ADVERTISEMENT

St. Joe’s Game Thread -Wed 7pm ESPN+

Yes ref pointed to Ryan and told security he wanted him gone. Security got police and Ryan was told to leave. Surprised ref couldn't/didn't just ignore it.

Reactions: urfan1
Walz was great tonight. Shooting, scoring, passing, blocking. Did a little bit of everything, and almost all of it at critical points in the game. Of course D-Lo and Quinn were amazing too, but Walz made a big difference.

That one handed pass out of post was a beauty. Play of the game. Offensively. Dji block late defensive play of game.

Ok, so if we do not cut down the nets tonight after the game (and we win), I will get a ladder and go out there and cut down the nets myself. I will happily donate the nets to the team. So, If you see a dumpy old guy, with 4 eyes, and a double chin, who resembles a redneck and he has a ladder, just ignore him.
Just doing my job, took an awesome picture of Bailey cutting the net.

Great job by the guys clinching the championship on our home floor last night, was a special moment to watch the nets get cut down.

As for the game, to me it was sort of an uneven game where we definitely didn't play our best, especially offensively. There were flashes of great play - Hunt obviously stood out, and Walz played well - but overall it just seemed we never got in a great flow on offense.

I thought the defense was solid. Brown and Reynolds ended up getting going but it took some deep contested threes and tough layups. But we always seemed to have an answer and I never felt the outcome of the game was in doubt.

That's a testament to this year's team though. On a night when King and Bailey combined to go 2-14, we pretty comfortably beat a mid tier A10 team.

Congratulations Spiders! Fortunately, those who believed the Spiders go as Jordan King goes were wrong. It was incredible how off he was last night compared to recent games. As others have said, almost everyone else picked up the scoring load. Quinn missed his share of shots, but didn’t let it bother him too much. The second half was especially ugly on the offensive end, but St Joe’s couldn’t take advantage and always seemed to be down 9. The best news was that the good free throw shooting was back because the Spiders needed it.

Definitely was a game that represents the season well. The Spiders just kept playing and expected to win. No panic mode like we have seen in the past. Hope the team is able to put the celebration behind them quickly and move on to winning the next game. Going to have to stay in that mode through Selection Sunday unfortunately. Can’t give the committee the power to keep them out of the tournament. Just keep winning Spiders!

Mooney's best year ever, from recruiting to sideline coaching, even occasionally using timely timeouts. It's been a well earned COY, congratulations Chris!

Walz played a strong, smart game, I think he has a big ceiling; I feel very comfortable with him starting at center next year. What most impressed me last night was the timing of the shots he knocked down confidently.

Crazy!! Loved how Ryan got a standing O from people nearby!!!
Refs were reviewing the foul on Dji and he was asking official what they are looking at. Normal stuff complaining and I’ve done and was doing the same as well. Ref was just soft and was in his feelings.
I guess I'm lucky I didn't get thrown out too. Shortly after this, one ref was directly in front of me and I hollered at him, "flagrant foul he hit him in the face, watch the game". He seemed to shrug his shoulders and then go on his way.

I guess I'm lucky I didn't get thrown out too. Shortly after this, one ref was directly in front of me and I hollered at him, "flagrant foul he hit him in the face, watch the game". He seemed to shrug his shoulders and then go on his way.
Same for me...I was yelling just like Ryan...I still haven't seen the review on the foul. Was it a flagrant?

Same for me...I was yelling just like Ryan...I still haven't seen the review on the foul. Was it a flagrant?

Yeah it was a hook and hold. Not so much hold but more hook. Pretty quick & hard to see live so if at game I can see why ppl were confused. Even watching on tv I was like what r they reviewing. Beck and Philly Bob agreed w the call. Intent doesn’t matter just a flagrant by the letter of the law. It was on the softer side of hook & holds imo but the hook was clear so fair call maybe unlucky. That rule been in place for like 5 years. Dji’s would have been a simple common foul years ago but just the rule if refs see that on review.

Reactions: spiderman
Question - I've been noticing a very familiar looking face behind the Spider bench the last few games. Anybody got any info?

He's been with the team all year as far as I know. I don't think he travels tho. U can see him in practice videos and pics from beginning of season. I believe he's finishing up his MBA and in some sort of intern/grad asst role with athletic dept. and team. Others would know more.

Last edited:
Yeah, his LinkedIn says he's finishing up his MBA and serving as an intern for the Spider Athletic Fund.

Kneeling toward the left side of the front row.

DSC_9568-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Thanks - hadn't seen or heard any announcement about him being involved but then I started noticing him and was wondering if there was some formal role.

Thanks - hadn't seen or heard any announcement about him being involved but then I started noticing him and was wondering if there was some formal role.
I had just the opposite. I saw an announcement but never saw him on the bench.
I do sit in section 16, so maybe I need a new RX.

He's been with the team all year as far as I know. I don't think he travels tho. U can see him in practice videos and pics from beginning of season. I believe he's finishing up his MBA and in some sort of intern/grad asst role with athletic dept. and team. Others would know more.
The elderly gentleman beside me has been upset half the season because Goose doesn’t play after starting last season.

He says Goose is now a walk on freshman who had D1 scholarship offers so still has eligibility.

Goose Graham apparently…

Reactions: Spiders4ever
The elderly gentleman beside me has been upset half the season because Goose doesn’t play after starting last season.

He says Goose is now a walk on freshman who had D1 scholarship offers so still has eligibility.

Goose Graham apparently…
Does he want to run for President? /s humor

Reactions: Spiders4ever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT