ADVERTISEMENT

FCS Playoffs

Our last three games are kinda nuts. We control our own destiny up to and including a conference championship, but it's not an easy road.

I can't fault any outsider who thinks we might lose all three, but we could just as reasonably win all three.

Our last three games are kinda nuts. We control our own destiny up to and including a conference championship, but it's not an easy road.

I can't fault any outsider who thinks we might lose all three, but we could just as reasonably win all three.
I think this ream gets it. Flying a bit under the radar. Gonna run the table.

Key Southern Conference results:

No. 13 Samford (7-1, 5-0) 38, The Citadel 3
No. 24 Furman (7-2, 5-1) 24, No. 7 Chattanooga (6-2, 4-1) 20
No. 16 Mercer (7-2, 5-1) 55, VMI 14

Samford leads tight title race.

Last edited:
10/29 Results affecting polls:
——————————————
UR #17

UNH #19

—————-

Expect a bunching of UD,UR,UNH,Elon-#15,#18,#19,#20 likely.Furman moving up as well.We beat Maine but not overly convincingly.

#7 Chatty loses to #24 Furman 20-24

#11 Montana loses to #5 Weber State 21-24

#12 Hens lose to RV Elon 7-27

#15 SEMo loses to RV EKU 23-28

#18 URI loses to #10 WM 30-31

#20 SIU loses to UNI 36-37

FCS Playoff Committee Members​

2022 Committee Chair
Patriot League

Bucknell AD Jermaine Truax
Term Expiration: Aug. 2023

Pioneer Football League
Drake AD Brian Hardin
Term Expiration: Aug. 2025

Big South Conference
Robert Morris AD Chris King
Term Expiration: Aug. 2026

Big Sky Conference
Montana AD Kent Haslam
Term Expiration: Aug. 2024

Southern Conference
Chattanooga AD Mark Wharton

Missouri Valley Football Conference
North Dakota State AD Matt Larsen

Colonial Athletic Association
Stony Brook AD Shawn Heilbron

Southland Conference
Houston Christian AD Steve Moniaci

Ohio Valley Conference
Eastern Illinois AD Tom Michael

Northeast Conference
CCSU AD Thomas Pincince

ASUN-WAC
Eastern Kentucky AD Matt Roan

At least they’re consistent…Spiders win, move them down.
Would not worry to much about what these sights say at this point. Most just look at computer rankings and those have Jackson State in the top 10 and they have not played anyone that every CAA team (even the ones that have not won a conference game) would take behind the woodshed.

I least Spiders have their playoff goal in their own hands now.
3-0 finish possibly seeded, 2-1 finish likely playoffs, anything else a good season, but work to do next year. The W&M game could well be to decide a seed at year end, and the loser still in the mix but playing Thanksgiving weekend.
At least November matters to Spider football again.

I sure hope Athletic department gets at least the Homecoming game sold out.

That's about the most begrudging move back into the field. Not much faith in us winning at least one of our last two.

FCS Playoff Committee Members​

2022 Committee Chair
Patriot League

Bucknell AD Jermaine Truax

Pioneer Football League
Drake AD Brian Hardin

Big South Conference
Robert Morris AD Chris King

Big Sky Conference
Montana AD Kent Haslam

Southern Conference
Chattanooga AD Mark Wharton

Missouri Valley Football Conference
North Dakota State AD Matt Larsen

Colonial Athletic Association
Stony Brook AD Shawn Heilbron

Southland Conference
Houston Christian AD Steve Moniaci

Ohio Valley Conference
Eastern Illinois AD Tom Michael

Northeast Conference
CCSU AD Thomas Pincince

ASUN-WAC
Eastern Kentucky AD Matt Roan

FCS Bracketology: Projecting 2022 the Playoff Field | The Analyst

Are you kidding me? Haley projects if Spiders get past 1st round we play Indians again!

It’d be fun to play W&M a second time, but in the 3rd round or later.

Beat William and Mary!

Go Spiders!

Does that mean if we beat W&M
we would switch spots and still play in second round against the tribe if they won the 1st round game. Absolutely ridiculous 😂

Are you kidding me? Haley projects if Spiders get past 1st round we play Indians again!

It’d be fun to play W&M a second time, but in the 3rd round or later.

Beat William and Mary!

Go Spiders!
That's the way they do the brackets, unfortunately. They minimize travel costs.

There's a good chance that when we win the CAA title on Saturday, our first opponent (after the bye week) will be W&M. The same thing happened the year Rocco won the CAA with Lauletta.

Reactions: urfan1
That's the way they do the brackets, unfortunately. They minimize travel costs.

There's a good chance that when we win the CAA title on Saturday, our first opponent (after the bye week) will be W&M. The same thing happened the year Rocco won the CAA with Lauletta.

yep we beat them twice but I hope they don’t do brackets again that way. Feel like there r other bus ride options where they could avoid it.

Will be interesting if we actually put in a bid strong enough for a home game this year.

Will be interesting if we actually put in a bid strong enough for a home game this year.
Historically we do. Different AD this time though. So if we don't we know whom to blame.

Many of the teams directly behind us are losing or have lost, so imagine well get a home game as long as the bid was solid.

Not sure if I want to be jammed into the WM regional but its happened before and regional matchups is their preference. Have to get by whoever were matched up with in the first round anyway. Ideally Holy Cross is the 2nd round opponent although I don't like any of those matchups if we get by the first just because of the advantages the team on the bye week have.

I think we have a good defense that plays hard but lacks depth to play a full 4 quarters without some rough patches built in. Thus it puts pressure on our offense to come out and build a big lead which we struggled to the past two weeks. I'm not too terribly down on the team other than depth, but this is the time of year you really need it.
All you're asking for is a chance to dance and we got it. Its been way too long and the guys are to be commended on this season despite todays tough loss. Lets hope we can get hot with a quality QB that other teams aren't familiar with our offense, and they have to play catchup all game.

WM trending up
Don't buy stock in ND State
Holy Cross is a nice story, but fear the length of the season (depth) and SOS could make them ripe for an upset. Especially with a hot coaching candidate like the one they have possibly fielding calls for other jobs as a distraction.

As much as todays whopping hurt, feel we can catch lighting in a bottle and make a run if we get the right matchups. We do have a QB and lost at home to a very good tribe team where a few 50/50 plays go the other way who knows what happens. It was WM's day today.

Whatever our schedule, lets hope it keeps us in the eastern time zone for a while.

LOL @Delaware.

Coming off its best season since 2016, the 8-3 University of Richmond football team will host a viewing of the FCS selection show on Sunday, Nov. 20 at the Jepson Alumni Center. The program begins at 12:30 and fans may arrive beginning at noon.

The team and coaches will be in attendance to share the excitement with fans as they find out who No. 11 Richmond will play in the FCS playoffs. Light refreshments will be provided and all Spiders fans are welcome to attend.

Those who cannot make it to the event can tune in to the selection show on ESPNU or ESPN+.

Richmond has made the NCAA FCS playoffs 11 times in program history, most recently advancing to the FCS quarterfinals in 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT