ADVERTISEMENT

The Biden Doctrine

Ruh-roh, even the WSJ says the economy is booming. More bad news for Biden.

And what in the world has Biden done to cause it to be booming? I guess failing to get his agenda passed would
be considered a plus to most economist.

Reactions: Spider B
Found this insightful and data driven from Matt Vespa, obviously a conservative:

"White college-educated liberals have zero patience or tolerance for people who aren't like them. In fact, they hate people who aren't like them. Not only are these people wrong if they disagree with them, but it also goes deeper into questions of morality and character for these people. The level of emotionalism is so high that it leads to tantrums that would drive away any voter with a conscience. Even attempts at debate are seen as enabling white supremacy.

The far left is so fixated on pronouns and problems that aren't based in reality that it's starting to make nonwhite voters vote Republican. And if white and nonwhite working-class voters start to vote for the GOP in near equal numbers, well—electoral pain is what's in store for the Democratic Party."

There are real data to support Vespa's assertion. Glenn Youngkin (R), Governor elect of Virginia, won a majority of the Latino vote which has stunned and unnerved the Democrat National Committee.

"GQP" comments are divisive, most unhelpful in promoting the general welfare, and hurt the cause of those who utter them.

We can hold different views without denigrating those with whom we disagree. Historically, it has been the American way. Sincerely hope our veering away from this principle is short lived.

Reactions: Gallipoli
As opposed to high-school educated/dropout white supremacists, who are renowned for their acceptance and tolerance of opposing views. Those Nazi guys in Charlottesville seemed especially open-minded.

Howdy Doody did not win Virginia's Latino vote, not by a long shot.

Wood,

Not sure how Nazis got dragged into our conversation. There are plenty of folk (too many), Right and Left, who vilify, even demonize those who hold opposing views. My point is this approach on major issues is remarkably unhelpful in making this a better society for everyone.

As to the article you cite, it tries to muddy the water regarding the Latino vote in VA governor's race. Edison Research polls for ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN. Their polling record is very poor in presidential and gubernatorial races. Unsurprising they would provide a counter argument re: Latino vote because the AP poll was a stunner and could not be allowed to stand unchallenged.

Believe either poll that makes you feel most comfortable. But most of the article dealt with an identifiable trend, agreed upon by both sides, that as Democrats keep marching left, they are losing Latino voters in droves. This is not speculation, it is a fact supported by hard data in recent elections and it is, and rightfully should be, extremely concerning to Democrats.

Wood, you are a good and loyal Spider who knows Oregon politics, but not that of West Virginia. 180 degrees out of phase on this. In 2020 Presidential election, Trump won WVA 68.6% to 29.7%. Ouch! Would be political suicide for Manchin to support the Build Back Better BS Bill.

Sure the counter will be that WVA residents are voting against their own best interests, but they get to decide for themselves in a free country.
Is Wood Hall from Oregon?

For Wood to answer the "from", but he currently resides there.

As to seepage of Democrat Latino support, this article from today, 12/26, in The Hill written by two Dem operatives paints the picture quite clearly:

For Wood to answer the "from", but he currently resides there.

As to seepage of Democrat Latino support, this article from today, 12/26, in The Hill written by two Dem operatives paints the picture quite clearly:

The most difficult position to be in, in the USA is a conservative African-American.
You’re an Uncle Tom, Oreo, beholden to caucasians, can’t think for yourself, or as Joe Biden
said, if you aren’t for him, you aren’t black.

The most difficult position to be in, in the USA is a conservative African-American.
You’re an Uncle Tom, Oreo, beholden to caucasians, can’t think for yourself, or as Joe Biden
said, if you aren’t for him, you aren’t black.
And no white people in your party want blacks like you to vote.

And no white people in your party want blacks like you to vote.
you are full of it. I read all your posts, and occasionally your comments make me step back and think deeper. But then you make a comment like this and you loose all credibility.

So all these changes to the voting process in Georgia, Texas and elsewhere to supposedly protect against the fraud that never happened are meant to make it more difficult and inconvenient for white people to vote? Sure they are.

Lot of errors here. You may want to consider some alternative sources for information.
Please point out the errors.

Have not Georgia, Texas and other GOP state made changes to electoral laws that will disproportionally impact blacks and other minorities by making it harder and more inconvenient for them to vote?

Why have GOP states made substantive changes to voting rules after a record turnout in an election that Trump's own AG and director of cyber/election security said was the most secure in US history? Do they think high turnouts are bad?

Tell me why even a phony, totally uncredible news service like Fox has gone out of its way to apologize to Dominion, and why the judicial system has refused to dismiss Dominion's lawsuits against Fox and Trump's incredibility stupid Four Seasons legal team?

You guys need to stop watching Fox, Newsmax and OAN. Those guys are poison to the country and filling your heads with garbage. Or do you seriously believe the GOP talking points that the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was a left-wing, false flag operation, like Fox contends? Or that Trump actually won the election? Or that Covid is a hoax?

Reactions: VT4700
Please point out the errors.

Have not Georgia, Texas and other GOP state made changes to electoral laws that will disproportionally impact blacks and other minorities by making it harder and more inconvenient for them to vote?

Why have GOP states made substantive changes to voting rules after a record turnout in an election that Trump's own AG and director of cyber/election security said was the most secure in US history? Do they think high turnouts are bad?

Tell me why even a phony, totally uncredible news service like Fox has gone out of its way to apologize to Dominion, and why the judicial system has refused to dismiss Dominion's lawsuits against Fox and Trump's incredibility stupid Four Seasons legal team?

You guys need to stop watching Fox, Newsmax and OAN. Those guys are poison to the country and filling your heads with garbage. Or do you seriously believe the GOP talking points that the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was a left-wing, false flag operation, like Fox contends? Or that Trump actually won the election? Or that Covid is a hoax?
It’s pretty interesting how many black politicians got elected and put in leadership roles , and even had an African Americans President, before the left needed a new “cause celebre” which Covid was a perfect excuse to be used.
That poor old African American President didn’t even realize there was an election problem, and he won two terms.

Wood Hall, I’ll ask Senator Tim Scott how he won with geniuses telling him he couldn’t win because of “white folk”.

People like you cause the decisiveness this country is dealing with.

It’s pretty interesting how many black politicians got elected and put in leadership roles , and even had an African Americans President, before the left needed a new “cause celebre” which Covid was a perfect excuse to be used.
That poor old African American President didn’t even realize there was an election problem, and he won two terms.

Wood Hall, I’ll ask Senator Tim Scott how he won with geniuses telling him he couldn’t win because of “white folk”.

People like you cause the decisiveness this country is dealing with.
Deflect, deflect, deflect.

How about an answer? Tell me why there needed to be any election-law changes after the safest election in US history, which also generated one of the largest turnouts in US history?

Because the GOP got its ass kicked, that's why. Can't have that happen again, so let's make it more difficult for many of the people who vote for Democrats, ie minorities, to vote by starting the Jim Crow II era in voting rights.

BTW, "people like me" didn't invade the US Capitol and try to overthrow the government by preventing the certification of a legally-elected President. "People like me" didn't spread the lies that the election was fraudulent, or that vaccines aren't safe, or that Covid is a hoax, or Jewish lasers from space, or any other of the nonsense distributed daily by the right-wing screech machine.

"People like me" don't support idiots like Greene, Cauthorn, Bobert, Johnson, Jordan, Cruz, Hawley et all. And "people like me" didn't murder a Minneapolis citizen in broad daylight by suffocating him, or chase down an innocent jogger and murder him with a shotgun.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

How about an answer? Tell me why there needed to be any election-law changes after the safest election in US history, which also generated one of the largest turnouts in US history?

Because the GOP got its ass kicked, that's why. Can't have that happen again, so let's make it more difficult for many of the people who vote for Democrats, ie minorities, to vote by starting the Jim Crow II era in voting rights.

BTW, "people like me" didn't invade the US Capitol and try to overthrow the government by preventing the certification of a legally-elected President. "People like me" didn't spread the lies that the election was fraudulent, or that vaccines aren't safe, or that Covid is a hoax, or Jewish lasers from space, or any other of the nonsense distributed daily by the right-wing screech machine.

"People like me" don't support idiots like Greene, Cauthorn, Bobert, Johnson, Jordan, Cruz, Hawley et all. And "people like me" didn't murder a Minneapolis citizen in broad daylight by suffocating him, or chase down an innocent jogger and murder him with a shotgun.
I do‘t bother with people like you. You live in a world where life is always a problem.

I guess when you can't answer the question because the facts do not suit you, you have to throw out the "I don't bother with people like you" crap, right?

Last edited:
Or, fan1, the problem could be people like you who show their dislike for someone by waiting till I post anything to make a cute little comment like that. Wood Hall asked more than once for an answer, which seems fair if you are debating someone. But, fine, fan1, out of all the chances on here to make that cute little comment, get on me if it makes you feel better. And, I have posted very little lately, but you wait till you find me posting in this thread, the off topic thread, to say that? And, maybe you think it is okay for Republicans to make all these laws to make it harder for blacks and other minorities to vote, but I sure as hell don't. It's pretty damn pathetic, and it bothers the hell out of me, so, yes, I commented on the fact that the other poster had no answer for that. Your reply had nothing to do with anything and was totally uncalled for. Do better.

Last edited:
Or, fan1, the problem could be people like you who show their dislike for someone by waiting till I post anything to make a cute little comment like that. Wood Hall asked more than once for an answer, which seems fair if you are debating someone. But, fine, fan1, out of all the chances on here to make that cute little comment, get on me if it makes you feel better. And, I have posted very little lately, but you wait till you find me posting in this thread, the off topic thread, to say that? And, maybe you think it is okay for Republicans to make all these laws to make it harder for blacks and other minorities to vote, but I sure as hell don't. It's pretty damn pathetic, and it bothers the hell out of me, so, yes, I commented on the fact that the other poster had no answer for that. Your reply had nothing to do with anything and was totally uncalled for. Do better.
Not sure, but believe you missed the point. There are strongly ingrained beliefs on both sides of this argument. That’s all he is saying, not attacking you.

Reactions: KE Spider
I guess when you can't answer the question because the facts do not suit you, you have to throw out the "I don't bother with people like you" crap, right?
Why would I want to debate anyone who is so set in their ways that they’d never consider the other side?
Tell me a case where someone’s voting rights were prevented. It sounds good to minorities who have had that
happen to them in the past. But, it wasn’t even a conversation until Covid came along.
Tell me where people were prevented from voting for President Obama.

why do you feel that comment was directed at you?

Fan1, thanks for all you do here on Spidernation.com. I'm sure the worst part to your unpaid job as moderator of this board is having to deal with clowns like VT. Thanks again for all you do.

Thanks B, I have a fairly thick skin and don't take much personally. I do realize we're here because we are Spider fans and sometimes our passion outweighs our reasoning -- myself included.

Reactions: localspider
Why would I want to debate anyone who is so set in their ways that they’d never consider the other side?
Tell me a case where someone’s voting rights were prevented. It sounds good to minorities who have had that
happen to them in the past. But, it wasn’t even a conversation until Covid came along.
Tell me where people were prevented from voting for President Obama.
You are hurting your argument here. If no one's voting rights have been prevented, why are the Republicans making so many new laws THIS year? Easy answer. To prevent minorities from voting in future elections. How can you justify removing so many drop boxes? Is that supposed to make it easier to vote? Seriously?

why do you feel that comment was directed at you?
Because I posted at 1:50 am, and the next post was yours at 6:07. And, you have a history of letting other posts go without commenting, and then saying something about mine. But, whatever makes you happy I guess.

Fan1, thanks for all you do here on Spidernation.com. I'm sure the worst part to your unpaid job as moderator of this board is having to deal with clowns like VT. Thanks again for all you do.
Deal with me? Seriously? How exactly do I make his job harder? I've never been banned and never done anything to deserve a ban. I follow the rules on here, unlike numerous others. So, maybe it is others on here who make his job frustrating?

Because I posted at 1:50 am, and the next post was yours at 6:07. And, you have a history of letting other posts go without commenting, and then saying something about mine. But, whatever makes you happy I guess.
sorry you think I have it out for you --- not the case, don't always agree but enjoy many of your posts, love your passion -- never said I'm perfect

You are hurting your argument here. If no one's voting rights have been prevented, why are the Republicans making so many new laws THIS year? Easy answer. To prevent minorities from voting in future elections. How can you justify removing so many drop boxes? Is that supposed to make it easier to vote? Seriously?
Well, that is certainly the narrative on the Left, but don't believe facts support it. It is a myth like Russian collusion rolled out to sow discord and dissention for political gain. In this instance to spur minority turnout in 2022. Get it. All is fair in politics, but need to recognize it for what it is.

The reforms seek not to dilute minority voter participation, but to ensure that every legal vote is accurately counted...and those that aren't legal are not. You are opposed to this?

For example, the Georgia law that caused so much angst and loss of MLB All Star Game is in many ways more accommodating of voters than the voting laws of the President's home state. Is Delaware suppressing minority participation too? They are by your definition.

BTW: If you plan to attend the next Democrat National Convention be sure to bring a photo ID. Without one, no one has been allowed to enter the convention hall for a few election cycles. Hypocrisy?

Last edited:
Rating of Washington Examiner:

No. In fact, it is not really a “news source.”

They merely take the news from other popular resources, and then re-write it, adding a conservative “spin” to the event. It is a propaganda tool, designed to sway people’s opinion.

It currently ranks as at the “far right” to “extremist” in ranking, according to Media Bias Fact Check.

“They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.”

main-qimg-88f3d24bafbda982f20381ed80063f6c

When it comes to the reporting of facts, they were given a rating of “Mixed.”

This means they do on occasion report some facts (but always with a spin). They have also been caught publishing fictional stories, or outright lies.

They are one of the worst examples of media, and they cannot be described as “news” because of the fictional items and the lies.

Why have there been so many changes having been made to voting?
To get more voters than 3rd world countries?
Drop boxes- why are there drop boxes in the first place? Could it be so
that you insure the lazy vote too?
Drop boxes- a Democratic idea to get more votes, because Lord knows
people were being held back from going to the polls.
Constantly adding ways to get people to vote, isn’t a guarantee of anything.
Just ask the new Governor and Lt. Governor of the State of Virginia.

Rating of Washington Examiner:

No. In fact, it is not really a “news source.”

They merely take the news from other popular resources, and then re-write it, adding a conservative “spin” to the event. It is a propaganda tool, designed to sway people’s opinion.

It currently ranks as at the “far right” to “extremist” in ranking, according to Media Bias Fact Check.

“They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.”

main-qimg-88f3d24bafbda982f20381ed80063f6c

When it comes to the reporting of facts, they were given a rating of “Mixed.”

This means they do on occasion report some facts (but always with a spin). They have also been caught publishing fictional stories, or outright lies.

They are one of the worst examples of media, and they cannot be described as “news” because of the fictional items and the lies.
"Media Bias/Fact Check is a widely cited source for news stories and even studies about misinformation, despite the fact that its method is in no way scientific."[3] In 2018, the Columbia Journalism Review described Media Bias/Fact Check as an amateur attempt at categorizing media bias and Van Zandt as an "armchair media analyst".[2]
Source: " The Poynter Institute for Media Studies a non-profit journalism school and research organization in St. Petersburg, Florida. The school is the owner of the Tampa Bay Times newspaper and the International Fact-Checking Network[2][3] and operates PolitiFact.

Fan1, often hard to believe whose facts to believe. Very data driven so struggle with this all the time, but study both sides of the issues from left and right sources.

Stand by Post 469.

Last edited:
Voting is the most precious right of our democracy, its very foundation. Therefore it should be made as convenient as possible, so more people participate in our elections. Even though my guy didn't win, it's good for Virginia that so many people participated in the election. Decisions should be made by the many, not the few.

(And how interesting McAuliffe didn't make charges of fraud, or say the election was stolen, etc. etc. He accepted his loss like an adult, conceded to his opponent and wished him well, unlike someone else.)

Vote by mail and convenient drop boxes increase turnout. That's a good thing. All elections in my state have been vote by mail in my state for more than two decades, proposed and endorsed by both parties. There are probably 25 drop boxes throughout my county. It is safe and convenient. No fraud.

"Lazy" voters, that's hilarious. You mean people who don't want to stand in line for 2-3 hours on election day (or more, in some instances) are lazy? Or people who have to drive 1-2 hours to their poling place?

Am I "lazy" because I pay taxes by mail instead of taking them down to county office? Am I "lazy" because I shop on line instead of going to the store? Am I "lazy" because I pay my utility and other bills on line, instead of going to the business itself?

"Lazy" voters, you've outdone yourself there.

VBM also prevents a major weather event (flood, hurricane, tornado, blizzard, take your pick) on election day from preventing people from voting.

Last edited:
"Voting is the most precious right of our democracy, its very foundation." agree 100%, and that is why we should be doing what is necessary to make sure all votes are legitimate. Never claimed that there was widespread fraud, but without a doubt, the less in person voting the Easier it is for fraud. Open the polls for early voting, fine by me, establish very secure mail in procedures for certain situations, fine by me. But since the right to vote is so precious, and qualifications to vote are so easy:
1. Be a citizen
2. Be 18 yrs old
3. Register
We should at least make sure every qualified voter's vote counts the same.

Reactions: whampas

I totally agree with that. Start by abolishing the Electoral College, so a person's vote in Wyoming counts the same as a person's vote in Washington state. The person with the most votes should win, the same as every other election in the United States.

Voting is the most precious right of our democracy, its very foundation. Therefore it should be made as convenient as possible, so more people participate in our elections. Even though my guy didn't win, it's good for Virginia that so many people participated in the election. Decisions should be made by the many, not the few.

(And how interesting McAuliffe didn't make charges of fraud, or say the election was stolen, etc. etc. He accepted his loss like an adult, conceded to his opponent and wished him well, unlike someone else.)

Vote by mail and convenient drop boxes increase turnout. That's a good thing. All elections in my state have been vote by mail in my state for more than two decades, proposed and endorsed by both parties. There are probably 25 drop boxes throughout my county. It is safe and convenient. No fraud.

"Lazy" voters, that's hilarious. You mean people who don't want to stand in line for 2-3 hours on election day (or more, in some instances) are lazy? Or people who have to drive 1-2 hours to their poling place?

Am I "lazy" because I pay taxes by mail instead of taking them down to county office? Am I "lazy" because I shop on line instead of going to the store? Am I "lazy" because I pay my utility and other bills on line, instead of going to the business itself?

"Lazy" voters, you've outdone yourself there.

VBM also prevents a major weather event (flood, hurricane, tornado, blizzard, take your pick) on election day from preventing people from voting.
Maybe people should go door to door and pick-up peoples votes. Then they could turn on their dvr’s and walk to their front door to vote.
You are so naive and lacking knowledge about voting that you are a perfect foil for the Democratic Party.
Read your history and you’ll find stories of people riding horses for half a day to vote.
I have no time for people that pretend they care about voting, but really only care about their “party”.
And I say that regarding both parties. I have been an independent ,my entire adult life (I’m 73) and frankly
think both parties should be disbanded.

Reactions: Spiders4ever

I totally agree with that. Start by abolishing the Electoral College, so a person's vote in Wyoming counts the same as a person's vote in Washington state. The person with the most votes should win, the same as every other election in the United States.
Fundamental misunderstanding of our founding civics. The House was designed to represent the People. The Senate was designed to represent the States. After all, the original states created the Federal government, not vice versa. The Constitution enumerates limited powers to the Federal government, everything else falls under the Tenth Amendment.

The 17th Amendment adopted in another era of Progressivism bastardized the system. Most decisions should be made as close to the Citizenry as possible - the local and state level, not in DC.

Fundamental misunderstanding of our founding civics. The House was designed to represent the People. The Senate was designed to represent the States. After all, the original states created the Federal government, not vice versa. The Constitution enumerates limited powers to the Federal government, everything else falls under the Tenth Amendment.

The 17th Amendment adopted in another era of Progressivism bastardized the system. Most decisions should be made as close to the Citizenry as possible - the local and state level, not in DC.
I wonder if he knows the difference between a republic and a democracy?

Reactions: 3genspider
The electoral college was a contrivance to protect the power of the slaves states. It has no use in 21st-century America.

It's great that people used to ride their horses to vote. Read your history and you'll find that people once didn't have electricity or running water. Once blacks or native Americans were not considered citizens. Once women could not vote.

So, the direct election of Senators "bastardized" the system? You must have also loved the Dred Scott and Plessy vs. Ferguson decisions, too. Got a Roger Taney poster over your bed?

Times do change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT