ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tracker

we're a great fit for his style, particularly with Mooney as coach. he's a terrific passing big man who you can run your offense through, like Lafayette did. I'm sure the high major offers are exciting but you don't transfer to be a backup. he's not starting over Big Cliff at Rutgers.

sounds like he's not just looking for the highest offer. he actually mentioned us as a team that stood out.

Since he entered the portal, Quinn has heard from NC State, Georgia Tech, Butler, Loyola Chicago, Richmond, Seton Hall, Ohio State and Illinois amongst others he told 247Sports.

"Loyola and Richmond stood out," said Quinn. "I can tell that they like me and think I would be a great fit. I’m looking forward to continuing talking with more programs as well."

Among the things he is looking for at his next stop are development, opportunity and wouldn't mind being closer to home.
"Focus on big man development, strength and conditioning, style of play I can work well in and a place where I’m gonna play significant minutes," he said of what he's looking for.

When asked if he'd like to stay closer to home, he said, "Doesn’t hurt."

Yes, seems a good fit, maybe the guy spiderdad was talking about? Just add to the list of reasons Hardt will keep Mooney:
1) Almost made NCAA's two years ago
2) Nelson next KA
3) Mooney has not comitted any crimes
4) Quinn might transfer to us
5) Might convince Burton to come back
6) I'll do better without the underacheiving super seniors
7) I dress nice and Fezz likes my shoes
8) Queally likes me and now my sons are old enough to watch his dogs
9) My sons team only lost by 15 to MolivaManiac's kids team.
10) Injuries have killed us, imagine a healthy Sherod and Goose this year.

Hardt reviews the list, and sends the dreaded email to JOC that Trap talks about.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Maybe Fran O’Hanlon is coming and bringing his big boy with him. :)
I‘m sure Richmond pays more, and Fran needs a challenge at a higher level.
(only on my first Scotch)

Are they announcing it a week from tomorrow?

if so switch to Irish…

O'Hanlon has to be the best 45% winning coach ever (361-432).
Imagine you're coaching in a no scholarship league that decides to give scholarships, but your school says "Nah, we're good. Good luck, Coach.".

They do. The Patriot started allowing basketball scholarships in 1998, and Lafayette held out until 2006 before they caved.

Reactions: spiderman
Must be like the IVY, just too good to call them that. Guarantee players cost of attendance is covered in some shape or form.
no, it's not. you're treated just like every non-athlete student. if you show need through FAFSA, you get aid. otherwise you don't.

no, it's not. you're treated just like every non-athlete student. if you show need through FAFSA, you get aid. otherwise you don't.
Ehhh...coaches can put in a word for you and try to get the numbers massaged if they really want you, though they won't go from no aid to full aid or anything. And the elite schools all use customized versions of the CSS Profile aid application, not FAFSA.

Ehhh...coaches can put in a word for you and try to get the numbers massaged if they really want you ...
is that experience based or is it an assumption?
I have a family member with an Ivy athlete. maybe the coach didn't want him much.

I have a family member with an Ivy athlete. maybe the coach didn't want him much.
My direct experience is with elite D-III schools several decades ago, but I've heard of similar happening with Ivies over the years...not necessarily in basketball though.

So the top 100 college atheletes that Amaker recruited pay own way. I do see something that if family makes under $65,000, 100% covered by 8 IVY league schools. Guessing if there is divorced or single parents they make that work in many cases.

Was the family member a hoops player sman?

I was pretty sure Lafayette players were not paying their way.

I was pretty sure Lafayette players were not paying their way.
yes, full rides since 2006 like SF pointed out. interesting that it looks like Quinn's only offer out of HS was from Lafayette. seems odd, being 7 feet tall.

yes, full rides since 2006 like SF pointed out. interesting that it looks like Quinn's only offer out of HS was from Lafayette. seems odd, being 7 feet tall.
yes, read that in the article. Many similarities to Grace, if I recall Grace only D1 offer was Spiders? Of course Grace was tucked away in Canada, but that is pretty well recruited now. Hope we get him, but my bet is Rutgers 2nd time around.

yes, read that in the article. Many similarities to Grace, if I recall Grace only D1 offer was Spiders? Of course Grace was tucked away in Canada, but that is pretty well recruited now. Hope we get him, but my bet is Rutgers 2nd time around.
I'd be surprised if it's Rutgers. he'd come off the bench. they've got a really good big man. I doubt that's the goal.
I'm going with Chicago Loyola beating us out again.

Tried that with Hunger. Didn't work. If you want to compete at the top level, Richmond isn't your destination...and I am damned sorry to have to say that. Should not be.

Reactions: mojo-spider
Tried that with Hunger. Didn't work. If you want to compete at the top level, Richmond isn't your destination...and I am damned sorry to have to say that. Should not be.
It is the players you can get to make you a top level school. Stop sabotaging a school.

Have you ever hear of certain player turning around a program. I guess you don’t understand
I didn’t understand because your statement didn’t make much sense as it was phrased. The explanation makes more sense. Stop being so sensitive.

Grace has never played huge minutes and likely will need a back up next year :).

Guessing they are pitching a front court with both him and Omoruyi playing together at Rutgers, or Omoruyi has other plans maybe.

Good development that we are being mentioned prominently. I'll have to go watch some tape.

6'5" 215 had to play both Forward spots (half each).
Don't know if the <39% from 2 was a function of the weakness of the team...
Francis mentality without the Francis jumpshot?
maybe he had to shoot a lot on that team. don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT