ADVERTISEMENT

Happy New Year and Welcome Coach Billy Cosh!

Anachnid

Rookie
Dec 31, 2021
You caught my eye by what you did against JMU in the spring and I have been throwing your name out since then as an OC for us. I am pleased to have you here. Your are young and smart. I suggest you always be flexible and adapt and adjust/tweak your O to your personnel. Be creative but show common sense. First and goal at the one?. Put the QB under center. Why snap the ball back another 4-6 feet to either a standing still qb or for the standing still qb to hand to an rb who was standing still all the while your O line has made its initial push and the D has pushed back by time the ball has been carried back to where an under center qb would have been? UR football and all sports (more later) have always performed best as the over performer, chip on the shoulder, confident attitude stereotype, not the pampered mess being sold. Just note that our two probably most underfunded sports aloof to be the most successful. Attitude.
For football history, just to get introduced, watch the 68 tangerine bowl. Next watch the Dal Shealey coached wide split offense in the game against VPI at City Stadium. To see how to use a good rb, watch game film of Clawson’s use of Tim Hightower- look how far back he lined up behind the qb. For a solid balanced O, watch the national championship game, and count howmany players touched the ball either from a hand off (from under center) or receiving. To learn more about attitude watch the last drive I of the UNI game.
Again don’t get stuck. If something isnt working adjust, but know that adjustment had to be made earlier in practices. Mix it up, qb under center or qb back- throw some wide splits in,, make the D crazy.
Welcome and get that darn ball into the end zone!
Go Spiders!

if I could give this 10 likes I would! The only thing I would add is RUN the BALL. I am sick of seeing us in 3 and one or similar and not being able to move the line and get one yard. A power back, even when not used makes the opposing D change the way they defend.

BTW watching the Rose Bowl now, LOVE the pre snap movement by Utah that is keeping OSU on their heels

You caught my eye by what you did against JMU in the spring and I have been throwing your name out since then as an OC for us. I am pleased to have you here. Your are young and smart. I suggest you always be flexible and adapt and adjust/tweak your O to your personnel. Be creative but show common sense. First and goal at the one?. Put the QB under center. Why snap the ball back another 4-6 feet to either a standing still qb or for the standing still qb to hand to an rb who was standing still all the while your O line has made its initial push and the D has pushed back by time the ball has been carried back to where an under center qb would have been? UR football and all sports (more later) have always performed best as the over performer, chip on the shoulder, confident attitude stereotype, not the pampered mess being sold. Just note that our two probably most underfunded sports aloof to be the most successful. Attitude.
For football history, just to get introduced, watch the 68 tangerine bowl. Next watch the Dal Shealey coached wide split offense in the game against VPI at City Stadium. To see how to use a good rb, watch game film of Clawson’s use of Tim Hightower- look how far back he lined up behind the qb. For a solid balanced O, watch the national championship game, and count howmany players touched the ball either from a hand off (from under center) or receiving. To learn more about attitude watch the last drive I of the UNI game.
Again don’t get stuck. If something isnt working adjust, but know that adjustment had to be made earlier in practices. Mix it up, qb under center or qb back- throw some wide splits in,, make the D crazy.
Welcome and get that darn ball into the end zone!
Go Spiders!
Hang on a second here. Did you used to have an "o" in your moniker?

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT