ADVERTISEMENT

The FCS Selection Committee

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
AD Gill better get real familiar with these guys.We were screwed 2 years ago.

FCS PLAYOFF SELECTION COMMITTEE
-----------------------------------------------------------
The 11-member NCAA Division I Football Championship selection committee will face some tough decisions before the 24-team playoff field is announced Nov. 23:

Big Sky - Jeff Tingey, Idaho State athletic director

Big South - Chuck Burch, Gardner-Webb athletic director

CAA Football - Marty Scarano, New Hampshire athletic director

Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference - Earl Hilton, North Carolina A&T athletic director

Missouri Valley Football Conference - Troy Dannen, Northern Iowa athletic director

Northeast Conference - Paul Schlickmann, Central Connecticut State athletic director

Ohio Valley Conference - Mark Wilson, Tennessee Tech athletic director

Patriot League - Frank McLaughlin, Fordham University associate vice president

Pioneer Football League - Brian Hutchinson, Morehead State athletic director

Southern Conference - Richard Johnson, Wofford College athletic director

Southland Conference - Robert Hill (chair), Stephen F. Austin athletic director

Its really pretty simple. Win out and get in. Don't , you stay home.... Losing 2 of your last 3 doesn't give one much to complain about when you don't get chosen . Lets just win out and then dare them to screw us !! They won't be able to.

was really hoping that we would take care of business on the field so that we did not have to know or care who made up this committee but 32, you are right on the money, unless, of course, we drop another one on the field, then back to not caring who they are.

I don't know what if anything style points count but I'd rather see us win both decisively. I doubt if Delaware is going to beat NH and Nova back to back but if they did that would make us tied for third and Delaware would likely get the nod. 4 teams from the CAA would be a stretch.

This shouldn't require any lobbying. Win the last 2 and we are in. Lose one of the next 2 and we are not.

I still think there is a path to getting in at 8-4, but it would depend upon a lot of other things happening. It would be easier just to win both of these.

97, the caa is not what it was four or five years ago, we are not in with two wins, a couple of years ago, should prove that to you. we have to win two and like 32 suggests, make some friends on the committee and also so some praying.

MO, hope you are correct, though, you do miss some predictions on here, but the coaches, athletic director and all fans thought we were definitely in if we beat w&m two years ago and we all met on campus for the selection show and voila, we were in, not.....

Would be difficult to turn us down at 9-3, a win over nova and a close call with New Hampshire

Originally posted by WebSpinner:
MO, hope you are correct, though, you do miss some predictions on here, but the coaches, athletic director and all fans thought we were definitely in if we beat w&m two years ago and we all met on campus for the selection show and voila, we were in, not.....
More wins and a different year. In 2012, the problem was that we 'didn't beat anybody'.

This year, we have a huge win over Villanova and a very solid win over Liberty.

I'd empty out my 401k and take an HELOC on the modest equity in my house if there's a bet on our potential playoff inclusion at 9-3.

Just need to get there. Two big tests lie ahead.

Just noticed every team ranked from 9th to 25th have at least 3 losses except Harvard and I don't think they play in the playoffs

We finished that year ranked number 20 and we're unranked most of the year. We are ranked number 14 right now in the polls and if we win our last 2 will likely be ranked in the top 10. Think that is the primary difference between the two years.

Although, it wouldn't hurt for Mr. Gill to do some early lobbying.

2013 schedule

our resume is better and good arguments. we are in and we are in charge of what happens, of course, we were last saturday as well. hope the guys can rally and do it.

Our top 4 of 8 wins in 2012 were

Nova 8-4
JMU 7-4
Del 5-6
W&M 2-9

If we win out, the likely top 5 of 9 wins would be

Nova 10-2
JMU 8-4
Lib 8-4 (loss to CCU)
W&M 7-5
Alb 6-6 (maybe 7-5 if they beat SBU)

2 of 8 vs 5 of 9

This year 9-3 should be fine, but I doubt any 8-4 CAA team has more than a slim chance.

The field has also been expanded from 20 in 2012 to 24 this year...at-larges have gone from 10 to 13.

We're at #14 right now, and we'd only rise with two wins over ranked or borderline ranked teams to close out the season. Like Mo, I'd bet the house and more on us getting in at 9-3...mortal lock, mustachio. etc.

Maybe the FCS should adopt the Virginia High School League football playoff points system. If you play bigger schools all year, you get credit, even if you're not competitive. This resulted in a team that went 1-9 and scored 61 points all year (Martinsville), along with at least 2 others, that I saw, with only 2 wins making the playoffs!

Originally posted by 32counter:
Thanks,Dirty.Not so confident for the winner coming out of Willieburg next weekend getting into the party of 24.
I think you guys take them. You proved against us you can stop the run and I wasn't too impressed by Cluley. Just stop Abdul-Saboor and you'll be fine. I think if you guys can get ahead early and run all over them you'll be fine.

Having said that, I'm totally rooting for the Tribe; if they get in and not you we have a better chance of hosting NC A&T. I just wouldn't bet on them.

Plenty of things could happen Saturday. Most that would really help us are unlikely, but you never know. I do think if we win, there is about a 75% chance we get in. But what if we win big and JMU lays a fat egg vs. Elon? Are they out?

If it came down to us vs. them, I think in that scenario we probably would make it because our worst loss is better than theirs and our best win is better than theirs. That would be pretty hilarious, but of course they are not going to lose to Elon.

Edit: Thanks 61, had the wrong JMU opponent.

This post was edited on 11/17 4:31 PM by Eight Legger

take it to the off topic if you wish, talking about looking into the eyes of the american people and lying to them on purpose. people do die in wars, since the beginning of time.

Geez, I come here to get away from politics. Now back to the Selection Committee. Are these the same guys who dissed us two years ago??? If so, maybe they will feel bad about it and throw us a bone.

Why is this a subject now, as we could be W&M by 50 and will still not get in. Bigger question is after 22 seniors leave, how much longer must we wait for another chance at the NCAAs?

DC did a lot with young teams, the offensive line we had in our playoff game with hampton was mostly frosh and a soph if i remember correctly. sometimes the young guys coming up have more leadership, hunger and play better. let's not feel we have to rebuild, let's hope our young guys get in the lineup and perform.

Playoffs this year. No reason to advance, but must happen...or 4 years with new coaching staff. In Div II.

Originally posted by CarolinaSpider:
Why is this a subject now, as we could be W&M by 50 and will still not get in. Bigger question is after 22 seniors leave, how much longer must we wait for another chance at the NCAAs?
Not sure how you are arriving at that conclusion...

There are 11 autobids and 13 at-large selections. Of the teams that have clinched autobids or likely will clinch, all but two already are ranked ahead of us in the polls. One of the other teams ranked ahead of us (Harvard) comes from a league that doesn't participate in the playoffs.

That means that of the 20 teams ranked ahead of us, half are accounted for. Even if every other team ranked ahead of us is selected as an at-large, there still would be 3 at-large spots left.

I'm not suggesting that the polls necessarily have anything to do with who makes it and who doesn't, but I just don't see enough opportunities for other teams to jump us, assuming we win.

There are three big things we need to have happen:
• Coastal Carolina must beat Liberty, because if Liberty wins, it wins the autobid and that would steal an at-large bid.

• ND State must beat Youngstown State (which they likely will do), because Youngstown also is a bubble team at 7-4.

• NC A&T must win at NC Central to clinch the autobid and prevent Bethune Cookman from doing so. NC A&T would most likely make it as an at-large, but Bethune Cookman is a bubble team.

If we win and those three things happen, I really can't imagine how we would be left out.

This article also suggests that the winner of our game is in.

SB Nation FCS predictions

I would love for Maine to knock New Hampshire off their lofty perch, and soften out loss some

I would vote no, I want high seeds and good performance for the league in the Playoffs, it will help in future years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT