ADVERTISEMENT

The Biden Doctrine

Maybe it's time they fought for their own country. I am not responsible for their inability to form a viable government, etc., after two decades of US support, or for their complete collapse in less than a week.

Your attempt to guilt-trip or shame me won't work. I could eat that hearty dinner because my ancestors fought for this country in 1776, 1812 and 1861.
Obviously, you didn’t. And what happened to the World Wars?
I don’t need to put anyone on a guilt trip that thinks they are right.
But, the facts speak for themselves.

Only time will tell if a terrorist breeding ground reoccurs.
General Mark Milley expects Al Qaeda to reemerge in Afghanistan very quickly. It seems someone should have thought about this.

Our allies are calling out the loss of Afghanistan by retreat. Finally, a statesman speaks. Biden has immeasurably hurt this country. Tony Blair said the following:

"The hasty withdrawal had been a “tragic, dangerous, unnecessary” decision that undermined the West’s aims. He accused US President Biden of being motivated by “an imbecilic political slogan about ending ‘the forever wars’, as if our engagement in 2021 was remotely comparable to our commitment 20 or even 10 years ago”.

He really slams Biden...

“In the aftermath of the decision to return Afghanistan to the same group from which the carnage of 9/11 arose, and in a manner which seems almost designed to parade our humiliation, the question which allies and enemies alike pose is: has the West lost its strategic will?

“The world is now uncertain of where the West stands because it is so obvious that the decision to withdraw from Afghanistan in this way was driven not by grand strategy but by politics.”

Reactions: spider fan
Terrorist groups always were going to re-emerge in Afghanistan once we left, unless the Afghanistan military and government did something about it. Unfortunately, that did not happen. Our options always have been to stay forever or to leave eventually.

Most people thought we would eventually leave. The sad part is how poorly the departure was handled with 13 of our service members paying the ultimate price being in a situation that should have been avoided with better planning.

Reactions: Gallipoli
I suspect terrorists will attack us on or about Sept 11, 2021. I hope I am wrong. We are worse off now than anytime in the last 20 years.

I suspect terrorists will attack us on or about Sept 11, 2021. I hope I am wrong. We are worse off now than anytime in the last 20 years.
This is a difficult statement to defend rationally. Less than 20 years ago we were attacked on our own soil and 3,000 people died in one day. We've had two major recessions in the past 12 years; 650,000 people have died during a pandemic in the past year and a half; and a bunch of whackjobs attacked the US Capitol to overthrow the government eight months ago. I'm going to climb out on a limb and say those were all much worse.

This is a difficult statement to defend rationally. Less than 20 years ago we were attacked on our own soil and 3,000 people died in one day. We've had two major recessions in the past 12 years; 650,000 people have died during a pandemic in the past year and a half; and a bunch of whackjobs attacked the US Capitol to overthrow the government eight months ago. I'm going to climb out on a limb and say those were all much worse.
So you could say, because of all those events, "we ARE worse off now than anytime in the last 20 years."

However, I know that is not at all how he meant that sentence.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Our allies are calling out the loss of Afghanistan by retreat. Finally, a statesman speaks. Biden has immeasurably hurt this country. Tony Blair said the following:

"The hasty withdrawal had been a “tragic, dangerous, unnecessary” decision that undermined the West’s aims. He accused US President Biden of being motivated by “an imbecilic political slogan about ending ‘the forever wars’, as if our engagement in 2021 was remotely comparable to our commitment 20 or even 10 years ago”.

He really slams Biden...

“In the aftermath of the decision to return Afghanistan to the same group from which the carnage of 9/11 arose, and in a manner which seems almost designed to parade our humiliation, the question which allies and enemies alike pose is: has the West lost its strategic will?

“The world is now uncertain of where the West stands because it is so obvious that the decision to withdraw from Afghanistan in this way was driven not by grand strategy but by politics.”

Tony Blair should be more concerned about Britain's withdrawals from Afghanistan.

Disgraced leader who mislead Parliament and did the British equivalent of a Trump (who lost all three houses of government) by destroying the Labour Party and being forced to resign.

The 9/11 attacks were carried out by Saudis. Not Afghans.

There is a terrorist attack planned for 9/18, so you might be right there.

Another morning with no American servicemen or women in danger in Afghanistan. Another morning with no money being spent in a futile attempt to prop up a failed, corrupt government that had no support among the native population.

That's the real bottom line. But you keep watching and believing Faux News, the same people who are telling you not to get vaxxinated and that the Orange Cheeto should still be president.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32counter
Tony Blair should be more concerned about Britain's withdrawals from Afghanistan.

Disgraced leader who mislead Parliament and did the British equivalent of a Trump (who lost all three houses of government) by destroying the Labour Party and being forced to resign.

The 9/11 attacks were carried out by Saudis. Not Afghans.

There is a terrorist attack planned for 9/18, so you might be right there.

Another morning with no American servicemen or women in danger in Afghanistan. Another morning with no money being spent in a futile attempt to prop up a failed, corrupt government that had no support among the native population.

That's the real bottom line. But you keep watching and believing Faux News, the same people who are telling you not to get vaxxinated and that the Orange Cheeto should still be president.
It’s scary that you might believe what you are saying.
The U.S troops in South Korea, Germany, Japan, and other foreign states just laugh.
“Oh God, let’s be happy we’re out of Afghanistan.“.
Gosh, did you know that the Taliban‘s new government has no women? WHAT? No diversity?
I’m afraid you’re very naive Wood Hall.

It’s scary that you might believe what you are saying.
The U.S troops in South Korea, Germany, Japan, and other foreign states just laugh.
“Oh God, let’s be happy we’re out of Afghanistan.“.
Gosh, did you know that the Taliban‘s new government has no women? WHAT? No diversity?
I’m afraid you’re very naive Wood Hall.
I did not realize that thousands of US military personnel have been killed or maimed in South Korea, Japan, Germany and Japan by attacks from militarized religious fanatics over the past 20 years, or attacked by suicide bombers, or that those countries did not have stable national governments that have the support of their rank-and-file citizens and thus needed propping up by the US to exist. Thanks for clearing that up.

You're seriously comparing a deployment to Afghanistan to one in Japan or Germany? Good lord.

So it would be OK for president Biden to unfeeze $8 billion ($26 billion in 2021) in Taliban assets to resolve the situation, like Reagan did to secure the release of the Iranian hostages?

Yes, I continue to be happy we are out of Afghanistan. So are most Americans. How many more did you want to die over there?

I did not realize that thousands of US military personnel have been killed or maimed in South Korea, Japan, Germany and Japan by attacks from militarized religious fanatics over the past 20 years, or attacked by suicide bombers, or that those countries did not have stable national governments that have the support of their rank-and-file citizens and thus needed propping up by the US to exist. Thanks for clearing that up.

You're seriously comparing a deployment to Afghanistan to one in Japan or Germany? Good lord.

So it would be OK for president Biden to unfeeze $8 billion ($26 billion in 2021) in Taliban assets to resolve the situation, like Reagan did to secure the release of the Iranian hostages?

Yes, I continue to be happy we are out of Afghanistan. So are most Americans. How many more did you want to die over there?
There’s no talking to someone who thinks that years ago, thousands didn’t die in Japan and Germany, and the friendship we have with them now is due to our presence over the many years.
Go eat dinner with your friends.

Uh, we defeated Germany and Japan. They didn't have a choice about us staying there. South Korea wanted us there.

We didn't win in Afghanistan. And they don't want us there.

You keep watching Faux.

In President Biden's desire to be out of Afghanistan by 9/11, he forget about all of the equipment he left behind.
This is pretty bad.
American helicopters, U.S.-supplied M24 sniper rifles and M18 assault weapons, stacks of other small arms and materiel in unending piles and driving Humvees and other U.S.-made military trucks.
This is pathetic
The Taliban have seized airplanes, tanks and artillery from Afghan outposts and from evacuating U.S. personnel
It`s pretty bad:
The U.S. has also transferred anti-tank missiles, automatic grenade launchers, mortars and rocket-propelled grenades to Afghan forces.
It gets worse :
The U.S. sent nearly 600,000 small arms, 76,000 vehicles and 208 airplanes to Afghanistan’s military and police from 2003 to 2016, according to a 2017 Government Accountability Office report, one of the few such compilations. The most recent quarterly report of the U.S.-led military coalition documented deliveries of 174 Humvees, nearly three million rounds of ammunition, and nearly 100,000 2.75-inch rockets during the period....

In case you were wondering, this came from the Wall Street Journal.

Taliban Seize, Stockpile U.S. Weapons in Afghanistan https://www.wsj.com/articles/taliba...iling-helicopters-guns-and-trucks-11629470916
Biden is President Dementia.

Uh, we defeated Germany and Japan. They didn't have a choice about us staying there. South Korea wanted us there.

You keep watching Faux.
Funny, I was watching CBS. Is that Faux news too?
(I always get amused by people that like to attack Fox News, and wonder who they turn to?
Interesting how many folks have been forced out of CNN and MSNBC for untruthful reporting vs, Fox.
Don‘t believe me- check Google. )
Anyone that trusts that news isn’t slanted now days- one way or the other is naive.

Faux News and why would anyone seek alternatives - are you referring to the opinion “news” hosts or the “news” news hosts? Both have slants but one is a bit more slanted to pseudo news than the other.

Faux News and why would anyone seek alternatives - are you referring to the opinion “news” hosts or the “news” news hosts? Both have slants but one is a bit more slanted to pseudo news than the other.
I seriously think that media journalism has become so completely interested in “ratings” and “scooping “ a story,
that honesty has gone out the winDow.
If you have a degree in journalism from Richmond, with an 4.0 + grade, you’ll get hired, whether you are fair and balanced or nit.

TV networks, starting with Fox years ago, realized that they could cater to people's opinions with talk shows masquerading as actual news. This began the process of people not wanting to have their own personal opinions or beliefs challenged by actual facts. It's now advanced to people loudly defending their opinions even in the face of actual evidence and facts to the contrary. So here we are, a nation of stubborn ass people who believe what they believe and refuse to change no matter what.

Reactions: Spiderwiz
TV networks, starting with Fox years ago, realized that they could cater to people's opinions with talk shows masquerading as actual news. This began the process of people not wanting to have their own personal opinions or beliefs challenged by actual facts. It's now advanced to people loudly defending their opinions even in the face of actual evidence and facts to the contrary. So here we are, a nation of stubborn ass people who believe what they believe and refuse to change no matter what.
I totally agree with you. The unfortunate thing is that the supposedly reputable anchors. like Lester Holt, on NBC are able to manipulate their news casts for their own agenda. That started with Dan Rather: who ended up getting fired because
of some of his misinformation he put out there.

No, the Taliban did not want us there, but the normal Afghanis, including each of the young girls and their mothers, fathers, and brothers, did want us there.

The strategic implications are clear: Biden has destroyed the Atlantic alliance.

Reactions: AnnapSpider
These guys don't want us there. There is a 10M price on his head. By the way, the new interior minister of Afghanistan is a wanted terrorist.

@@screenshot.gif

Last edited:
Concerning journalism and TV "reporting" Joe Nettles was the best. Make certain what you are about to report is "absolutely true". Sadly in this day of moral relativism many have no objective standard for "truth". Instead "truth" is defined as whatever they want it to be.

Concerning journalism and TV "reporting" Joe Nettles was the best. Make certain what you are about to report is "absolutely true". Sadly in this day of moral relativism many have no objective standard for "truth". Instead "truth" is defined as whatever they want it to be.
The hostage situation is most telling. The word games from this administration cannot hide the facts and the deeds. This author calls it a hostage crisis.

Last edited:
Commercial flights now leaving from Kabul, with US citizens and Afghan nationals on board. You must be disappointed.

Ooopsie, Biden droned an aide worker loading water bottles in his car. Apparently, the US aid worker lost a lot of water.

Last edited:
Ooopsie, Biden droned an aide worker loading water bottles in his car. Apparently, the US aid worker lost a lot of water.

So, by that logic George Bush killed Pat Tillman. Why would he kill an American hero?

Only if they tracked him in his car for 3 hours, flew a drone over his head and pulled the trigger.
Why do you hate the military? Do you think they did this on purpose? Did Reagan kill the Marines in Beirut on purpose?

Calling non sequitur.

US initiated mistaken, tragic attack on innocents in Afghanistan. Terrorists initiated attack on Marines in Lebanon. The former was a mistake, the latter deliberate. Apples and oranges.

The hostages don't have the proper paperwork.

“Anyone who carries valid travel documents, passports, visa will be allowed to travel,” Taliban spokesman Qari Yousef Ahmadi said Thursday. “They will be allowed to proceed after going through the legal process.”

In the northern city of Mazar-e Sharif, a number of planes chartered to evacuate at-risk Afghans have been stuck on the tarmac for days. Organizers of that evacuation effort say the Taliban has not granted the planes permission to take off. The Taliban said technical issues and the lack of fully functioning Interior and Foreign ministries have held up the effort."

“It’s my understanding that the Taliban has not denied exit to anyone holding a valid document, but they have said those without valid documents, at this point, can’t leave,” Blinken said in a news conference in Doha."

The visa documents require a valid, in person, interview from embassy staff, the closing person is in Qatar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT