ADVERTISEMENT

Robbie Beran - 2019 Offer

It's official! RTD 10am 9/16!

Beran has narrowed his list to Northwestern, Maryland, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Boston College and Davidson.

It's official! RTD 10am 9/16!

Beran has narrowed his list to Northwestern, Maryland, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Boston College and Davidson.
Shocked that a local kid, whom we offered early, works out in our gym and we didn't make this final list of school (sarcasm intended). Interesting that another small A-10 program with good academics did make this list.

We didn’t really offer him that early, May 2018. I don’t think we had any shot at this kid once he blew up, in spite of the locality.

We didn’t really offer him that early, May 2018. I don’t think we had any shot at this kid once he blew up, in spite of the locality.
offering date didn't matter here. almost his entire final list just offered in August. he's got some great choices.

Interesting list. Guessing he cares about academics a fair amount.
Think you are right, T. Seem to recall that Robbie was interested in engineering; three have solid programs in engineering already and BC just announced a new program in engineering funded by $150,000,000.

Yes there’s a definite engineering bent. If I’m him I’m picking VT or Northwestern.

My decision was factoring in where he’d enjoy his basketball career too, which I think drops GT down quite a bit.

Yes there’s a definite engineering bent. If I’m him I’m picking VT or Northwestern.
I remember Dick Tarrant saying in his recruiting of David Robinsion- " You have a great school but I want Engineering and you can't beat the Naval Academy"

This is exactly the type of kid we should be competing for. The fact that we didn't make his final lists is what alarms me. Kid is right in our backyard - they should be recruiting this kid left and right, night and day, etc. I understand he has a good summer and blows up - but we should still be in the picture for a local kid like this.

UR's not really on the radar of a kid interested in engineering.

Fans of the bigger state schools should be more alarmed.

Man, if only University of Richmond was a good academic school, we might have had a chance.
This kid was obviously interested in engineering, perhaps moreso over going to a better bball school. I'm not going to sweat losing a kid that likely made his choice largely on an academic discipline we don't offer.

seems like a great kid and a really good player, but he's an engineering kid who got offers to top engineering schools. we shouldn't even be in consideration once he had those offers, and looks like we weren't. kid gets it and made the right choice for himself.

Reactions: Spiderwiz and Ulla1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT