ADVERTISEMENT

VCU's NEW COACH

Hmmm, I don't know. I thought the intelligent UR fans might get the idea that I made the name when I was just a UVA back in 2005, hence the 05.

You're kidding? I thought you are a fifth year Hoops Fan but misspelled Hoops. Like the other troll Goopher, who misspelled Gopher. I noticed spelling is a little challenging to most RPI fans, just saying. Hoos grad that roots for RPI, and posts on Spidernation? You may be better off telling everyone you are a poor speller.

Reactions: wr70beh and SpiderK
how this thread has deteriorated tells me why i did not want this gang in our league, just obnoxious

You're kidding? I thought you are a fifth year Hoops Fan but misspelled Hoops. Like the other troll Goopher, who misspelled Gopher. I noticed spelling is a little challenging to most RPI fans, just saying. Hoos grad that roots for RPI, and posts on Spidernation? You may be better off telling everyone you are a poor speller.

Wait, I misspelled Gopher in my name? News to me. I'm a Minnesota and VCU fan, no troll - even congratulated Richmond "owning" the city after going 2-0 against us, as well as the respectful sign by one of your fans towards Gilmore.

Not every opposing fan who posts here is a troll. Easy for you to devalue my posts by labeling me as one though, or trying to point out some perceived spelling error.

Reactions: HoosFan05
Robinson's a good get for VCU. they have a year to find out what they have. little risk. not a shooter, but an athlete so he'll fit in fine. but who the heck changes shooting hands? you've got to be in a heck of a slumpt to try that.

If there was one player who we were mentioned with that I definitively did not want it was Stanford Robinson. Dude can't shoot and we don't need any of those players. Of course, now that he is at VCU pretty much makes it destiny that he will burn us for 25 when we play them.

If there was one player who we were mentioned with that I definitively did not want it was Stanford Robinson. Dude can't shoot and we don't need any of those players. Of course, now that he is at VCU pretty much makes it destiny that he will burn us for 25 when we play them.

He's probably better for the Lambs than for us but I generally agree.

Yeah, using a fake ID to get into a bar and smoking some weed makes him just a terrible human being. I'm sure no UR players and fans have done that before!

"Wait, I misspelled Gopher in my name? News to me."

Are you not GoopherRamFan or GooherRamFan on the A-10 Forum? Is that not a misspelling? Did you not state you misspelled Gopher after someone pointed out the misspelling? I thought you threatened to go away?

Yeah, using a fake ID to get into a bar and smoking some weed makes him just a terrible human being. I'm sure no UR players and fans have done that before!
I believe he had a few different issues. You are right that these are college kids and not immune to having fun and making bad decisions, but I don't recall Shaka taking on known issues like Wade has.

I believe he had a few different issues. You are right that these are college kids and not immune to having fun and making bad decisions, but I don't recall Shaka taking on known issues like Wade has.
Shaka has, it's just been quiet.

Reactions: SpiderK
"Wait, I misspelled Gopher in my name? News to me."

Are you not GoopherRamFan or GooherRamFan on the A-10 Forum? Is that not a misspelling? Did you not state you misspelled Gopher after someone pointed out the misspelling? I thought you threatened to go away?

Oh, you mean when I pressed "O" instead of "P" (they're right next to each other on a keyboard) 2 years ago when I signed up, deciding that's it's no big deal and kept it as "Gooher". Pretty good put down on my spelling skills though, I'm surprised all my usernames aren't "Gooher".

A perfect fit for vcu: dishonest, criminal, rough and lacking discipline. Hey, not much has changed at the commuter school. Go get'em Little Willie!
You are so predictable. Apparently your brother had no problem with the commuter school.

Reactions: HoosFan05
hoo man, don't go on your site no matter what you are discussing and no matter what we are discussing, you are not needed. just stay on the hoos and goats sites and keep your thoughts there where they should be. nothing more than a burr in a saddle, a bus in traffic, just fade away into the sunset......

Reactions: wr70beh and Ulla1
If you want a laugh, read Lambnation convincing itself that some schlep from a juco program in BFE Texas is the second coming. Meanwhile, they just lost two 4-star recruits. This guy seems like someone we might have signed four years ago to ride the pine for two years.

Reactions: SpiderK
He could be Samhan as this guy graduated high school in 2010!

But kept playing at the same high school until June 2013?

Left high school at that time, was 20 a month later. Still hasn't played any division 1 ball.

why are we not pursuing guys like that?
Spinner, this guy would have NO CHANCE at admission to UR. Moreover, the guy is 22 or 23 years old and would be 26 or 27 years old if he ever did graduate. Remember, Coach Mooney said that he recruits players who can graduate from UR.

Last edited:
Spinner, this guy would have NO CHANCE at admission to UR. Moreover, the guy is 22 or 23 years old and would be 26 or 27 years old if he ever did graduate. Remember, Coach Mooney said that he recruits players who can graduate from UR.
I wonder why it took you so long to say that?

This the same kid that was still pitching for the Chicago little league team when he was 16?

To be fair, Greg Marshall and Wichita State were on Hamdy pretty hard as well. I'd say Marshall has a pretty good track record with landing under-the-radar recruits and JUCOS (Carl Hall comes to mind, a guy Marshall got to decommit from VCU).

A solid stat line from Hamdy: 18 points, 8 rebounds. That was with the Egyptian U17 team back in 2010 against a team USA squad featuring a frontcourt with Justin Anderson (UVA), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (NBA Lottery pick), Johnny O'Bryant (LSU/#3 overall pick in NBA Draft), etc.

I think realistically he just gives VCU some much-needed depth in the front court and will allow guys like Tillman and Gilmore to move over to their more natural position at the 4.

I wrote in an A10talk.com article that I think Terry Allen and TJ Cline are one of the best duos in the A-10 and in my opinion arguably the most talented 1-2 punch in the front court in the league right now. But don't sleep on VCU's guys. Smart loved small ball but Will Wade is in love with the bigs. I think VCU will be much-improved in the front court next season and I honestly think could be one of the bigger surprises next season (meaning how productive VCU's front court is). I think Hamdy definitly helps with that because the Rams don't have to throw 6'7 200lb Tillman at the 5 when Mo comes out. They now get to just replace 6'6 250 with 6'9 250.

I found it more interesting that Weber transferred to Texas. At least, that is the way it appears in his latest video.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT