ADVERTISEMENT

VCU's NEW COACH

All you've lost thus far is 3 top 100 players. Yup, no big deal.

I have not gotten an update on the legal situation but will report when I do. Terry was not the player in question, so it's possible more great news could befall the Lambs.

Guess Hoosfan05 will have to go back to the UVA bandwagon. The sheep bandwagon crashed and burned.

The idea that VCU returns more talent than UR next year is laughable.

+1. They are still living a bit in their Shaka warped reality. You would think that after these repeated body blows some of them would begin to see the light of day, but many are still toting the company line and whatever hyperbole flies out of their sports marketing offices.

UR is in great shape entering next year and should be widely considered to be a contender for the A 10 crown. VCU is down but not out. They will be a tough opponent no matter what. They have a rabid fan base and good players and that has not changed, nor made it easier to beat them in the Seagell Center.

Reactions: SpiderK
That's enough for Wade to just take over the payments at Shaka's old house on Park Ave. :)

Last edited:
Details of Ram coach financial deal.Gotta keep them in limelight even though everyone bailing.Positive spin.Easy to see why young guy left Chatty.

There paying him a million bucks a year out of the gate. Shoot, you would have thought given he was making less 200K at Chatty that they could have paid them half that and secured him. After all, he is coming home to the holy grail of basketball. Someone overpaid.

I think VCU will continue playing at a high level but not where they have been last 2 years. They have always won. But why would Big Hair Ed pay the coach from UT-C 1 mil. ? Insane!!!

Nice package of incentives. The one that is really laughable is the $3500 for each televised game. That's just a gift he should share with the A10.

VCU basketball program right now
P1030105.jpg

Reactions: Ulla1 and SpiderK
actually, like this new guy, think he is sharp BUT, would never have paid him over $500,000 to start, he has done nothing yet. smart earned his coin, this guy has not and you cannot tell me that he could not have been pried out of nooga for a whole lot less than a million. plus they could have used the difference in salaries to pay all their athletes even more money. guess it is the perception deal, if they paid him $500,000 they would have looked like a chump change program, which they do anyway. seems silly.....

Agreed. If they wanted to spend $1M a year, they could have landed a lot of more proven talent. If they wanted this guy, no need to break the bank for him.

actually, like this new guy, think he is sharp BUT, would never have paid him over $500,000 to start, he has done nothing yet. smart earned his coin, this guy has not and you cannot tell me that he could not have been pried out of nooga for a whole lot less than a million. plus they could have used the difference in salaries to pay all their athletes even more money. guess it is the perception deal, if they paid him $500,000 they would have looked like a chump change program, which they do anyway. seems silly.....
Spinnner I totally agree. This seems like a classic case of bidding against yourself. What, they were afraid he was going to Florida? Doubt it. Waste of money. He does seem sharp and may very well be worth it - BUT then you are in a bargaining position to double his salary to 1mil. Not mart negotiating by Big Head Ed, especially in light of all of the interest in the job.

I think losing the three 4-star recruits and Larrier (top 50 recruit, and widely recognized as the Lambs top returning talent) has to really hurt, especially when you look at the recent signings who backfilled the lost players. Just think how bad it would be if Wade wasn't able to talk Tillman back off of the ledge.

I agree, the Lamb fans who expect their team to continue to perform next season at the level of the past few years are smoking really good crack.

I think losing the three 4-star recruits and Larrier (top 50 recruit, and widely recognized as the Lambs top returning talent) has to really hurt, especially when you look at the recent signings who backfilled the lost players. Just think how bad it would be if Wade wasn't able to talk Tillman back off of the ledge.

I agree, the Lamb fans who expect their team to continue to perform next season at the level of the past few years are smoking really good crack.
Kee, I had heard that Tillman returned after not getting offers. Look at his profile out of high school. While he was a 3 or 4 star guy, his offers were not from the premier basketball programs. Moreover, vcu is one of the few colleges that do not require SAT scores.

It is the caliber of playing you are losing. Larrier was a Top 50 recruit, your two incoming freshman that are going elsewhere are 4 star recruits. You just don't replace that type of talent with some spring signing period additions. There is a HUGE difference between Doug Brooks, Jordan Burgess, and Jonathan Williams type talent versus Terry Larrier and Kenny Williams type talent

And, your posters came on here just a few weeks ago, and said all of the returning players were solidly in and then "whoops", there goes Larrier.
There is not that big of a difference between Larrier and K. Williams vs. Brooks, J. Williams, etc. For all we know, Larrier may never gain the weight he needs to compete at a higher level, and J. Williams is already showing he can get into the paint at will and finish. Brooks was starting to become our second-best defender behind Weber last season and is a lights-out shooter. K. Williams is showing he'll be a liability on defense and is mostly just another 3-point shooter. I'm hoping for CuJo, Buckingham or both. They're both better than Kenny. And we've picked up a proven scorer (I don't care what league it was in, he's good) in Billbury and Wade is picking up some more. Maybe even Sterling Gibbs. I'm failing to see that HUGE difference you speak of.

There's still the possibility Larrier stays from what I'm hearing (just like Tillman did), so don't rejoice quite yet.

Last edited:
Kee, I had heard that Tillman returned after not getting offers. Look at his profile out of high school. While he was a 3 or 4 star guy, his offers were not from the premier basketball programs. Moreover, vcu is one of the few colleges that do not require SAT scores.
Tillman had over 20 BCS schools contacting him after he asked for release.

Well, it's been fun reading this thread and following the issues the Rams have had with their coaching transition.
I am reminded that college basketball is very fluid and volatile and any team is one diamond-in-the-rough recruit or solid transfer away from being very good and one key injury or academic/personal problem away from being very mediocre. Looking forward to the events of the offseason and seeing who actually suits up next year and how good they are.

Reactions: HoosFan05
There is not that big of a difference between Larrier and K. Williams vs. Brooks, J. Williams, etc.

Go back over to Ramnation and keep telling yourself and your fellow lamb fans that. A few of the more delusional ones may actually believe it. I can guarantee you are not fooling anyone over here. . I'm sure UVA, UNC, and Michigan would be all over Doug Brooks if he decided to leave. Ha.

They sure weren't all over Kenny last year when they were not looking for filler players. Now they are.

There's nothing that can explain paying the boy wonder a million dollars a year.

Was he making 350 at UTC?

it is very simple, he will be great, which means he will be gone in a couple of seasons, he will stink, which means he will be gone in a couple of seasons, he will be average, which means this will be even more fun going forward.

The point that some were making was that Kenny's abilities sure have deteriated quickly.

When he chose VCU over UNC, some VCU posters declared him UNC's top target. Now when he reverses that decision some of those same posters declared him a practice player wherever he signed.

I start to wonder if those posters work for the same recruiting services that give out stars depending on who recruits the player.

Lot of spin everywhere. KW quoted as saying he always dreamed of playing for UNC. So why commit originally to the lambs if he had offer from the tar heels?

Lot of spin everywhere. KW quoted as saying he always dreamed of playing for UNC. So why commit originally to the lambs if he had offer from the tar heels?
Shakaaaaaaa! Texas is now recruiting much better; vcu not very good. Wonder why?

I doubt it's true. If it is, then this sucks. At least your poster was correct about something: that a player was charged. From the article it sounds as if the girl is nuts, was looking to get him in trouble (who ACCIDENTALLY grabs another girl's hair?) and Mo was probably trying to keep the peace. I'm sure nothing will come about this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT