ADVERTISEMENT

The Resume

fan2011

Graduate Assistant
Apr 21, 2014
Beware, this post is filled with wild speculation!

Using RPI Forecast I have put together what our resume currently looks like. First I will list the teams and their predicted RPIs:

Radford: 137
ODU: 43
High Point: 89
NC St.: 58

3 bad losses
- @ JMU
- v Wake
- v Northeastern

Because of this, we need at least 4 good wins:
- @ VCU (this is huge)
- We play 5 more top 100 RPI teams, with our best chances being v VCU, v GW, v URI.
- I also like our matchup against La Salle Thursday, so I would say we will easily get 4 big wins.

Don't know where that puts us, but 4-5 good wins and 3 bad losses could be interesting.

Also, all bad losses early, that helps.

Me neither. Were 12-9 with several bad losses. Losing to JMU should be automatic disqualification. Yesterday was huge if we run off a streak here, I'll allow myself to go into rpi pergatory.

Agree Mo let's see how we play at Lasalle in that small quiet gym coming off a huge win on our rivals floor. This is where we will see where were at. Either play down to their level or continue our run.

Right now our Résumé gets us past McDonald's and on to Applebee's, we have to win a lot to get a job at Outback. We will have to win the tournament to be employed at Ruth's Chris.

I agree that we have a long way to go before we should start talking about our resume.

Let's see how this next 6 game stretch goes first.

I agree this is way too early. I'm much more focused on the next game and jockeying for Brooklyn.

But...

First five out?

All this speculation is a waste of time. Just need this team to make each game "a championship" and win that one . . . and then the next . . . . As R Wilson and the Seahawks say "Let's go 1-0 TODAY".

Agreed - its just one win. We beat VCU and everyone is ready to make a sweet 16 run and give Mooney an extension. Turn around and lose to LaSalle on Thursday - we are back to CBI talk and firing Mooney.

Point is - we are still an NIT at best right now. Maybe we can use these last few games to build some momentum and maybe we can sweep VCU with a win at our place. But 1 win doesn't change the outlook just yet. If we can duplicate what we did at VCU (low turnovers, good rebounding, low scoring grind out win) over the next 3-4 games - then maybe we become a team who can pull off the upset in the A10 tourney. But until then - we are still a team with just 1 road win to our credit.

Midlo, I agree. Like the old adage, one game at a time. That's the way, the players have to approach it. Same can be true for many of us fans. Win the next game, and then get ready for the next one. We'll know at the end of the season, where we stand. Even, if the most pessimistic forecasts are right, and we're going to have no postseason, it changes nothing for me. I'm still looking forward to LaSalle. And, at the end of the day, a postseason may well be in our future, that will be a big plus. But I'm not going to waste time worrying about, what ifs, just look forward to seeing Spiders play on national TV, the next two games. Big opportunity to impress potential recruits, and casual fans.

I agree with Trap. We need to prove now that we can win consistently on the road. I think getting the first one, especially at RPI, will get us on a roll. Key will be playing with the same intensity and focus as we did Saturday.

The schedule opens up a little bit after this away game to LaSalle. We get a dangerous URI team at home, then Fordham at home, then GMU and Bonnies on the road (both beaten already). Then we have 2 tough games at home in a row (GW, VCU). Closes out the last 3 games potentially beneficial to us @ St Joe's and @UMass and finally at home against St Louis. Being very conservative let's say 6-4 or 7-3?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT