ADVERTISEMENT

Complicit with illegal actions and the NIL

Anachnid

Rookie
Dec 31, 2021
I see the unregulated NIL ending badly with eventual Congressional hearings about tainted money and murdered athletes.
I’m ready to see schools band together and refuse the unregulated NIL. Donors did not make their money by not expecting a return on their investments. Howmany thrown games will we begin to see? Any school subscribing to this system will be complicit with the results. It’s time to just say no.

I see the unregulated NIL ending badly with eventual Congressional hearings about tainted money and murdered athletes.
I’m ready to see schools band together and refuse the unregulated NIL. Donors did not make their money by not expecting a return on their investments. Howmany thrown games will we begin to see? Any school subscribing to this system will be complicit with the results. It’s time to just say no.
Oh this is definitely going to end badly. Unregulated $$$, some given by shady characters. One of the characters is gonna get mad when their NIL "investment" doesn't pay dividends. Plus I still see a bevy of Title IX implications with NIL and it's inherent unfairness towards female athletes. You see more and more schools and coaches being visibly outspoken and comfortable with NIL and the portal. They are waiting for one incident to happen, for them to strike.

We're already seeing this concern with the online gambling and players who disrupt the game outcome. Gamblers get pissed and threaten the players.

We're already seeing this concern with the online gambling and players who disrupt the game outcome. Gamblers get pissed and threaten the players.
Yes, I was quite mad early in the season when Mooney emptied the bench and our reserves could not get a bucket in 3 minutes. And I only had 10 bucks on the over. Did anything ever come of the Temple investigation. At some point those guys flipped and went the other way and started betting on themselves.

gambling has always been a concern in sports.
but linking that to NIL is a ridiculous stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT