ADVERTISEMENT

VCU's NEW COACH

Our poster was correct about everything. And I'm sure nothing will come of this either: We've seen how VCU "disciplines" its players.

Wow. They might not be at official nuclear meltdown status yet but the reactor is on fire and they sent little Willie Wade in without any protection.

Reactions: wr70beh
Well, good work by 05 on the scoop on this. Incredible it took 2 weeks to get out.

Mo says... ???

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/04/mo-alie-cox-charged/

This seems to be a he said she said situation. Unless they have other witnesses I don't think anything will come of this. You should never punch someone in the face, especially a woman, but the woman in this story sounds like she was antagonizing Mo.

1) She tells Mo "I am not the reason Shaka left" which could be interpreted as implying Mo was the reason Shaka left. That is pretty harsh especially since this was just after Shaka announced leaving.
2) She 'accidentally' pulls the hair of someone Mo is with

I can understand why Mo would be mad, but punching people is not an appropriate response.

I doubt it's true. If it is, then this sucks. At least your poster was correct about something: that a player was charged. From the article it sounds as if the girl is nuts, was looking to get him in trouble (who ACCIDENTALLY grabs another girl's hair?) and Mo was probably trying to keep the peace. I'm sure nothing will come about this.

What was he incorrect about?

The bottom line is that you guys made a huge deal out of ShawnDre's supposed finger on social media, including having an aspiring councilman make statements about it. I certainly hope you aren't looking to sweep potential battery charges under the rug, are you?

It was at a nightclub in Shockoe so the likelihood of other people being around probably is pretty high.

Look, I don't like VCU as much as everyone here (except maybe Ulla) but I hate to young men do this type of stuff. I want to give Mo the benefit of the doubt, I hate to see people make possibly career ending mistakes like this no matter who they are.

He deserved the presumption of innocence, which of course he has, and we will have to see if these charges stick and what the ultimate outcome is. As this appears to have occurred in a public place, it would seem that it would be fairly easy to determine if indeed he punched her in the face or if it was something different than was contained in the criminal charge.

There are other witnesses. It does seem the woman hit or shoved him first, but it's going to be hard for a man his size to justify a closed fist strike on a woman. We'll see if this is how it went down in a few weeks. In any case, that leaves plenty of time to savor this dumpster fire of an offseason for Ram Nation.

Reactions: MolivaManiac
He will get suspended for at least one quarter of one preseason game.

Unfortunate that Mo was involved with something like this. But the narrative of the victim is she accidentally pulled the hair of Mo's friend. Society is not a big place, there'll be plenty of witnesses to either corroborate or deny the victims claims.

Is funny that the posters on this board accused the VCU police of sweeping this under the rug when they have no jurisdiction in that part of the city. Society (or formerly Lucky Buddah) generally has a City of Richmond police officer outside with the bouncer.

Reactions: HoosFan05
He will get suspended for at least one quarter of one preseason game.

And then we will be constantly reminded how much of an impact this had on the team, university, fan base and how the player has grown so much. Probably so much that by Feb. VCU will have a free dreadlock giveaway to all fans. Kind of like Weber's headband.

Reactions: SpiderK
Interesting you should say that...

I'm aware of one of your players that allegedly assulted a female 22 days ago. Was reported to VCU's PD and has been swept under the rug thus far. Girl got tired of the inaction, so pressed charges with RPD on Wednesday.
Should be really interesting if the vcu police department knew about this for several weeks and did nothing. Sounds like a cover up.

Unfortunate that Mo was involved with something like this. But the narrative of the victim is she accidentally pulled the hair of Mo's friend. Society is not a big place, there'll be plenty of witnesses to either corroborate or deny the victims claims.

Is funny that the posters on this board accused the VCU police of sweeping this under the rug when they have no jurisdiction in that part of the city. Society (or formerly Lucky Buddah) generally has a City of Richmond police officer outside with the bouncer.

What trumps anything our regular posters say about any subject is your complete and utter fascination/obsession with posting on this board.

It's not just VCU but don't an unusual number of college athletes that major in Criminal Justice end up focusing on the Criminal part forgetting about the Justice end?

What trumps anything our regular posters say about any subject is your complete and utter fascination/obsession with posting on this board.
Do you see me posting on any non-VCU threads? No. I was here when one of your posters said that someone on our team was going to be charged - I'm here after the story comes out.

The moderators are free to block my membership to this board.

I doubt it's true. If it is, then this sucks. At least your poster was correct about something: that a player was charged. From the article it sounds as if the girl is nuts, was looking to get him in trouble (who ACCIDENTALLY grabs another girl's hair?) and Mo was probably trying to keep the peace. I'm sure nothing will come about this.

you doubt it's true? why? just wondering. maybe you know one of them well and have good reason. but if a UR athlete was charged, my 1st thought wouldn't be to blame the victim.

presumption of innocence means the court has to assume innocence until proven otherwise. it doesn't mean the publilc has to presume innocence.

you doubt it's true? why? just wondering. maybe you know one of them well and have good reason. but if a UR athlete was charged, my 1st thought wouldn't be to blame the victim.

presumption of innocence means the court has to assume innocence until proven otherwise. it doesn't mean the publilc has to presume innocence.
The court will determine what happened, and who's at fault.

I suspected something much worse after what was posted here, especially the "VCU PD cover up". The victims stories are generally one sided and pretty damning against any offender, this one isn't.

The court will determine what happened, and who's at fault.

I suspected something much worse after what was posted here, especially the "VCU PD cover up". The victims stories are generally one sided and pretty damning against any offender, this one isn't.

Who's at fault? Meaning if he was justified to punch a woman in the face? lol.

Do you see me posting on any non-VCU threads? No. I was here when one of your posters said that someone on our team was going to be charged - I'm here after the story comes out.

The moderators are free to block my membership to this board.

It is a free country and your ability to post on this board is free. You made my point as you said above I'm here after the story comes out. Whatever posters post on the VCU board makes no difference to me. My reference was to how closely you follow this board so if the name of your "wonderful" school is mentioned you have the need to respond. Certainly easy to understand why there are those like yourself who want to read and hear what Spider and Spider fans are talking about. Having said that I do trust your day is going well.

It is a free country and your ability to post on this board is free. You made my point as you said above I'm here after the story comes out. Whatever posters post on the VCU board makes no difference to me. My reference was to how closely you follow this board so if the name of your "wonderful" school is mentioned you have the need to respond. Certainly easy to understand why there are those like yourself who want to read and hear what Spider and Spider fans are talking about. Having said that I do trust your day is going well.

I'm here afterwards, because I got word about this possible story from this board in the first place. I'm sure if I didn't post, there'd be posters asking why all the VCU people "left".

Interesting that on the VCU board, the Mo Allie assault page gets redirected to another thread. I'm sure the site just has a bug that needs worked out. ;)

I would have to ask Ulla, but this maybe the first foul called on Cox for two years in the city of Richmond.

Of course I don't know the facts, but 1) if she reported this to the vcu police, I doubt they have jurisdiction, they should have told her to go to the Richmond Police. 2) If the "victim" was in a fight with another woman (friend of MOC) and he came to her defense, depending on the severity, he may have a defense of defense of others. In short he may get lucky and dodge a bullet. Usually not good for a man to hit a woman with a closed fist.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I can't see how you could slug anyone in the face who hadn't done something equivalent and not have it be considered assault.

Regards,

Matlock

Whose shoes would you rather be in now? Is UR or is VCU currently the stronger program?

There have certainly been some very negative things happening to VCU's program, which all started when Shaka left. Before hsi departure I would have said that VCU's program was "stronger" in terms of likely future W/L record. Right now, I would definitely not trade places with VCU, and our program is looking like it is on much more solid footing for next year (and perhaps a few more beyond that).

Would any or our fans, especially ones who were recently calling for a coahing change for UR, really rather have VCU's coach, right now? I believe it is time to feel very grateful that we are UR fans and NOT VCU fans...

There has never been a time when I was not grateful I am a UR grad and fan rather than a VCU fan.

There has never been a time when I was not grateful I am a UR grad and fan rather than a VCU fan.
8legs, I agree. In fact, I would be proud to be a Spider if our basketball team never won a game.

Reactions: keefusb
According to Lambnation, there were a bunch of bad things that happened before Shaka left as well as the ones after he left:

1.) Antraveos Simmonds leaving.
2.) Treveon Graham's ankle injury
3.) Weber's knee injury
4.) Losing to us the first time
5.) End of season tail spin.
6.) Losing to us the second time
7.) One-and-done in the NCAA's
8.) Shaka leaves
9.) All recruits released from LOI
10.) Larrier asks for release
11.) Cox hitting the girl in her face

The dumpster fire was smoldering well before Squidward left Broad Street.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
Eastern Illinois grad transfer Chris Olivier tells ESPN he plans on visiting Iowa State. Minnesota, VCU, Fresno State have also reached out.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Seton Hall transfer Sterling Gibbs told @CBSSports he has cut his list to Pitt, Ohio State, UConn, Baylor, NC State, and VCU.

Stanford Robinson to VCU announcement next week. Possibly Sterling Gibbs, too.

Thank goodness you guys took him, I was hoping our coaching staff wouldn't make that mistake. Now they can't. He not only had trouble on the court (he can't score), but he has had some trouble off the court as well:

"Robinson was also involved in off-the-court problems. He was cited after being caught by state excise police, trying to use a fake ID to enter a Bloomington bar in April, and he was suspended for both of Indiana's exhibition games, and its first two regular-season games, because of a failed drug test in the offseason."

A perfect fit for vcu: dishonest, criminal, rough and lacking discipline. Hey, not much has changed at the commuter school. Go get'em Little Willie!

So why didn't ShawnDre Middle Finger Jones come to VCU?

I didn't realize using the middle finger in private correspondence was equivalent to getting arrested.

Fun fact: SDJ shot 38% from 3 last year, Robinson shot 0% (0-10) from 3 and 37% (33-90) from 2!

Too effing funny. The genius vcu fan that has a uva handle is gloating about a player that has no discernable basketball skills and a rap sheet to boot. So this would make 3 out of 4 players he has recruited that have been suspended last year. Slick Willy.

Too effing funny. The genius vcu fan that has a uva handle is gloating about a player that has no discernable basketball skills and a rap sheet to boot. So this would make 3 out of 4 players he has recruited that have been suspended last year. Slick Willy.
http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/03/31/thats-a-wrap-stanford-robinson-2/
His season got off to a rocky start, via a suspension and struggles with a change in shooting hand, and ultimately he gave up on the shooting experiment entirely.
He'll have a year to get that fixed. And if you think he has "no discern-able basketball skills" then you have no basketball knowledge.

Last edited:
Also, if you had any clue, you would be touting the fact that Mamadou Diarra cut his list to VCU and Uconn. Very interesting that your NYC coach was able to get involved at the very last minute with this kid.
I'll be doing that next week. And yeah, something you Richmond fans wouldn't understand is some universities actually have good recruiters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT