ADVERTISEMENT

Rhode Island

I have been wondering this as well - has the A10 made any announcement on how cancelled games will be rescheduled? Or rescheduled at all?

They definitely intend to make them up. There's an open weekend at the end of the regular season, but they'll want to make up as many as they can before then.

I have been wondering this as well - has the A10 made any announcement on how cancelled games will be rescheduled? Or rescheduled at all?

If it is a team you play twice, I would have the team with the covid issue lose their home game and play twice at the other team's place back to back. If only once, I would have the team with the covid issue travel to the other team on a Monday between any Saturday and Wednesday games.

Reactions: SpiderDogg
Yeah, they split on Sat-Sun.

The curious thing is that it wasn't specifically a makeup. It was apparently just to create a future open date that either one might be able to use....their originally scheduled February 24 meeting at Duquesne has been freed up.

Last edited:
So...when do we have a makeup game and play the Duquesne Dukes? Does the A-10 "require" all schools to play each other at least once during the season? Normal scheduling has that happen but maybe during "pandemic" troubles that would be waived?

There's no makeup date for the Duquesne game yet. The A-10 really wants to have all the games played, but it depends on how many have to be postponed...it may or may not be possible to squeeze them all in.

Reactions: spider fan
Was just comparing our schedule and Duquesne's, looking for an opportunity to fit in a makeup.

We have a gap between @ VCU on Feb 12 and @ La Salle on Feb 20. Duquesne is @ GMU on Feb 13, so they could potentially bus down here to play on the 14th or 15th. They next play @ Davidson on Feb 17.

Duquesne has that Feb 24 GW date freed up, giving them a gap between hosting UMass Feb 20 and @ La Salle on Feb 27, but that doesn't work great for us since we have games on the 20th, 23rd, and 26th.

Duquense also has a gap between URI on Jan 20 and @ Fordham on Jan 27, but again that doesn't mesh with our schedule that has games on the 20th, 23rd, and 26th.

Duquesne also needs to make up their game @ SLU.

97, my memory must be bad, I was thinking that Blake covered him mostly last year - but I am probably wrong. I just recall Dowtin (6'3 guard) coming out first possession and getting an easy 8 foot post up against one of our guards, then URI did not go to that again, instead taking dumb shots.
Cox is just a bully and a sh!tty coach. He may make it 1 more year, 2 tops,

Cox is just a bully and a sh!tty coach. He may make it 1 more year, 2 tops,
He is very good at turning the roster over 150%. As far as actual coaching, I am not seeing much that would indicate he makes it long term at URI.

Hopefully this is not the Betrand stick it to the SPiders twice, Fatts gets revenge on the Spidernation board for pointing out he is a terrible 3 pt shooter, Sheppard from JM in Richmond sticks it to Richmond REVENGE game. Could be, but I think we out execute Rhody and win by 8.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Haha, yes. Of course Fatts is shooting 87% on standstill shots from 15 feet, so......I will have to concur with 97's post that we should play hard defense on him. Which really was my thought all along, but maybe let him have a couple 25 footers here and there ;)

Reactions: plydogg
Goose's hustle is a catalyst off the bench, we need his fire.

No game scheduled for during the week next week? That would be a good time to pull in a makeup game, league or no league.

we need Burton to stay aggressive but stay out of foul trouble. need 32 minutes from him.

With no Goose - we need to stay out of foul trouble. We will need 32+ minutes from all of our starters, and likely 37+ from Francis and Gilyard.
I would think this would be a game to give Wilson some time and just tell him - play hard defense on Fatts, and don't worry about fouls.
Concern as always is rebounding as we need to keep URI under 10 offensive rebounds. And shooting - we probably need to shoot 40% from deep to take control of this game.

Hell of a first possession for us. Great pass from Grant to find a cutting Burton. And Burton hit both free throws!

I think Grant is going to have his way with these Rhode Island defenders. I'm thinking we win by 15-20 here

We should hire Fatts Russell to help build the new basketball facility. He's a great brick-layer

Does anybody else hate when Grant brings the ball up the court? I expect a turnover every time and it seems it always results in a wasted possession.

Burton finally finishes one. Perhaps he should have dunked the two bunnies he missed.

This announcer just compared Fatts Russell to Allen Iverson. Wow. Such an incredibly awful comparison lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT