ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tracker

Interest in 2024 G Jake Lemelman…MA kid playing at MacDuffie. Looks like lower-level interest and offers (Binghamton, Le Moyne) so far.

what a bizarre way to word a commitment lol

"announce my commitment to the admissions process at Harvard University"

🤨
that's what you're supposed to say in the Ivy's. you still technically have to be admitted. but it's just a formality.

Yeah, that's standard for the Ivies. You're not in until officially admitted, and they don't do that until the usual cycle.

We hosted 2024 F Michael Marcus Jr. out of the Charlotte area on an unofficial visit this weekend. Doesn't look like we've offered yet.

He's taking official visits to App State and Lehigh (both have offered) the next two weekends and then an unofficial visit to Loyola (MD) later in September. Rice, BU, and Mercer have also offered, as did Charlotte in the spring before their coaching change.

SF ... is there a reason for an "unofficial" visit now that kids can take unlimited officials?
only thing I can think of is that since you can't take more than 1 official visit to a school, this way he could come back on an official.
but he could come back unofficially at any time so I don't see the benenfit.
is there a limit to how many officials the school can have?

13.6.2.2.3 Men's Basketball. In men's basketball, an institution may provide up to 28 official visits in a rolling two-year period (each year measured August 1 through July 31). A national service academy may provide up to 34 official visits in a rolling two-year period; however, the institution shall not exceed 28 official visits prior to the initial date of the regular signing period of the National Letter of Intent of the first year in each rolling two-year period. The institution must maintain a written record of the visits provided.

Presumably we didn't offer him an official visit slot for whatever reason, whether it's about the institutional limits (don't think we typically come close to that number) or that we're not sure we're going to offer yet or something else.

Reactions: spiderman
Presumably we didn't offer him an official visit slot for whatever reason, whether it's about the institutional limits (don't think we typically come close to that number) or that we're not sure we're going to offer yet or something else.
Well and I think it used to be on an official visit the school paid for some or all of the visit expenses.

So if we want to be cheap…

Not sure our level of interest, but Gipe recently stopped by to talk with 2025 PG Eli Greenberg out of Ohio. A few lower-level offers so far...EKU, Robert Morris, IPFW.

Reactions: urfan1
No sign we're involved, but it looks like there's a third Koureissi coming along and Bona just offered. Can't tell for sure that he's Sal's and Oumar's brother, but there are some cross-follows on social media among them, so my assumption is they're related.

Hassan has picked up an offer from SLU.

We also had in 2025 G William Harper out of Gonzaga in DC, as well as most of the Miller School team it looks like.

Reactions: urfan1
As a sidebar, I feel like I see CM in way more of these recruiting photos than in the past. Perhaps just a coincidence and he always has been but glad to see it either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT