ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tracker

On a side note - always wondered if a kid comes from a family who clearly doens't need the scholarship, can he decline the schlarship to free up for someone else - e.g. if Bronny plays cbball, how does that play out in terms of a scholarship.
that kid could elect to walkon. no idea why he would though. just to give himself more competition against another scholarshipped kid?

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Albanian guy playing in Toronto area. Offers from ODU, UTEP, Milwaukee, and Holy Cross so far. North Pole Hoops scouting guy is high on him.

we've got a ton of tape showing how fun it is to be a big man in our offense.
but while thin ... he's plenty athletic. he's going to have a bunch of HM offers we're going to have to compete with.

No sign we're involved, but it looks like there's a third Koureissi coming along and Bona just offered. Can't tell for sure that he's Sal's and Oumar's brother, but there are some cross-follows on social media among them, so my assumption is they're related.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
No sign we're involved, but it looks like there's a third Koureissi coming along and Bona just offered. Can't tell for sure that he's Sal's and Oumar's brother, but there are some cross-follows on social media among them, so my assumption is they're related.

Any stats on his fouls to min ratio ?

Can someone remind me (or point me to the discussion of) UR's HS class of '23 commits? 247sports.com lists Collin Tanner and Trevor Smith. Is that accurate? Anyone else? 247sports has no commits for us from the class of '24 yet. Is that correct? Thanks, all.

Can someone remind me (or point me to the discussion of) UR's HS class of '23 commits? 247sports.com lists Collin Tanner and Trevor Smith. Is that accurate? Anyone else? 247sports has no commits for us from the class of '24 yet. Is that correct? Thanks, all.
that's accurate. we expect to have 2 more spots this spring assuming Burton and Crabtree announce they won't return.
if we fill those, we'd then have 2 spots in the class of '24 replacing Quinn and Bigelow. you can expect those commitments in late summer or early fall, to sign in November.

Correct. We also had Matt Reed, who backed out and committed to Tulsa.

Eemeli Yalaho is the only remaining 2023 I've seen us reported as offering, so presumably we'll be focused on the transfer portal to fill at least one of our 2023 slots.

If there was any doubt about whether Crabtree might come back, that's gone since he announced his career is over with his latest surgery. (Don't see him pulling a Sherod.) And despite some struggles for Burton at times, I still really don't see him coming back.

We reached out to Allenspach early in his recuitment, but don't think it progressed further than that. Getting a release with Stansbury getting the boot at WKU.

Reactions: urfan1
Rafik Khismatov stopped by campus...2024 6'7" PF from my neck of the woods. I don't see any offers for him yet and no idea whether he's a D-I prospect.

Ty was on our radar, but yeah, these guys needs threads. Feel free to start them, anyone. I can’t get to it for an hour or so.

So did a quiet period just end or did the staff determine that the portal wasn’t bearing fruit and went to plan B?

An evaluation/recruiting period is coming to a close on Thursday, and there have been a lot of AAU events going on the past two weekends. Been seeing a lot of offers flowing in via the recruiting Twitter accounts the past couple of days.

Can I just complain for a minute about how annoying it is that there's a high-profile 2024 recruit named Billy Richmond who is racking up offers left and right? Makes monitoring Twitter for mentions of us a little more difficult. 😩

"Richmond holds offers from Alabama, Cal, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, Mississippi State, Saint Louis, & Villanova." o_O

Can I just complain for a minute about how annoying it is that there's a high-profile 2024 recruit named Billy Richmond who is racking up offers left and right? Makes monitoring Twitter for mentions of us a little more difficult. 😩

"Richmond holds offers from Alabama, Cal, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, Mississippi State, Saint Louis, & Villanova." o_O
I’m going to offer him now! 😊😊

Did you have the same problem with Mitch back in 1982?
Although I think his Twitter traffic was kind of light back then…

Kadary Richmond caused some issues during both his recruitment and his portal days.

Today is the first day coaches are officially allowed to contact 2025s. We and everybody else have reached out to Landon Vanderwarker out of Columbus, OH, and VCU has offered him.

I’m sure it’s not actually the case, but it feels like everybody but us made a bunch of 2025 offers today.

VCU offered at least four guys today, on top of a few others over the past few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT