ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Also 3 years ago vs Auburn at Barclays their big center got Grant and Grace in immediate foul trouble. Tyler had to defend the center position at that point and also picked up 3 first half fouls.

It’s not that you need another true center but not only are we talking about the 3rd option being guys only 6’5/6’6” but guys who have zero bulk.

Injuries happen, fouls happen and Walz is completely unproven on the court as yet. I hope he’s ready if needed to play 25-30m but I’m not confident in it yet. The non-Quinn lineup scenarios if one injury happens are dicey.

Yep, injuries, fouls. Quinn is probably are most indispensible player and as was noted last year, he seemed to be dinged up multiple times last year. If he goes down for any length of time, we have very little inside depth.

well, it obviously does happen. we were without Grace for the Wichita St, Syracuse and Temple games last year. decided to play small when Quinn was out instead of leaning on Walz. lost 2 of 3 but we didn't play too bad.
But, I don't remember wishing we had a 5 to guard a 5 those games.

Finally, something more concrete. We're one of four finalists for Jadyn Parker out of North Florida along with UNCW, ETSU, and Iona. Decision this afternoon.

6'10" big with two years remaining. Strictly a close to the basket guy (only 6 attempts from deep in three years).

Remember when some of us thought we were too good for a 6'10" PF averaging 57.3%FG and 4.3 rebounds per 18.5 minutes for his career? Those were optimistic times.

LOL. It does not take a genius to predict how things with Mooney are going to play out. As this marched on, it became all but inevitable that he would sign someone just like he just signed.
I don't have a problem with the Harris signing.
I have a problem if we're ok going with 12. there's no bonus for saving a spot. if for some reason we can't land a rotational piece (which in itself is a miss), at least add a grad transfer who can at a minimum rotate in during practice.

I don't have a problem with the Harris signing.
I have a problem if we're ok going with 12. there's no bonus for saving a spot. if for some reason we can't land a rotational piece (which in itself is a miss), at least add a grad transfer who can at a minimum rotate in during practice.
Well, we need in my opinion we really need a "big forward" who can meaningful contribute this year. Harris is not that. He seems to me like a guy you sign in late June when you realize you have 2 open scholarships and most of your first choice options have chosen someone else. And yes, completely agree, if we are not using our full scholarship allotment that would be a significant issue.

Keeping tabs on DeMarr Langford - according to his NIL agency he's recently heard from Gonzaga, GT, and New Mexico State. We're presumptively no longer in the picture here, given his alleged visit was 2+ months ago. I'm not 100% sure, but this Trilly Donovan tweet seems to suggest he has some grades issues contributing to his lack of commitment.

Given how long this has dragged out, it doesn't really seem to be an us problem...seems quite a few others have likely passed as well. Very interested to see where he ends up.
if he only has one year left, and has not graduated, the chances are NIL (I don't mean N.I.L)we would take him. You can only transfer 50% of your credits to graduate at Richmond and if you only have 25% of your career left, the credit math doesn't work.

if he only has one year left, and has not graduated, the chances are NIL (I don't mean N.I.L)we would take him. You can only transfer 50% of your credits to graduate at Richmond and if you only have 25% of your career left, the credit math doesn't work.
He has two years of eligibility left, and we brought him in for a visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT