ADVERTISEMENT

New A10 agreement with CBS, NBC, ESPN

Section9.RowD

Team Manager
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2021
does the A10 and other leagues actually get paid by ESPN et. al. for them to show our games?
I feel like it should almost be the other way around. where's our leverage?

Reactions: Eight Legger
does the A10 and other leagues actually get paid by ESPN et. al. for them to show our games?
I feel like it should almost be the other way around. where's our leverage?
People buy ESPN+ subscriptions to watch the games. These sports networks need sports content, A10 games are probably pretty cheap content for them.

Reactions: Mo 2.0 and urfan1
Speaking selfishly, putting more stuff on linear TV (like first-round A-10 tourney games on USA) is worse for me since I don't have cable/satellite. I'd be thrilled to just have everything on ESPN+.

But I'm obviously in the minority, and more exposure on linear TV is good for the conference and schools.

Reactions: urfan1 and fan2011
Speaking selfishly, putting more stuff on linear TV (like first-round A-10 tourney games on USA) is worse for me since I don't have cable/satellite. I'd be thrilled to just have everything on ESPN+.

But I'm obviously in the minority, and more exposure on linear TV is good for the conference and schools.
100% with you, SF. Same here. In order to watch stuff outside of ESPN+, I have to do trials of other services, but I would rather go thru the struggle or even miss it for the greater good of more exposure.

In the article it says the league got almost a 40% increase in this new deal. So yes they pay for it, but not sure of the economics of it.

Reactions: urfan1
In the article it says the league got almost a 40% increase in this new deal. So yes they pay for it, but not sure of the economics of it.
My guess would be an increase from $350k per season per school to $500k.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT