ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - William and Mary

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

don't forget your sun glasses, or welder's mask Saturday...the Indians use all their resources in this rivalry and have for year's...yes, even the ticket office!...Spiders fans will be in one of the worst sun fields in college football...

but that's all part of the experience of traveling to the Reservation for a game with Championship and Playoff implications...it's been super fun and rewarding for most of the last couple of decades...

I have very little doubt that the Spiders will play their best football Saturday at Cary Field...and little doubt that Coach London will have his guys stoked to kill our Championship and Playoff hopes...it should make for another in the long line of memorable battles...anyone remember the 1971 game? or the 2008 game? or the 2012 game? or the 2014 game?

the Spiders best football should be enough to bring back an unlikely Championship that fans will be talking about for years...

enjoy the final regular season Prologue...

Go Spiders!

Believe you are speaking of only Cary Field games, but one for the ages was the 2009 game, #4 v #5, at City Stadium before over 17,000 with a 48 yd FG for Spider victory as time expired.

Remember that one so vividly. Forever. Not sure my heart could take it now, but would die a happy Spider.
that final regular season game in 2009 was the hardest fought football game I can ever remember seeing in person...Ha! you are right I was a lot younger then...I understand the heart concern!

I was thinking for Cary Field...that 2008 OT win saved the National Championship run! 2008 and 2009 were two hellacious back to back games!

Go Spiders!

Those were fun years. Hopefully both programs can get back to those levels. Meaningful national games and deep playoff runs!

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT