ADVERTISEMENT

Spider Prologue - Game Three - VMI

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
the comeback road win at Hampton in very adverse conditions was a great first step for this still developing team...

now really looking forward to seeing if the Spiders can continue to progress in this game...haven't seen a point spread, but assume we are still significant favorites and we should be...

having the Corp at The Brick House for the first time ever should be interesting and entertaining...back in the days at City Stadium the Corp and Spider students had quite a rivalry...not sure either feels quite as passionate anymore...

it should be a good time Saturday evening...enjoy The Prologue...

Go Spiders!

Good prologue, Mojo. My disagreement is minor, I think Lauletta is already well developed as a QB, though I expect he will improve with more game experience. But he and our receivers are a strength, already. Probably not a big game for us, but it is a big game for VMI, and, thus, the corps will be there. It's the 90th meeting of the schools on the gridiron, a very old rivalry. A win by VMI would be big for their program, so they will be fired up. We have a huge talent advantage, and we need to exploit that. Officiating should be much better than last week, but they do have some talented players, particularly at QB. This is a great opportunity for Rocco, to fine tune all aspects of our game, to prepare for CAA season.

Good prologue, Mojo. My disagreement is minor, I think Lauletta is already well developed as a QB, though I expect he will improve with more game experience. But he and our receivers are a strength, already. Probably not a big game for us, but it is a big game for VMI, and, thus, the corps will be there. It's the 90th meeting of the schools on the gridiron, a very old rivalry. A win by VMI would be big for their program, so they will be fired up. We have a huge talent advantage, and we need to exploit that. Officiating should be much better than last week, but they do have some talented players, particularly at QB. This is a great opportunity for Rocco, to fine tune all aspects of our game, to prepare for CAA season.

Believe Lauletta is on his way to a great Spider career...

he has played better than I expected so far...when you think he hadn't really played any football for over two years, I think he is ahead of schedule...however, he has acknowledged, and I agree, he will need to get better to get the job done against CAA competition...no question in my mind he will do the work to continue getting better...there may be a few bumps in the road, but I think he will be a great Spider...

Go Spiders!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/127760237246257/

Mojo-

You look look pretty sporty in your UR pike shirt.Keep pedaling!!!!!

Thanks for your message Counter...going to give the Cobbles a try next Friday night during the Worlds...will be wearing the colors...signed up as an under 15mph rider...Ha! will try to stay out of the road warrior's way...

Go Spiders!

Lane Casadonte did a stellar job with the color on TV. We need to hire him.

Thanks I recorded it and look forward to seeing the delayed view. I've always thought Lane was one of the best local guys--much better than a certain afternoon radio guy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT