ADVERTISEMENT

Rhode Island

What the hell is Grant doing? Fadeaway jumper with 6 seconds left??? Just terrible basketball IQ. I guess so easy a caveman can do it wasn't accurate

Reactions: ur2K
We're the one team that decided to make Russell look good this year, apparently. Stupid quick/bad shot by Grant leads to a dumb foul and another chance for Rhody before the break.

Reactions: plydogg
Bad shot by Grant. Bad three minutes by Richmond. Should be winning by a dozen or so. Setting up nicely for a billboard.

terrible close to the half. Defense gives up 12 in the last 4 mins and offense can't score in the last 2 mins.

7 point lead down to 1. Feels like we should be up double digits.

Injuries stink but I'm more pissed that Mooney can't get more out of the 3 freshman he recruited, oh wait 2 freshman, because one never suited up and has already left school.

The bench usage with the injuries shows a coach coaching tight . . . and your team will pick that up and play tight. Next man up needs to go just go get'em and know his coach is confident in him!

Grant doesn't get back on defense and it allows Fatts to get a wide open layup. Wish you could teach effort.

the more of us I watch, the more i come to believe that a huge part of our problems with perimeter defense is that there is zero help - - - from anywhere. Grant is not a rim protector and offers no real help on penetration, but help needs to come earlier than that anyway and none of our guys is ever in position to help, Half of it is just being in the right spot to discourage guys because they know the help is there.

Every time I think we are going to take control we go cold for 2-3 mins and let them back in. At least this time Mooney called a time out to reset.

and thats a good call on the 3 pointer foul on Cayo. He went right into the guys landing space which he is entitled to. We must lead the NCAA in fouling three point shooters

i mean that defense after Cayo bucket is horrible

Golden was, once again, woefully out of position and didn't get back on defense. It is hard to root for this guy. Doesn't play defense, commits a couple atrocious turnovers every game, and complains every time he shoots the ball and any time a foul is called on Richmond. If he played on VCU he'd be the most hated player in the conference.

and thats a good call on the 3 pointer foul on Cayo. He went right into the guys landing space which he is entitled to. We must lead the NCAA in fouling three point shooters

Yessir, absolutely a foul by Cayo. Didn't have to do it but he did. Feels like we haven't ever practiced how to close out on a 3 point shooter. We always go through them. That's not proper technique.

Grant got beat for another open layup. Just in case anybody else is keeping score.

I was at least going to give Grant credit for picking up his rebounding after 7 in the first half but he hasn't had one since. No defense and no rebounding this half.

Isaiah Wilson into the game with 4 minutes left. Didn't expect to see that.

If Goose was available I would go small after these FT's and sub Grant out for defense. Not sure we have the depth to do that tonight.

I'd think about the old Mooney staple - - - the offense/defense substitutions down the stretch here and consider Sal for Grant on defense

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT