ADVERTISEMENT

Spiders in TBT 2023

Mar 21, 2011
Starting a 2023 TBT thread since we have at least two Spiders playing. Shawndre Jones is playing for Austin’s Own (Texas Alumni) after some sort of drama with the Air Raiders (Texas Tech), who he played with previously. Terry Allen is playing with the Red Scare (Dayton alumni, which just feels wrong to me).

Any other Spiders playing/coaching?

I guess everyone fields the best team possible to try to win,
but I'm surprised Dayton and Texas Tech can't field a full team with their own alumni.

Reactions: iamaspider2013
The size of the team (players and coaches) also impacts each player’s prize share—Shawndre’s share of the potential winnings is ≈$65K, but Terry’s is ≈$77K. Makes Shawndre’s inclusion a bit more strange, especially since 5 of their 11 players are listed as PGs.

Forever Coogs with an easy win over Team Colorado (Colorado Alumn). Shawn'dre Jones continues to play big minutes and is averaging around 6 PPG. Jones is now two wins away from winning a share of a million dollars!! Next game is against Eberlein Drive, on Friday 8/2, who are made up mostly of professional players from overseas.

never understood the payout in the TBT. don't "fans" get a share of the winnings somehow?

never understood the payout in the TBT. don't "fans" get a share of the winnings somehow?
Not sure that any regular fans receive a cut, but there are Boosters who can associate with a team and be eligible for a cut.

Each Team shall be initially composed of “Participants.” A “Participant” is defined as either (i) an individual who applies on the Website and has been accepted by Producer to participate in the Tournament, or (ii) a person designated in a roster submitted by a Charity (as defined below). A Participant may be a “Player,” a General Manager (“GM”), a “Coach,” a “Booster,” or other roles as defined on Producer’s website.
a. Player – A Player is someone who is on a Team’s roster of individuals
available to play in the basketball games in the Tournament.
b. GM – There must be one GM per Team. The GM is the individual who registers a Team with the Producer and who oversees all aspects of the Team, including, without limitation, recruiting Players, communicating with Producer, managing the roster, and otherwise handling the team’s application to play and participation in the Tournament.
c. Coach – A Team may have one or more Coaches, or may elect not to have a Coach.
d. Booster – A Team may have one or more Boosters, or may elect not to have a Booster. A Booster is someone a Team believes will assist the Team in gaining entry to the Tournament, soliciting Fan support or will help the Team in some other way off-the-court.
e. Other – A team may have one or more individuals in other roles. An individual in any non-specifically defined role is anyone who does not fit one of the role descriptions immediately above.

Reactions: spiderman
Tough loss for the Coogs as they fall in OT, 69–65.

SDJ with only 5 points on only 3 shots. He was 1-for-2 deep on a day his team combined to shoot 3-for-21 from there. He also had 3 assists and no turnovers.

Yeah, I was a bit confused by that, but didn't feel like investigating too much. Most of the box scores from TBT show them as "OT" games with the Elam ending, but some only show 4 quarters of play. 🤷🏼‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT