ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits visiting together

Gotta think these 2 have to be among our biggest 2016 targets. Inviting Buck over when Ako was down for his visit is a telling sign.

I'd love to get a commit from Ako to get this class underway.

Mo, agree 100%. The Spiders are on a roll after the strong finish last year. Let's keep it going.

Well, it's been more than 24 hours since they visited, and still no commitments. I guess we're not going to get either one....

Buckingham already had an official visit back in April, so that fact that he came back to do some type of combo tour with Ako, makes me a bit optimistic. Also interesting that Ced and Kendall were working out on campus. Seems like were letting our past stud guards probably do a bit or possibly a lot of the recruitment pitch.

Buckingham already had an official visit back in April, so that fact that he came back to do some type of combo tour with Ako, makes me a bit optimistic. Also interesting that Ced and Kendall were working out on campus. Seems like were letting our past stud guards probably do a bit or possibly a lot of the recruitment pitch.
Both Ced and Kendall are great representatives of the Spider ideal.

Last edited:
I love the set up we had with both on campus at the same time. They get a chance to see what it would be like to play together.

UR has a lot to offer. We have a great staff, an excellent group of players (who seem to get along well) and we have some outstanding facilites. We also have a core of players who could see some serious post-season action. Bringking in two potential future Spiders, in a single visit, could work out very nicely. I hope they both decide they really like the "feel" at UR. The future would look even brighter with a couple of recruits that are certainly at, or near, the top of our targeted players. I'm hoping that they have a terrific weekend, and want to come back!!!

interesting it was Buckingham and not Sherod there with Ako. wonder if that's means we feel we have a better shot with Buckingham, or if he's our preference, or maybe it means nothing at all. both offered. have to think we can't bring in both though.

Buckingham appears to the most highly rated of the 3 and would have to assume is our number 1 target, since he is a local kid and has said he would like to stay local. UVA, Maryland, and Cincinatti have all offered though, so not sure if that still remains the case. Ako and Sherrod both have a number of nice offers though.

I'm thinking the staff thought him and Ako would hit it off and that is why they were there together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT