ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Writing was on the wall with this one…we predicted it would tough to be eligible when he transferred to VCU. IF NCAA was going to now be strict w waivers as they announced. Now schools will have to think harder about allocating a ship for a sit out year especially when it’s 2 years for 1 year playing. Find it a little odd that schools or fans complain about this considering it was the NCAA membership schools including the coaches & ADs w the most influence who pushed the NCAA for the rules & voted for it.

And then there's the Tez Walker situation down here...UNC Board of Trustees is investigating legal options, while the NCAA is working with law enforcements over threats against them for denying his waiver.

Bamisile is able to transfer to be close to home and still be on scholarship. I get that he wants to play ... but he's on his 4th school. he's fortunate to still be eligible and on scholarship.

focus on school. practice with new team. spend time with dad.

did the NCAA rule on Bamisile yet? I don't understand what takes them so long on these rulings. there can't be THAT many.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Nothing yet - you would think if you meet the appeal deadline which I think was 10/1 they could rule by 11/1. His appeal was done via a Zoom call and supposedly was with a different committee than who ruled initially. Would be surprised if it’s approved now I guess though. I think he could still play 2 seasons here if he wanted to (adding the COVID season). I saw one appeal got approved for the second semester?? Not having him and Bairstow is a huge blow to the initial roster setup and decision to go with 11 scholarship players (later granted one to a walk on).

maybe I'm underestimating the amount of research involved in these appeals. seem pretty straight forward. approve or don't approve, but the kids deserve an answer.

Today would need to be the day. I don't think it is happening.
The coaches wanted the two time transfer needs to sit out rule. So it was implemented . Bamisile exceeded that by 2. This would his 4th school, not 3rd and he hasn't graduated yet. If needing to be close to home was so important, why did he leave DC to go 1000 miles away????? This is no different than JMU to FBS rule. You can argue whether its a good rule or not, but it was the deal when they signed to move up.

Reactions: urfan1
Courts are now getting involved in the transfer waiver process. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like this was a federal case, not just local to West Virginia, meaning theoretically all waiver-denied players nationwide could be temporarily eligible for the next 14 days. What a shitshow!

• Wow
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Yeah, saw that right after I posted. Still, looks like a lot more to come from this. Have to think VCU is thinking they can work with the VA AG to try to get Bamisile eligible now...

Yeah, saw that right after I posted. Still, looks like a lot more to come from this. Have to think VCU is thinking they can work with the VA AG to try to get Bamisile eligible now...
Yeah, have to think NCAA will just let this apply everywhere, because if they limit it to this district it just means everybody else is going to sue.

I haven't looked at this in detail, but is there any difference in the situations of Battle as a two-time transfer and Bamisile as a three-time transfer as far as the case is concerned? But again, I feel like the NCAA isn't going to want to fight this on a case-by-case basis over the next two weeks and potentially beyond, so it probably doesn't matter. Open doors for everyone.

So what happens if these guys play for 14 days and then their original denial is withheld? Is that the end of their eligibility, for those who are seniors? Would they be banking on another special exception to give them another full year? I forget how many games or what % of the season you can play and still redshirt. But for some guys in this position, they have probably exhausted all redshirt options.

I brought this up earlier but what ncaa should have done is just say no waivers at all.

Next up just bring a lawsuit challenging all eligibility rules. Redshirt rule gone. & as long as u r still taking any undergrad or grad classes u can play as long as u want. 7 years 8 years who cares. Left early for the pros? Come on back finish college & play.

It sounds like a preliminary injunction is likely to follow the restraining order while this whole thing plays out, unless the NCAA just caves, so these guys might get the whole rest of this season anyway, depending on timing.

NCAA is indeed not going to enforce multiple-time transfers sitting out anywhere for the next two weeks at least.

1st semester almost over. U could transfer immediately for 2nd semester and start playing in games here in December. Is there an exception for mid year transfers? I don't know but how described may be eligible too. And I kinda doubt this gets reversed in 14 days. Paging Bobby Durkin.

Going through this thread from Forde. To make sure I fully understand, all multi-time transfers are now eligible to play for the next two weeks, and while it is possible that this is reversed/challenged by the NCAA when the two weeks have concluded, schools can't be penalized at all for playing guys during this two week period?

This is wild.

Still unclear about the years of eligibility situation. I assume if this gets shut down, in the NCAA's eyes these guys do indeed burn a year of eligibility. At least until someone sues over that.

Yeah, I guess a player's eligibility is not technically a penalty to the school. I can see a lot of teams playing these guys and taking the bet that it won't be overturned.

Pretty soon we will have Overseas Elite from the TBT showing up at a school for big NIL $. Heck if Tyler Burton can get 1/2 mil himself, and the TBT guys are only getting 1 mil to split several ways - it may be worth it. Some of those guys can probably be eligible if a judge will OK it.

• Haha
Reactions: Eight Legger
Goodman posted a list of about 35 guys. Think it's a combination of guys who had been denied and who hadn't received a ruling yet. There are probably more.

Looks like Buffalo might have an affected player available for our game against them. Graham began his career at Maryland, played at Missouri State last year, now at Buffalo and had his waiver denied a month ago.

Siena, Wichita, UNLV, URI, VCU, SLU, GMU all picking up guys. Maybe the Siena guy who got 12 and 6 in the ASUN last year can help them not be rock bottom.

EDIT: And Buffalo as per SF's post above, missed that one.

pluses and minuses. if we got Brown, we don't have DLo. and there's no Tyne time.
the way it worked out is better for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT