ADVERTISEMENT

The Biden Doctrine

They were Al Qaeda, not Taliban. They also did not use their own military aircraft, or those left by the US in another country. And they didn't fly from Afghan bases, across thousands of miles of US-defended airspace, to attack our country.......
In case you missed it, this quote encapsulates the entire reason we were in Afghanistan. President Biden said this in his August 16 speech to the nation.

"Our only vital national interest in Afghanistan remains today what it has always been: preventing a terrorist attack on American homeland."

Then he said "I'm tired can I have a nap time Auntie Doctor Jill?"

Joe is super confused. He was before the invasion, before he was against it.
"Whatever we do in Afghanistan, whether it involves the commitment of military, political or humanitarian assets, must be geared toward a long-term solution," Biden said on Oct. 3, 2001. "We cannot repeat the mistakes of the past. If we think only in the short-term, only of getting bin Laden and the Taliban, which we must do, we just are begging for greater trouble down the line."

Wow, it just kills the MAGGATS that Biden finally got our people out and ended the war when the great Orange Cheeto couldn't, and a wide majority of Americans approve.

Now tell us that vaccinations and masks are bad. Or that the Orange Cheeto really should be president.

Yes, Wood, it was extraordinary success. Bases abandoned before personnel were evacuated. Afgans tumbling to their deaths from several thousand feet as US planes took off, 13 needless US military deaths and scores more wounded, hundreds of US citizens abandoned along with European and Afgan allies. Don't know how it could have gone much better. An extraordinary success.

It is calling peeing on someone's leg and telling them it is raining.

Reactions: Gallipoli
So MR Orange head signed the deal with the Tallyband in Feb 2020.

What did MR Orange head and his lap dog Pompeo do between that date and January 20,2021

Plan the insurrection? Pre election strategies on voter fraud In an attempt to overturn the election?

Or tell people to swallow bleach and watch 600,000 people die with dumbass daily press briefings.

Orange head and lap dog Pompeo had plenty of time to totally evacuate Afghanistan.

Their lack of male genitalia prevented themselves from doing real work.

Couple that with a total lack of Covid management by MR Orange head and his advisors who were a bunch of unqualified hacks.

Stephen Miller,the neoNazi working for MR Orange Head,despised any immigrant,especially those with beards and strange garb from the Middle East.MR Orange head would have had to deal with these dirty and untrustworthy immigrants if he totally closed shop in Afghanistan.That would have pissed off his undereducated, paranoid followers especially with the election around the corner.These damn immigrants like all immigrants are nothing but USA job stealers,rapists,drug addicts and non-believer A-rabs.

Last edited:
First off, great news that your newphews made it out safely and I am greatful for their service.

Here's an idea. Maybe Biden could have taken his Tailban buddies up on the offer for the US to keep control of Kabul to ensure an easier, safer trip to the airport out of the city. Maybe he could have found some way to not let not let Taliban have billions of dollars of military equipment including Blackhawk helicopters. Instead he tries and deflect blame for his terrible decision making on the deal trump made with the Taliban. That holds no water because Trumps deal was conditioned based. The taliban violated the conditions therefore voiding the agreement. This is Biden's disaster. He has made the entire western world far less safe.

And how about Joe checking his watch at the dignified transfer of the 13 heros killed at the Kabul Airport. So the answer to your question is no, Joe couldn't respect the fallen soldiers. Despicable.
Got any more falsehoods to spread? Trump gonna be president again, try that one, you suckers fall for it every time.

Hard to believe Pompeo was the First Captain of the Corps of Cadets at West Point. Maybe the worst in USMA history, and one of the few to 5-and-fly to chase a paycheck.

Last edited:
Got any more falsehoods to spread? Trump gonna be president again, try that one, you suckers fall for it every time.
How about this falsehood:
There's a lot of talk in Democratic circles these days about vulnerable 2022 candidates beginning to distance themselves from President Joe Biden amid his faltering poll numbers on both how he has handled Afghanistan and his overall job performance.

"I believe that the evacuation process appears to have been egregiously mishandled," wrote Pennsylvania Rep. Susan Wild in a tweet late last week. (Biden won Wild's district with just 52% of the vote in 2020.)

"Many of us are deeply frustrated that we could not evacuate all Americans who wanted to leave Afghanistan," tweeted New Jersey Rep. Andy Kim on Monday. "Now we need to hear specifics on what the plan is to get them out and continue support for Afghan partners." (Donald Trump carried Kim's 3rd District by 0.2 percentage point in 2020.)

Bet those Congresspeople won't be exiled from their party for expressing their opinion, unlike Liz Cheney and others were from theirs, for having the gall to say that Trump lost the election and sparked a terrorist attack on the US capitol.

Nobody will care about Afghanistan in a month, other than celebrating every day that we are out of that shithole.

Trump still gonna be president?

Nobody will care about Afghanistan in a month, other than celebrating every day that we are out of that shithole.
How many Anne Franks are there tonight in Afghanistan? How many Anne Franks are hiding in cellars all across the country today? What about the people left behind, not the 124,000 who’ve been evacuated to safety. What about the millions who now have had genocide unleashed upon them.

What type of country would leave its allies so desperate for support that they attach themselves to airplanes before falling to their deaths?

Last edited:
Not sure why you assume I'm a "Jan 6th supporter." You appear to be living in an alternate reality.

I'm fully aware that the main reason the Taliban have so much American hardware is that we occupied that damn place for nearly 20 years, with poor oversight and controls, mission creep, etc. We've been arming warlords with questionable loyalties the whole time. They didn't just get it all in the past two weeks.

But those other guys didn't say a Taliban takeover was highly unlikely, and that "under no circumstances" would we see helicopter evacuations of the Embassy, and that the Afghan military outnumbered the Taliban 4-1 and was one of the "best equipped in the world" - less than two months ago.

Reactions: Spider B
fwiw -

NEW YORK, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Less than 40% of Americans approve of President Joe Biden's handling of the U.S. military withdrawal from Afghanistan, and three quarters wanted U.S. forces to remain in the country until all American civilians could get out, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Monday.

The national survey, conducted Aug. 27-30, found that 51% disapproved of Biden's approach to the pullout while 38% approved.

Bottom line is that if the Afghan military had done what all of our military officials on the ground expected it to do – stand up and defend its people the way we had trained it to do the past 20 years – we're not having this conversation. We would have been able to draw down our troops, get out EVERYONE who wanted to get out and meet the deadline set by Trump or the later one set by Biden.

Now, should Biden have realized that in fact the Afghan military and government was going to collapse at the first sign of trouble and leave us to handle everything ourselves? I don't have enough info to know. If he was receiving reports that suggested this was a very real or imminent possibility, then he's completely fair game to question or blame. I have no problem with people who want to criticize him even if that wasn't the case for how he handled some things after the collapse.

I just find it disingenuous to ignore the fact that the entire reason we felt comfortable leaving this year was because we had finally stood up a competent military there that could defend itself, and then at the first sign of crisis, that military crumbled and left us alone to handle things.

Part of the problem was Biden's insistence on an 8/31 withdrawal date with no deviation no matter how much dynamics on the ground changed. 66,000 members of Afghan military died during the course of the war, then Biden withdrew air support without even telling the Afghan government he was going to do so. Their military functioned because of our support. The collapse was inevitable.

Didn't work well for the 13 servicemembers needlessly killed because of our rush to the exit and ignoring security. Nobody is criticizing the troops who served; the criticism is directed at the Commander-in-Chief's handling of the withdrawal. Blaming Trump is a nonstarter: it is laughable that Biden who couldn't change Trump's policies fast enough now claims "It's Trump's fault."

Orange Cheeto had four years to get the troops out. He failed. Biden did it in less than eight months, despite being hamstrung by the "peace" treat Cheeto and Pompeo signed with the Taliban.

"Ignoring security." That's rich. There was nothing anyone could have done to prevent a dedicated suicide bomber packed with explosives from doing what he did.

As a previous poster who has actually been to Afghanistan and knows what it's like over there, you have no idea WTF you're talking about. This wasn't organizing lines at 6 Flags or Disney World. The fact that people were willing to hold on to an airplane in an attempt to get out shows how desperate the situation was.

I hope some of you guys care about the 125,000 Afghans coming to this country to start new lives as much as you seem to about those still in country. Judging from the conservative right's treatment of Vietnamese, Somali, Syrian and Central American refugees, I'm not very hopeful.

Biden did say he was going to build back better. He has certainly kept the promise. His buddies the Taliban are back better than ever with more advanced military equipment than ever. He also handed them a massive hostage situation that I'm sure they will exploit. Well done Joe! Spot on as usual. A massive success.

Bottom line is that if the Afghan military had done what all of our military officials on the ground expected it to do – stand up and defend its people the way we had trained it to do the past 20 years – we're not having this conversation. We would have been able to draw down our troops, get out EVERYONE who wanted to get out and meet the deadline set by Trump or the later one set by Biden.

Now, should Biden have realized that in fact the Afghan military and government was going to collapse at the first sign of trouble and leave us to handle everything ourselves? I don't have enough info to know. If he was receiving reports that suggested this was a very real or imminent possibility, then he's completely fair game to question or blame. I have no problem with people who want to criticize him even if that wasn't the case for how he handled some things after the collapse.

I just find it disingenuous to ignore the fact that the entire reason we felt comfortable leaving this year was because we had finally stood up a competent military there that could defend itself, and then at the first sign of crisis, that military crumbled and left us alone to handle things.
Watch his press conference of July 8. The media had the story, whether they got it from military, intelligence, leaks...our officials were predicting the fall. He pushed back..."not true...not gonna happen...highly unlikely."

(Wood Hall - "Ignoring security." That's rich. There was nothing anyone could have done to prevent a dedicated suicide bomber packed with explosives from doing what he did.)

What an attitude. No need to bother to explain about secure perimeters and vetting people closely, according to you it's all inevitable. No defense against IED's or dedicated suicide bombers. Hmmm, why did the U.S. take out a car shortly after that incident thought to be packed with explosives? Maybe that driver wasn't "dedicated" enough?

MR Orange head and lap dog Pompeo and neo Nazi Stephen Miller could care less about anything Afghanistan as a country or its people.

If you were withdrawing from a country, I bet you would have been smart enough to know to leave your military in place until the last American or AfghanistanIan associate was safely out of the country. And, I doubt that you would have allowed a terrorist regime to set your deadline.
I could be wrong.

Reactions: spider fan
If you were withdrawing from a country, I bet you would have been smart enough to know to leave your military in place until the last American or AfghanistanIan associate was safely out of the country. And, I doubt that you would have allowed a terrorist regime to set your deadline.
I could be wrong.
As if that were humanly possible, in any world, much less the Trump-still-is-president world many of you live in.

MR Orange head and lap dog Pompeo and neo Nazi Stephen Miller could care less about anything Afghanistan as a country or its people.
As if that were humanly possible, in any world, much less the Trump-still-is-president world many of you live in.
Are the two of you related? Joined at the hip? Conjoined twins? Do the two of you know each other offline?

Last edited:
What, using logic?
No one said a thing about Trump. Why the need to bring him into the conversation.
Could it be you are frantically looking for a scapegoat. One that even the Pope has just
criticized,

Not logic. It is deflection. Blame anyone other the individual directly responsible for this "extraordinary success".

We sit here in comfort posting to a sports board of of a small university while 100s of our fellow citizens, abandoned by our government, are terrified behind enemy lines. Not an overly partisan guy, but find this unacceptable. Deplorable actually.

The State Department estimates there are less than 200 US citizens still in country. Many enjoy dual citizenship, are there by their own choice and plan to stay.

The GQP wanted a withdrawal for months, but the Cheeto couldn't do it. Now all in a sudden a withdrawal is unacceptable. Typical GQP hypocrites.

No US servicemen or women left in country after 20 years of war. More than 125,000 friendlies evacuated. Keep bloviating. I'll take the results.

The State Department is an organ of the incumbent Administration, regardless of party. Their estimates are refuted by multiple news sources domestic and foreign.

As to Cheeto not withdrawing US troops, the obvious question is why did not President Obama and VP Biden when they had 8 years to do so?

Not a political issue as you insist on making it. Competency issue. Other than partisans, overwhelming majority do not see this as an "extraordinary success".

I'm making it a political issue? I didn't start the thread by claiming Biden "cut and run."

We are out after 20 years. So are 125K Afghans, the largest such withdrawal of friendlies in US history. Ask them if it was a success.

And please don't tell me Cheeto would have secured the airport. He couldn't even secure the US Capitol from GQP terrorists who wanted to hang a vice-president from their own party.

The State Department estimates there are less than 200 US citizens still in country. Many enjoy dual citizenship, are there by their own choice and plan to stay.
32, It is foolish of you to believe anything this government says. The numbers they are peddling are false. This is a form of disinformation meant for consumption by the Taliban. Those people are now either hostages or they are dead. If Biden transfers money for hostages, he will be impeached.

This president is now a wounded animal,,,

"The president’s people think this will all just go away and are understandably trying to change the subject. But the essence of the story will linger. Its reverberations will play out for years. There are Americans and American friends behind Taliban lines. The stories will roll out in infuriating, sometimes heartbreaking ways. The damage to the president is different and deeper than his people think, because it hit at his reputational core, at how people understand him.*

Wood, your defeatist attitude is symbolic of the current administration. Very dangerous to the country and world. Our military could have gotten anyone out that they wanted to. The issue is leadership, or lack thereof.

2CARTOON-9.3.21-9.3.21-9.jpg

The GQP position of Afghanistan:

We need to fight them there so we don't have to fight them here.
Also: No more foreign adventures. Bring the troops home.
Also: Bring them home now!
Also: Why did you bring them home so quickly?
Also: Save the refugees!
Also: We don't want your refugees!
Also: Send more troops!
Also: Don't send more troops!
Also: The government can't make me socially distance!
Also: Why didn't the government make all those NGOs leave sooner?
Also: No one deployed to a war zone better die!

“President Biden should withdraw troops in Afghanistan by May 1, as the Trump administration planned, but better late than never. It’s time for this forever war to end,” said John Hawley on April 13. Of course, now that they are home he's changed his tune, like the hypocrite he is.

Reactions: 32counter
The American people have not received any straight answers from this administration. They dissemble and distort facts. There is only the narrative. The most telling is how they revealed the attack by the presidents dog (Major), on a secret service agent. If they lie about small issues, how can they be trusted with big issues?

I believe you can look at the statements of all of Trump's press secretaries and find a lie or fifteen. In fact, even the kids got into it ...“If my father travels, they stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping,” Trump’s son Eric said in a Yahoo Finance interview last year (2019).

Beyond that, I have yet to find an administration that hasn't obfuscated to the point of a number of statements being lies with some being much bigger than others. It doesn't make it right but let's put the issue in context.

Reactions: Eight Legger
More falsehoods.

Believe the thrust of the article you cite. $80 to $89 billion is a gross over estimate. Also, believe, or at at a minimum hope, we all agree that whatever the Taliban captured does not speak well of our withdrawal strategy.

Basic military dictum is to never allow lethal weapons and equipment to fall into enemy hands. US totally controlled the skies. When it became obvious Afghan National Security Forces were not going to seriously fight (known weeks in advance of the fall of Kabul. See Biden call to Ghani in mid-July), why did we not destroy the hardware as it was captured?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT