ADVERTISEMENT

We still have a chance, the FCS "PLAYOFFS"

Mar 27, 2004
You may agree or diagree that we should be in the playoffs.The winner of Saturdays game will go. Lets focus on winning this game and see what happens. Last year we were out early, at least we are still in the hunt. Go Spiders

If we win that game we deserve to go. Since expanding to 24 teams we should be close with a win.

This guy has us in playing Indiana State.

There's no bubble team with a win as good as ours over Villanova. We don't have any horrible losses. Maine will finish 4-4 in the CAA, which is not bad. I think a win and we are pretty solidly in. We just need to make it happen.

FCS bracket prediction

so far, we have shown no propensity to go out and win a game the past few weeks when we had every reason in the world to do so. will be pulling, praying, hoping but am leaning towards these guys are done. not trying to be negative but just looking at what we have done lately.

W&M has offensive issues. We need to focus on shutting down their running back and when they do throw, bring pressure. We need a fast start to get our confidence back and NO TURNOVERS. If we get down early, look out. I am trying to convince myself we can rebound after last week's debacle. I have my doubts, but we certainly have a lot to play for. I hope we show up, play our game, and get in the playoffs where anything is possible.

The most common prediction if we win and NC A&T wins is that MEAC team traveling to The Brickhouse before the winner travels to Myrtle Beach to face Coastal Carolina.

I would definitely take that.

All of this playoff talk is sort of like how a child feels on Christmas eve. Anything is possible . But we must remember Saturday night in Williamsburg is where the rubber meets the road. Beat William & Mary and we can all make our Christmas wish lists. Lose , and it's like finding out Santa Claus is just mommy and daddy. I don't recommend spending too much time trying to figure out playoff teams until after Saturday night. Go Spiders !!

Originally posted by urmite:
The most common prediction if we win and NC A&T wins is that MEAC team traveling to The Brickhouse before the winner travels to Myrtle Beach to face Coastal Carolina.

That's a pretty good draw right there

That guy is out to lunch. He has SFA and Idaho St. in and even if they win this week Idaho St. will have only six D-I wins, and SFA only seven. If Montana loses to Mont. St. they will also only have six D-I wins. He also has five of the eight first round games involving flights, which is unnecessary. I think most probable is UR/WM winner hosting NC A&T.

W&M has offensive line issues. By late in the 3rd quarter at Towson we were missing all five starters. Don't know if there's a chance for any to back this week. Never heard of that in all my years around football.

Fsandy, I always consider your posts to be accurate, but I think you're just trying to make us overconfident. That will never happen of course because we're all down in the dumps right now.

Nice try though.......

Sandy, we're staying in the Burg on Saturday Night. Perhaps there will be an opportunity for Koombayah at Paul's after our teams tie and both teams miss the playoffs?

There is no chance for the playoffs as the level of the losing margin the last two games, pretty much cooked our goose. It won't be even exciting to win the capitol cup again. This has been a disappointing November to what started off as a promising year. After 22 seniors leave how long will take to get to the playoffs?

am disappointed in our playoff run, we laid an egg but if we beat the indians and have a winning season, can make it though the winter, spring and summer with a smile, not as big as a playoff smile but a smile.

That, and come by the QB Club tailgate lot and we'll Kumbayah there! Haven't done the math, but is the family trophy coming down to points?

Both. 24 teams make it. Basically all the autobids minus one or two are already ranked, which means just about all the ranked teams will make it in. Not because they are ranked, but because those are pretty much the top teams. If the winner of this game doesn't make it, who will?

Eight, am a lot older than you, that sucks, but, never count on anything, even sure bets, sure things. remember the egg on our faces sitting on campus two years ago to see who and where we would be playing.....
flush.r191677.gif

Sandy, think JMU cousin Meredith gets to take the trophy to Texas unless UD gets the unlikely upset of Nova.

Originally posted by urmite:

Just realized who their coach is. Hope this comes true, so I can post "Rod Broadway coming to UR!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT