ADVERTISEMENT

The challenges which lie ahead

Great advice, although Russ said those that "those that chose the portal will not be back". At this point we don't seem to be very aggressive with transfers. Coaches know more than we do, but its very quiet and you would think transfers would want to come in now for spring semester.

Yeah, the portal is new to the kids too. Easy to believe you are perhaps better than you are, enter the portal, and end up stranded. Will take time for players and coaches to learn how to use the portal effectively,] and, if at all, as a player. As of now, believe the coaches are well ahead of the players in this regard.

I suspect a lot has to do with what else happens on the roster. At some point the coaches are making offers to players and scholarships can run out. Definitely going to be learning curve all around. As with everything else, there will be some winners and some losers.

Dykes has withdrawn from the portal.

Any word on whether, or not, Coach Huesman will take him back into the program?

I believe Huesman has said those that went into the portal were “gone”. I took that to mean they would not be returning even if they withdrew.

Go Spiders!

Any word on whether, or not, Coach Huesman will take him back into the program?

I believe Huesman has said those that went into the portal were “gone”. I took that to mean they would not be returning even if they withdrew.

Go Spiders!
I don't know why you would withdraw from the portal if you weren't being welcomed back.

He’s actually NOT coming back.Gonna do PRO day in March.
Interesting. Given changes in rules will he still have eligibility if he wanted to play another season? For a running back in particular I understand the desire to move on so this is just a curiosity question.

FBS transfers

To Campbell

Keevan Bailey (DB) Colorado State
Baraka Beckett (OL) UCLA
Antoine Sampah (LB) LSU
Dashaun Jerkins (DB) Ole Miss
George Wilson Jr. (DL) Florida State
Lakeem Rudolph (DL) Virginia Tech
Tre Moore (DL) Georgia State
Elijah Hawk (DL) Western Michigan

To Hampton

Miles Posey (DL) Charlotte

To Maine

Alex Berrouet (RB) Colorado State
Joe Horn (OL) UMass

To Rhode Island

Deon Silas (RB) Iowa State
Desmond Mamudi (DL) Virginia Tech
Kevin Pyne (OL) Boston College

To Stony Brook

Johnny Martin III (RB) Charlotte
Shakhi Carson (RB) Kent State
Dyshier Clary (DL) Temple
Casey Case (QB) Buffalo
Jeffrey Davis Jr. (DB) Penn State
Dez Williams (WR). Wake Forest

Last edited:
Looks like Campbell backed up the F150 and loaded up...they landed eight FBS transfers if I read this thing correctly...most from programs you will recognize immediately

the Camels could be a handful at The Brick House...

Go Spiders!

where on the other, we have done little to nothing. for the time being I will give the coaches credit for the red shirt frosh and soph's that have not played. they know more than me. just hope it doesn't bite us in the fall. I believe #92 zion bryson is a stud that offers a lot of talent.

Last edited:
Big step up for them...Minter has had only one winning PFL/BS conference record in his 10 years there. But despite a 5–6, 2–3 record this year, they weren't blown out in any of their FCS games, and hopefully with the jump in conference and institutional commitment they'll rise to the occasion. The transfers look like a good start.

The school's administration is 100% committed, ex-NFL player as coach, nice school, great BBQ nearby, and a camel as mascot. What's not to like?
Nice golf course too!...birdied the first hole once...could make for a good road trip in the years ahead...

Buies Creek ain't San Antonio, but heck if something called Incarnate Word can do it maybe the Camels can too!

Go Spiders!

The transfer portal window was open for a total of 60 days during the 2022-2023 academic year. It opened in two parts – a 45-day window, and then a 15-day window. The initial 45-day window opened on Dec. 5 and then closed on January 19, 2023. The portal will then reopen from May 1-15, after the conclusion of the spring workout calendar.

Reactions: urfan1
Jake graduates in May with a degree in Marketing.He entered the portal at 11:59:59.CTL offered to pay for his MBA.Other schools including Iowa State showed interest.Great kid,nice family.
Don’t forget CTL has 2 assistant coaches that were formerly UR assistants.

Reactions: urfan1
I missed it too. he must have been a late entry. 32,can you give us an update on who hasn't found a home. I got dykes, m. howard, and a. close

Jake graduates in May with a degree in Marketing.He entered the portal at 11:59:59.CTL offered to pay for his MBA.Other schools including Iowa State showed interest.Great kid,nice family.
Don’t forget CTL has 2 assistant coaches that were formerly UR assistants.
Thanks 32

Wish him all the best. I know his family will be proud on graduation day.

Reactions: DTSpider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT