ADVERTISEMENT

The Good Ole Days

I was reading through this thread some this morning and it honestly made me sad. Some of my best memories as a kid are of going to games at city stadium and Robins Stadium when the the team was winning with my dad and our whole crew. We hardly ever missed a home game and we expected to win every week. It was an attitude you had not just walking into that stadium but during every day leading up to gameday and even during the off-season. Man how things have changed and I hate to say it but I’m not sure we’ll ever get back to that point. I said that after Danny Rocco left and I believe it even more now with how the landscape of college football is changing. I don’t know if this is the same feeling people had during some of the really rough years of UR football because I wasn’t around for any of that but the program did bounce back and rise to new heights once before so there’s a chance it could happen again, I just don’t see it. All that being said during my lifetime I have seen 7 conference titles, a national title, and a bunch of other playoff runs, which a lot of fan bases would be grateful to even have half of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: bullfrog91

speaking of the good ole days...jerry Lindquist a long time sports writer for the Times-Dispatch, now retired, writes of the good ole days in this article about Spiders football...

It covers a lot of the ground covered in this thread with many quotes from long time Spiders fans and former players...I thought it was a pretty good read...

Almost at the end of the article Lindquist writes that Coach Huesman has another year left on his contract...this is his fifth year and fourth full season...anyone know if this is accurate?

Go Spiders!

sounds accurate , its almost hallloween. in every horror movie, the townspeople , or in this case the fans celebrate , the end of the monster, but at the end of the movie the hand rises from the dirt, and the nightmare at the brickhouse starts all over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT