ADVERTISEMENT

Wake game thoughts

Offense/defense substitution becomes tricky now that bench cannot call timeout except in dead-ball situations.

If our coaching staff realizes that, it could make this season more interesting.

And before anybody takes that as a shot, I am sure they do and are planning accordingly.

just like rebounding, a consistent complaint for years with nothing changing. this is up to the individual to work not just physically but also mentally if improvement is expected.

Not a Homer mentioned (9:14 AM) that he did not believe that time in the gym (and extra practice) would correct the 40% FT shooting by our senior duo. If I am not mistaken, didn't Terry Allen make a significant improvement in his FT shooting, from roughly 60% to about 75%, last season? If Terry can do it, why can't DT and TD? It could have just happened by accident, but my guess is that he either got instruction, took lots of extra practice FTs, or both. I believe that our two guys could at least move from 40% to 60%, via practice that WOULD likely increase their confidence.

Not a Homer mentioned (9:14 AM) that he did not believe that time in the gym (and extra practice) would correct the 40% FT shooting by our senior duo. If I am not mistaken, didn't Terry Allen make a significant improvement in his FT shooting, from roughly 60% to about 75%, last season? If Terry can do it, why can't DT and TD? It could have just happened by accident, but my guess is that he either got instruction, took lots of extra practice FTs, or both. I believe that our two guys could at least move from 40% to 60%, via practice that WOULD likely increase their confidence.
Of course someone SHOULD be able to improve their percentage with practice. But, the point was that good free throw shooters can shoot over 40% with their eyes closed. Most 5th graders shoot better than 40%. Time in the gym is not the primary issue for these two.

My dog shoots 60% with his eyes closed!! :). I got there very early tonight and DT was shooting FT's 90 minutes before the game and went 12 for 15. Nice back spin and just nicking the back rim almost every time. He was the only one that practiced free throws!!

Wake up 5 at the half on Indiana. I'm sure they'll implode second half. they shot the lights out but gave up 10 extra points at the free throw line.

Don't look now, but wake just pulled it out. great win for wake. Really proves why going into their place and winning was huge for us

Wake Forest beats #13 Indiana University 82-78. Our win against Wake just meant a little bit more. They play a ranked Vanderbilt tomorrow.

Go Deacs -- I felt they have talent, glad we got them early

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT