ADVERTISEMENT

Signings announced

A couple of surprises so far, any idea if we lost any of the pre-signing day commitments?

6 guys on that list are not signed yet and we have 2 new unknown names and a late commit/signee in Tyler Wilkins.

Winter
Enrollees:

1) Norris,
David, 6'2" 205 LB, Bob Jones HS, Madison, AL (transfer from
UAB)

2) Cook,
Devin, 6'4" 240 DL Beaver Falls HS, Beaver Falls, PA
(transfer from Pitt)

3) Hudson, Garrett,
6'4" 235, TE, Heritage HS, Wake Forest, NC, (transfer from UNC)

Signed
NLI (pre-signing day commit list):

4) Ingle, Will 6'3" 239 DE Walter M.
Williams HS, Burlington, NC

5) Caughell, Billy 6'2" 233 LB
Apopka HS; Apopka, FL

6) Fleet, Deontez 6'0" 190
DB Lackey HS, Indian Head, MD

7) Rubin, Justin 6'1" 190 WR
Archbishop Wood, Westminister, PA

8) Williams, Kolby, 6' 3" 240 DE
Landon HS, Bethesda, MD

9) Dixon,
Grant, 6'5" 296 OL, Providence, Charlotte HS

10) Geraghty, Will, 6'5" 225, DE/TE, Lovett HS, Atlanta, GA,
(baseball & football)

11) Johnson, Kevin, 5'11" 175 QB (dual threat) Pace Academy,
Atlanta, GA

12) Yarbrough, John, 6'5" 278, T
LS, Homewood HS, Homewood, AL

13) Wilkins, Tyler, 6'3" 185, WR,
LC Byrd, Chesterfield, VA

Signed
NLI (not on our presigning day commit list):

14) Ejoni, Gershom 6'4" 185 WR
Wake Forest, N.C./Heritage

15) Palmer, Jay 6'0" 198 RB Princeton, W.Va./Princeton

Committed but not signed yet:

16) Padalino, Paul
6'0" 225 MLB Landon HS, Bethesda, MD

17) Booker, Andre,
6'3" 255 DT Manchester HS, Midlothian, VA

18) Schrider, Ben, 6'3" 240
OLB, St Mary's, Berkley, Calif

19) Keels, Micah, 6'2", 178, CB,
WR, Fork Union, Bullis, Potomac, MD

20) Brissett,
Dejon, 6'2" 175, WR/CB, Lake Forest Aca, Lake Forest, Ill; Mississauga,
Canada

21) Strait, Michael, 6'0" 190 South Forsyth HS,
Cumming, GA (baseball & football)

The Twitter account usually announces when the signings are complete. Until that happens, the staff is expecting more commitments.

Might Michael Strait be a baseball signee technically and not be listed for football?

Mississauga, ON is in the Eastern Time Zone but it is snowing and -2C.Lake Forest,Illinois(Central Time Zone)is 25F snowing.Maybe the fax machines are frozen up there.

This post was edited on 2/4 9:12 AM by 32counter

To be clear, I've seen no indication Brissett has committed, though obviously with signing day today you'd think he'd want to move on it if he wants to be a Spider.

One Putt said he heard we offered a Canadian WR, and I found that Tweet saying we'd offered Brissett. Nothing about committing.

So, not sure about Strait. He signed for baseball, so he wouldn't sign again for football I don't think. But if he plays football, he counts against football, right?

Padalino is the other one missing. He committed in December, tweeted some pics from an official visit just a couple of weeks ago, and his Twitter avatar still includes the Spiders logo and Robins Stadium. Could he be a preferred walk-on?

It stinks to see Evan Kelly move on to BC. But good luck to him next year.

You are right about Paul Padalino. It is strange that he didn't sign. Maybe he is a recruited walk-on. His dad is hi HS coach and was a graduate student at UR in the 80's. He coached at St Chris for a few years before moving to MD and coaching at Landon HS.

on a brighter note for you Vol, butch has put two outstanding classes together for you guys and should start paying dividends soon and get them back to top 10 status and sec-east champs.

Tweet from W&M's Anthony Fullum (Terrence's brother) saying Padalino and Kolby Williams "officially" became Spiders today. So I'm going with he's a recruited walk-on. They frequently sign letters of some sort as part of an honor ceremony, but they're non-binding and UR can't talk about the recruits.

All of those guys went to Landon.

This post was edited on 2/4 1:20 PM by SFspidur

https://twitter.com/DeaconF34/status/563035693673644035

Strait has no football history in last 2 years at a minimum as was pointed out previously.Surprised that he was on the football list.Padalino could surprise
with plenty of hard work.

Yes Spinner, Butch is doing a good job rebuilding the program at Tenn. Hopefully he is doing it the right way. Kiffin had some recruiting success too but he did it with too many kids with sketchy character.

His first class was small after Dooley was fired but those kids have done well and stayed out of trouble. Last year, his first full year, was huge and he lost a couple to too much competition but the kids who stayed looked really good as true FR last year.

This class is great on paper and from what I've read are good kids overall. He is improving the talent and hopefully the chemistry. I know that he has improved the work ethic a ton since Kiffin and Dooley that's for sure.

I think they are still another year away from winning the SEC East but they are headed in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT