ADVERTISEMENT

UD to join A10 MLAX

Mo 2.0

Assistant Coach
Jul 6, 2021
I don't think I saw this noted elsewhere. Starting in 2026. the Hens should really bolster the league.

Excellent addition. UD is a very good lacrosse team that made the quarter finals in 2022 and, like Richmond, is ranked around the 15-20 spot many years. Us, Saint Joseph's, High Point, UMass, and now Delaware is starting to shape up like a pretty solid league. I wish we never took in Hobart, but we needed a 6th team to have an AQ to the tournament. If somehow, Hobart could be replaced with Utah, then we would be even better.

A10 continues to move up in its quality in lacrosse. With this move, I’d rank the conferences as follows:

1. ACC
2. Big 10
3. Ivy
4. Big East
5a. A10
5b. Patriot
6. Asun

Last edited:
Reactions: AnnapSpider
I don't think I saw this noted elsewhere. Starting in 2026. the Hens should really bolster the league.

Very logical move by the Blue Hens and the A10.Like it.

Reactions: urfan1
Excellent addition. UD is a very good lacrosse team that made the quarter finals in 2022 and, like Richmond, is ranked around the 15-20 spot many years. Us, Saint Joseph's, High Point, UMass, and now Delaware is starting to shape up like a pretty solid league. I wish we never took in Hobart, but we needed a 6th team to have an AQ to the tournament. If somehow, Hobart could be replaced with Utah, then we would be even better.

A10 continues to move up in its quality in lacrosse. With this move, I’d rank the conferences as follows:

1. ACC
2. Big 10
3. Ivy
4. Big East
5a. A10
5b. Patriot
6. Asun
…. I wish we never took in Hobart, but we needed a 6th team to have an AQ to the tournament. If somehow, Hobart could be replaced with Utah, then we would be even better...”

The Bonnies are the ugly duckling NOT Hobart.Utah isn’t going anywhere.

The Bonnies are the ugly duckling NOT Hobart.Utah isn’t going anywhere.
I didn’t mention the Bonnies because we had to take them since they are members of the A10, but yes they are definitely the team dragging the conference down the most. I know our options were limited at the time on who to add as an affiliate member for our 6th team and AQ. Hobart likely the best in those circumstances. Wishful thinking, but Jacksonville would’ve been nice, if they weren’t in the Asun. I would have rather added Utah and Air Force if them coming as a tandem would’ve helped reduce travel a bit. Is travel the only reason Utah wouldn’t leave the Asun?

Last edited:

1. ACC
2. Big 10
3. Ivy
4. Big East
5a. A10
5b. Patriot
6. Asun
ASUN

SCHOOL NAMEASUNALL
Jacksonville *8-113-5
Utah *8-112-5
Air Force *8-19-6
Bellarmine *5-49-8
Cleveland St. *5-49-8
Robert Morris *4-55-10
Mercer3-64-10
Detroit Mercy3-63-10
Queens1-82-11
Lindenwood0-90-12
*clinched ASUN Championship berth

ASUN

SCHOOL NAMEASUNALL
Jacksonville *8-113-5
Utah *8-112-5
Air Force *8-19-6
Bellarmine *5-49-8
Cleveland St. *5-49-8
Robert Morris *4-55-10
Mercer3-64-10
Detroit Mercy3-63-10
Queens1-82-11
Lindenwood0-90-12
*clinched ASUN Championship berth

I am aware they are in the Asun. My question was more geared to try and understand why they chose to be in the Asun as affiliate members for lacrosse. I ask whether it was because travel but looking at the list of teams in the Asun, seems the travel is just as much or more for them in the Asun. Did no other conference want them? If so, I find that surprising. I’m sure the A10 would have taken them both and we are a better conference than the Asun, even before Delaware joined the A10.

This is a great addition. Oddly enough had A10 lax not started probably would of wound up in the Patriot League, but this move really helps bolster our conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT