1977-1978 season.
Listened to UR on the radio the next season from about a mile from campus.
First game in person was 1982 NIT. Born same month as Johnny Newman...
Cool! Did they have TVs in 1978? Just kidding.
I’d love future teams to play like the 2011 team that made a run to the sweet16. I’m sure you’ve seen some others that you’d like to emulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT