ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 Playoff Show ESPNU 10pm ET tonite 11.15.16

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
The final release will take place Nov. 15 at 10 p.m. (ET) on the ESPNU Championship Drive: Power Hour. The November announcements are an effort to build excitement around the NCAA Division I Football Championship. The final bracket will be revealed on Selection Sunday, November 20 at 11 a.m. (ET) on ESPNU.

Here are the people make up the FCS selection committee. All are directors of athletics, representing schools from each of the ten leagues with automatic bids:

• Brian Hutchinson, Morehead State — Pioneer League [chairman]
  • Chuck Burch, Gardner-Webb — Big South
  • Richard Johnson, Wofford — SoCon
  • Kyle Moats, Missouri State — MVFC
  • Nathan Pine, Holy Cross — Patriot League
  • Marty Scarano, New Hampshire — CAA
  • Paul Schlickmann, Central Connecticut State — NEC
  • Greg Seitz, Jacksonville State — OVC
  • Brad Teague, Central Arkansas — Southland
  • Jeff Tingey, Idaho State — Big Sky

Here's where we are today:

1.Jax St. 2. E. Washington 3. N. Dakota St. 4. J. Madison 5.Sam Houston St. 6. The Citadel 7.Chatanooga 8. UR 9. Central Arkansas 10. N Dakota

Last edited:
I see us at the 7th seed tonight. However, I am picking us at a 6th seed in the end. We will beat W&M, El Cid who struggled with VMI, will get a good trouncing at UNC.

Reactions: 32counter
I am expecting us at #8, really hoping Madison is outside the top 4. Need some order of JSU, NDSU, EWU, and SHSU ahead of them. I think we will finish at #7 once Central Arkansas loses to SHSU.

7 or 8 is sort of irrelevant. It would be wonderful if we could get to 6 but i'm not sure i see it.

7 or 8 is sort of irrelevant. It would be wonderful if we could get to 6 but i'm not sure i see it.
MO I do see a possible #6 seed, the citadel loss to UNC drops to 7 or 8. no longer concerned about whats behind us. lets then hope then for a southern route to the quarters and semi's

I am concerned about what's behind us. If UCA beats Sam Houston State, they will probably leap us and I don't think the committee drops SHSU out of a seed at 10-1.
I just want a seed - 6, 7, or 8 is just fine. The bye is important - for rest/recovery, and to avoid a regional matchup at JMU in the 2nd round. I know we can beat them but I don't want to see them early.

MO I do see a possible #6 seed, the citadel loss to UNC drops to 7 or 8. no longer concerned about whats behind us. lets then hope then for a southern route to the quarters and semi's

I think Citadel could lose to UNC 70-0 and the committee would not punish them. Honestly, they went undefeated in FCS. They deserve it.

I am expecting us at #8, really hoping Madison is outside the top 4. Need some order of JSU, NDSU, EWU, and SHSU ahead of them. I think we will finish at #7 once Central Arkansas loses to SHSU.
Have you taken into account Chattanooga's loss.

I see us at the 7th seed tonight. However, I am picking us at a 6th seed in the end. We will beat W&M, El Cid who struggled with VMI, will get a good trouncing at UNC.
I remember the Spiders would get a " good trouncing at UVA " according to the experts many months ago ?South Carolina lost to El Cid last year in final regular season game, the South Carolina newspapers were trashing " Da Chickens from Columbia,for putting El Cid on the schedule. Never under estimate the future defenders of our country. Go Spiders Go ! Go Bulldogs Go !

The final release will take place Nov. 15 at 10 p.m. (ET) on the ESPNU Championship Drive: Power Hour. The November announcements are an effort to build excitement around the NCAA Division I Football Championship. The final bracket will be revealed on Selection Sunday, November 20 at 11 a.m. (ET) on ESPNU.

I have Kent State vs. Bowling Green on ESPNU and it's 10:23. Unless they have changed the date, guess it will follow the game.

1. NDSU
2. Eastern Washington
3. Jacksonville State
4. JMU
5. Sam Houston
6. Citadel
7. Central Arkansas
8. Richmond
9. North Dakota
10. South Dakota State

Yes, I think they will have Central Ark or UND ahead of us. One projection has both of them ahead so I wouldn't be shocked by that.
You were correct about Central Arkansas. I do not understand it at all inasmuch as they had to rally to beat Nicholls State who barely beat Houston Baptist and Stephen F Austin this year and was trounced by McNeese State 35-0. Nicholls State led 21-14 against UCA in the fourth quarter. How could they move up?

I'd really want to get to #6 to avoid 1&2. Those are very tough places to play. But nothing we can do except win this weekend.

Reactions: urfan1
Wasn't NDSU 3 or 4 last week? I think they should be 1 too, but unless I missed something, seems like an odd late jump to make. Really don't want to be paired with them again. Give me a trip to EWU any day instead. Central Arkansas and The Citadel are paper tigers. Let's beat W&M by 50 so we at least get to #7.

Wasn't NDSU 3 or 4 last week? I think they should be 1 too, but unless I missed something, seems like an odd late jump to make. Really don't want to be paired with them again. Give me a trip to EWU any day instead. Central Arkansas and The Citadel are paper tigers. Let's beat W&M by 50 so we at least get to #7.
They were 3. Jacksonville State was 1. Eastern Washington was 2.

NDSU at #1 now means all preliminaries go through Fargo for 1 side of bracket.ESPN happy now.

STATS bracketology issued on Monday by Haley:

Committee followed STATS almost to a tee:Haley has North Dakota at #8 not UR.Only difference.

Saint Francis-Lehigh winner at No. 1 seed North Dakota State

Maine-Chattanooga winner at No. 8 seed North Dakota

Western Illinois-Cal Poly winner at No. 5 seed Sam Houston State

Samford-Liberty winner at No. 4 seed James Madison

<<<================================================>>>

Villanova-Youngstown State winner at No. 7 seed Central Arkansas

San Diego-South Dakota State winner at No. 2 seed Eastern Washington

North Carolina A&T/North Carolina Central-Richmond winner at No. 3 seed Jacksonville State

Charleston Southern-Wofford winner at No. 6 seed The Citadel

Last edited:
I'd really want to get to #6 to avoid 1&2. Those are very tough places to play. But nothing we can do except win this weekend.

6 and 7 both avoid 1, NDSU, until the championship.
One bracket is 1, 8, 4, 5. The other is 2, 7, 3, 6.
As it stands now, as a 6 we would end up with Jacksonville State and then Eastern Washington. As a 7, we would end up with Eastern Washington and then Jacksonville State. Both scenarios assume that we and the other seeds win to that point.
If we remain at 8, we play NDSU. If we win, we play the winner of the Sam Houston and JMU.
If we survive those scenarios, we play the winner of the other bracket for the championship.

Things may change, but I think that I have this right based on current seeds.

Last edited:
df304cf82e7464b51826834c141f91a3.jpg

For us to get a 6 we would need UNC to blow the doors off Citadel and probably SHSU beat UCA.
It's possible Citadel doesn't budge.

Beat the Tribe. First round bye with a second round home game. I think most of us would have signed up for that at the beginning of the season. And I do like our chances at a #7 seed. North Dakota at #9 does not play this week. I would expect us to move past the loser of the Sam Houston-C.Arkansas game.

Probably should root for Sam Houston to win. Possibility that they fall to #7 with a loss but Central Arkansas will certainly fall further if they lose.

I don't really understand the movement in the rankings. it's as if the committee just used the STATS ranking the first week and has now done a better job doing more research for subsequent rankings.

Yeah, if these were the FBS rankings and there was sudden change on the final week despite no major game outcomes to suggest it, people would be burning things in the streets. How did Jacksonville State drop from #1 to #3 despite winning by 18 points?

I think Citadel is locked in at #6. Best case for us is #7. Question is, with horrible strength of schedule and conference power ranking, if Central Ark beats SHSU, where does Sammy fall to? Out of top 8? Or maybe just to #7/8 and we take the other spot.

Either way, with UND on bye I don't see us falling out of top 8 with a win v the Tribe.

You were correct about Central Arkansas. I do not understand it at all inasmuch as they had to rally to beat Nicholls State who barely beat Houston Baptist and Stephen F Austin this year and was trounced by McNeese State 35-0. Nicholls State led 21-14 against UCA in the fourth quarter. How could they move up?
Is it possible they are considering injuries?

UCA would go to #5 and Sammy would go to #7.No change for El Cid at #6 and UR at #8.
With the way the Committee moved the Bizon from #3 to #1 in one shot it 's really hard to tell what could happen.

Last edited:
I don't really understand the movement in the rankings. it's as if the committee just used the STATS ranking the first week and has now done a better job doing more research for subsequent rankings.
From one of the AGS posters:
"Isn't it strange that when the committee released their first ranking and, by their own admission, didn't discuss the rankings at all with each other their ranking resembles the STATS and Coach's poll and now that they've started discussing the merits of each team compared with each other their ranking now resembles the AGS poll more closely?"

But don't we have a serious problem if UCA beats Sam Houston?
I agree with what 32 said on this, if UCA wins I think Sammy and UCA stay ahead of us but UND still below, so in that case we get #8 seed. Since we are in the top 8 right now something has to happen to bump us out. 2 teams ahead of us playing can't move us out, only move us up.

Beside the obvious we need to beat the tribe we really need Sam Houston to win.

That should move us to the opposite side of the bracket as NDSt.

Teams 8-10 are rooting hard for SHSU this week. I don't think any of the top 6 are in danger of losing a seed, even if they lay an egg.

I'd love to see us play Jacksonville State. That would be a very entertaining game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT